Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

• Banned User

Should the Fantasmic dragon sequence be extended?

So, with the new dragon, I have been thinking: Should Disneyland's show have extended dragon time like Florida's? With Murphy, they could have her follow Mickey around the stage with her head, snapping and growling at him as he walks around putting out the flames. It could have the same music from Florida at this part, only get the dragon more involved (don't make her just sit there, idly watching). What do you think? Ideas, comments?

Re: Should the Fantasmic dragon sequence be extended?

I wouldn't mind it extended, but not like Florida's. There has to be a good way of extending it.

Quote Originally Posted by stevo505 View Post
    So, with the new dragon, I have been thinking: Should Disneyland's show have extended dragon time like Florida's? With Murphy, they could have her follow Mickey around the stage with her head, snapping and growling at him as he walks around putting out the flames. It could have the same music from Florida at this part, only get the dragon more involved (don't make her just sit there, idly watching). What do you think? Ideas, comments?
    No an extended version would be horrible. The WDW version has a prancing Mickey in the dragon scene as well as the Jafar scene. So no the way it is is just fine.
    DL Trips: '86, '87, '88, '89, '91, '92, '93, '94, '95, '96, '97, '98, '99, '00, '01, '02, '03, '04, '05, '06, '07, '08, '09, '10, '11, '12, '13...

• Dive ..... Dive.....

No, the dragon segment at Disneyland is so awesome because it's short and timed so well. It leaves you wanting a little more unpurpose and it makes Fantasmic repeatable.

• Banned User

The only thing that would be super cool is if the dragon shot fire at Mickey, Mickey Jumped away before a huge inferno ball burst, and then he kills the dragon. Only thing I would like.

Other than that, no.

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by ICe101 View Post
    The only thing that would be super cool is if the dragon shot fire at Mickey, Mickey Jumped away before a huge inferno ball burst, and then he kills the dragon. Only thing I would like.

Other than that, no.
    You know what I'd like to see? Mickey fighting back with his magic as the dragon shoots fire at him (a la concept art)

• Beach Expert

A beach town that Harbor Blvd was named after

Other than that, no.
    That would be much more realistic than what we have now.

Actually the whole dragon scene doesn't make sense. If the dragon is such a threat, then why does he set the river on fire? If the dragon was such a legitimate threat, he should be aiming for Mickey instead, trying to destroy him.

With the Florida version he takes so long to defeat the dragon. What makes it worse is that she just stands there waiting for Mickey to defeat her, I mean she has a good opp to spit fire at Mickey or something (yes I know they wouldn't do that, I'm just saying). Not very exciting, IMO. Here he shows up, does his stuff and bye bye dragon! There just seems to be a lot of "gaps" in the WDW version.

In fact, my cousin and I were just talking how "slow" the WDW version is in contrast to CA. Not a lot of excitement in some scenes from what I've seen on YouTube. I dunno, maybe I'm just biased towards the CA version.

Other than that, no.
    That could add some action, although you risk putting the performer in danger of being burnt. Unless they used some sort of trick perspective with Mickey and the fire.

Quote Originally Posted by DisneyIPresume View Post
    That would be much more realistic than what we have now.

Actually the whole dragon scene doesn't make sense. If the dragon is such a threat, then why does he set the river on fire? If the dragon was such a legitimate threat, he should be aiming for Mickey instead, trying to destroy him.
    I think it's more of an effect and symbolizes evil (fire) taking over.
    Last edited by tech4all; 08-28-2009 at 10:39 PM. Reason: Added other quote

• I eat TR's for breakfast!

No. It would take away from the magic to have it sitting up there for longer than a few minutes.

And plus, disney doesn't need even MORE opportunities for bugs. So I say no.

• Dive ..... Dive.....

• I eat TR's for breakfast!

Quote Originally Posted by Seawolf View Post
    :O never thought of that before! But good luck finding a horse who knows what he/she's doing when surrounded by a lake of fire and a huge dragon.

• Not a Minion

they should extending it by pausing the dragon for a few seconds to allow for some great photo ops

actually, they shouldnt.

• Addicted to MC since '08

Wow, I never knew Florida's dragon scene is longer! Now I have to watch one of those Youtube videos with both versions of the show playing next to each other.

I'd hate if they made it like WDW's dragon scene. The music in the extended part almost kills the whole show for me.

• Dive ..... Dive.....

Quote Originally Posted by DisneyPro View Post
    Wow, I never knew Florida's dragon scene is longer! Now I have to watch one of those Youtube videos with both versions of the show playing next to each other.
    Don't think you need to watch them side by side to see the 20 second increase shoehorned in WDW's version.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast