Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Re: Will fires in L.A effect disneyland at all?

Quote Originally Posted by Victoria View Post
    Really? Down here in Mission Viejo last night I couldn't detect any sign of smoke in the air. The sky was nice and clear too. You can see the huge smoke cloud looking north (it looks a lot like an atomic bomb went off), but it's white which I think is a good thing. But other than that you can't even tell that the fires are going on.
    You know I am way down in Oceanside, and for the past few days I've seen an atom bomb looking cloud when I look to the north. I wondered if that could possibly be from the fires so far away.

• Angel Fan MC Man

Blog Entries

This time, knock on wood (so to speak) the fires and smoke are a bit more distant for me.

But living along the coast between Ventura and Santa Barbara, we certainly have seen our share of smoke and ash and flames in recent years.

And fire season as we know it around here doesn't really get into full swing for a few weeks yet.

At this time, I'd like to say that I am keeping the residents of the areas affected, and the firefighters and other emergency personnel in my thoughts and prayers, and encourage others to do the same.
    God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to know the difference.

Quote Originally Posted by Radiobarry View Post
    This time, knock on wood (so to speak) the fires and smoke are a bit more distant for me.

But living along the coast between Ventura and Santa Barbara, we certainly have seen our share of smoke and ash and flames in recent years.

And fire season as we know it around here doesn't really get into full swing for a few weeks yet.

At this time, I'd like to say that I am keeping the residents of the areas affected, and the firefighters and other emergency personnel in my thoughts and prayers, and encourage others to do the same.
    I know what you mean, RadioBarry. We've had so many terrible fires recently..the Gap fire, Jesusita, and I think I'm forgetting one that happened in-between those. Hm. There was a thing in the news about people hiring goats to eat local brush (like at Westmont), which sounded super cool and proactive.

My thoughts are also with everyone who has been affected by this.

• Disneyland History Lover

Quote Originally Posted by MickeyIsMyne View Post
    You know I am way down in Oceanside, and for the past few days I've seen an atom bomb looking cloud when I look to the north. I wondered if that could possibly be from the fires so far away.
    Yep. It's a pyrocumulus cloud caused by the fire. Essentially the same type of cloud that forms after an atomic bomb goes off due to the immense heat near the ground which rises and cools the higher it gets into the atmosphere.

• Angel Fan MC Man

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by roxy72 View Post
    I know what you mean, RadioBarry. We've had so many terrible fires recently..the Gap fire, Jesusita, and I think I'm forgetting one that happened in-between those.
    That would be the "Tea" fire, the one started by the remnants of a bonfire that Wesmont College students thought they had successfully extinguished near the old Tea Gardens in Montecito.
    God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to know the difference.

Hey, we are supposed to be heading out (from AZ) to DL tomorrow (Saturday, 9/5) has anyone been to DL today or yesterday who can tell me if they could smell any smoke. I have bad asthma and so does my 3 year old son so we don't want to end up in the emergency room but also really don't want to cancel our trip if the air is clean.

Any news about smoke or poor air quality at DL is appreciated. I know a couple of days ago the news was reporting that the smoke was all the way to Vegas and even Colorado...

Thanks!

• Beach Expert

A beach town that Harbor Blvd was named after

Quote Originally Posted by ChiliPep222 View Post
    Hey, we are supposed to be heading out (from AZ) to DL tomorrow (Saturday, 9/5) has anyone been to DL today or yesterday who can tell me if they could smell any smoke. I have bad asthma and so does my 3 year old son so we don't want to end up in the emergency room but also really don't want to cancel our trip if the air is clean.

Any news about smoke or poor air quality at DL is appreciated. I know a couple of days ago the news was reporting that the smoke was all the way to Vegas and even Colorado...

Thanks!
    There is no smoke anywhere near Disneyland.

• Angel Fan MC Man

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by ChiliPep222 View Post

Thanks!
    I don't know if this helps any, but Pasadena's closer to the fires...at least the biggest one...than Disneyland is, and the air quality is predicted to be good enough to let them play a college football game at the Rose Bowl tomorrow (UCLA-San Diego State) as scheduled.

I was just there this morning; no smell of smoke at all. Very hot, though. 95 degrees and humid.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123