Exclamation The Way I would Like The Fastpass System To work!

There has to be a way that everyone could enjoy the fastpass system. I remember back in the day when my family would go to Sea World here in San Diego the back of the map was a "fastpass system" which I loved. Each map had a recomended show schedule to follow by. It was great beacuse you went by your day the way the theme park wanted to you to go by. The only set back to this was that thoes particular shows were rather packed and you had to get there early to get a seat at least. Now to my idea on how to apply to a park like say Disneyland. I would remove those Fastpass Machines outside the rides. I would provide each guest with a sheet of fastpass sheet to enjoy a ride. These sheets would only be available in the front as guest are walking into the park. Guest would still have the option of being in a stand by line. Now you might be asking what to do with these fastpass sheet. Well these sheets would give you particularly your faminlys/group Fastpass times (ex: Splash Mountain 11:30, Finding Nemo subs 12:30, Space Mountain 1:30, Indiana Jones 2:30 and so on and so on.) The key to this is that say every 500 fast pass is each made with different times. This... I think will give everyone in the park an equal chance to ride all the big rides in the park. Now you might be asking your self how would the park control this, a family/group could ride say splash mountain 4,5 times at 11:30, well no a cast member could whole punch a mickey or an FP (for fastpass) on each sheet to show they've already used it! I think this would work out wonderful especially on thoes day in which a classic returns to disneyland ex: Captin Eo, Sleeping Beauty walk-through, Rocket-rods. I think this would bring down the crowd levels around the attraction especially thoes Ap Memeber who flock the park as soon as one of thoes attractions open (guilty I am one of thoes AP). Would not that be cool seen a sheet that say: "Your Captin Eo Callback time is 6:45 pm, please make sure to arrive in time." This is like your promise of seeing Captin Eo at 6:45 without having to stand in line for 4 hours. So now comes your input, do you think something like this could work at disneyland or do you think this could have a lot of failure to this! LET ME KNOW WHAT YOU THINK! YOU NEVER KNOW YOU MIGHT BE FEEDING THE IMAGINATION OF A FUTURE IMAGINNEAR
    "Around here, however, we don’t look backwards for very long. We keep moving forward, opening up new doors and doing new things… and curiosity keeps leading us down new paths.” - Walt Disney

• Support MC - Go GOLD!

Re: The Way I would Like The Fastpass System To work!

wow
    lots of red
    big letters
    and caps
    Quote by Al:
    To that end I'd like the Internet community to join me in reminding the Disney company that "it all started with Walt." As you can see below we've created some T-shirts, plus a few simple graphics that you can copy and paste into your websites to let folks know how you feel.
    -Al Lutz

• Support MC - Go GOLD!

Not sure about your proposal

I like fastpass (don't care to see it go anywhere)
    but the true way of being fair is just taking everything out
    and each person has to wait in a stand by line.
    Quote by Al:
    To that end I'd like the Internet community to join me in reminding the Disney company that "it all started with Walt." As you can see below we've created some T-shirts, plus a few simple graphics that you can copy and paste into your websites to let folks know how you feel.
    -Al Lutz

• Earning My Stripes

Sounds a little too regimented. It's like Disney planning out your day for you.

• Dive ..... Dive.....

Your system if very efficient but unrealistic unfortunately. If we were all robots it would work very well.

• I eat TR's for breakfast!

Too complicated and not worth the fuss of replacing the already existing system.

Honestly I don't see the problem in FP other than the fact that it makes the Stand By queues that much longer.

• Pumpkin Dragon

Quote Originally Posted by SunBurst View Post
    Sounds a little too regimented. It's like Disney planning out your day for you.
    Many guests like to be flexible with their day at Disneyland/WDW/Disneyland Paris/Disney Tokyoseas.
    STOP CHEWING MY SHOELACES! D:

Ahh! The project is on fire! D:
    This fire has delayed our signature redesigning, Excuse the smoke...and the burnt pixie dust...
    I SUPPORT THE RETURN OF THE HATBOX GHOST!

• Banned User

So how do you prevent people from grabbing bundles of these "Tickets"?

• Not a Minion

Disneyland can hold THOUSANDS of visitors each day and giving out a packet like that to each guest will be quite costly.

Issues to resolve:
    - what do you do when a guest comes in late
    - what do you do when the fastpasses run out. they can't hand them out all day and i am sure that if they're all gone before noon, lots of guests would be upset.
    - what if you have an appoitment at the blue bayou during a given fast pass time?
    - what if a family doesnt want to ride a certain big ride?

I think it would be smart for disney to hand out fast passes like that, but I think it has its flaws, flaws which are fixed with the current fastpass system in place. Sure, it's not perfect, but it works pretty well.

•   
    • Circle of Ancients

I know this is going to sound radical but why not just have a system where there is a line and people who get in that line only have to wait for people who were in line before they got there?
    Waiting for Godot Micechat.com

• Support MC - Go GOLD!

Quote Originally Posted by sleepyjeff View Post
    I know this is going to sound radical but why not just have a system where there is a line and people who get in that line only have to wait for people who were in line before they got there?
    Are you suggesting that ppl actually show some patience
    enjoy the queue area
    and maybe actually talk to other ppl in line and maybe make a new friend

LOL
    Quote by Al:
    -Al Lutz

•   
    • Circle of Ancients

Quote Originally Posted by DLFreak71 View Post
    Are you suggesting that ppl actually show some patience
    enjoy the queue area
    and maybe actually talk to other ppl in line and maybe make a new friend

LOL
    Yeah, I know, I know, not a realistic suggestion
    Waiting for Godot Micechat.com

• Rock Star Minion

Fastpass works great for the guests who know about it, and the fewer people know about it, the better it is for the well-knowledged ones.

Taking it out would be better for the park. It would suck for the knowledged ones, though.
    "Here You Leave the World of California Today and Enter the World of, um, er, California Today."