Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast

• Banned User

Question Carsland: What do you think?

So I looked for a prior topic on this and couldn't find it, so here it is. I'm personally not sold on this idea. I think Bug's Land works because it's just one area and gives stuff for kids to do, but whole movies shouldn't generally warrant a whole land. I really don't like this trend. Especially ones that really don't seem to be lasting in popularity. I know the movie made money, but it doesn't seem to be as memorable and Toy Story or Nemo. I haven't even seen it. Also the name just seems kinda cheesy to me. I think they could've come up with something better. Anyway, I'm am happy to see the updated test track come here, and the hovering tires will be cool, but it just seems forced. I would of rather seen a desert themed area with a Cars attraction than this. Your thoughts?

• Disney Down Under

Australia - 7458 Miles Away From Disneyland :(

Re: Carsland: What do you think?

I like the ideas of the rides, cant wait to ride the test track-esque ride never been to WDW but my friends who have say its one of the best things there

But its a bit overkill theming a whole land on a movie, should of had the same rides just different theming

Quote Originally Posted by DARTH KNITE View Post
    I know the movie made money, but it doesn't seem to be as memorable and Toy Story or Nemo. I haven't even seen it.

I think before you go any further you should go and see the movie.

Using WDW's test track technology for a cars ride will work very well in my opinion. The ride will be massive in area of space it will take up and i guess themeing the whole area around it to cars will make the experience all that much better and worthwhile.

This ride will be amazing and the whole cars themed land will really put people into it.

Im ok with the land, just not the name. Carsland is just.....duh. How bout Radiator Springs at least? Im sure it will be cool tho.

• Future Cast Member

I'm more excited about CarsLand than the rest of the DCA expansion, especially WOC!

Quote Originally Posted by Cuddles McHenry View Post
    Im ok with the land, just not the name. Carsland is just.....duh. How bout Radiator Springs at least? Im sure it will be cool tho.
    Exactly.

I thought "Carsland" was a very poor choice, while Radiator Springs would have been perfect.

But John Lassiter did not ask me ;-)

Brian

• Only the Lonely

Blog Entries

I really looking forward to carsland because I want to see how they are going to make a "fictional" town come to life..plus I can't wait for the return of the "flying saucers"..opps I meant..Lugi's roamin tires..
    "Your dead if you aim only for kids. Adults are only kids grown up, anyway." Walt Disney

[

• Minion

im not sold on the whole land for A film..oh well a land based on a film series for that matter..but like the rest of you...i would also like it at least to be called by its proper name RADIATOR SPRINGS!!!!!!!!!!!!. carsland is just plain retarded...

• PAP Holder

Quote Originally Posted by BGLeduc View Post
    Exactly.

I thought "Carsland" was a very poor choice, while Radiator Springs would have been perfect.

But John Lassiter did not ask me ;-)

Brian
    Wasn't Radiator Springs located in Arizona (or some other easterly state)? Either way, I agree that Carsland, while not a terrible concept, is a pretty unimaginative name. Since the only other land in DCA is a A Bug's Land (which just happens to be another Pixar film), it seems like they're stepping further away from the California theme. Maybe it won't be too long before there's Toyland, Ratatouilleland, and Wall-eland. There is an Upland, CA however...

Quote Originally Posted by Cuddles McHenry View Post
    More then likely they will change the name to Radiator Springs. Carsland is for people to know what the area is about especially those who have never seen the movie.
    DL Trips: '86, '87, '88, '89, '91, '92, '93, '94, '95, '96, '97, '98, '99, '00, '01, '02, '03, '04, '05, '06, '07, '08, '09, '10, '11, '12, '13...

• "I Break Things"

meh... my thoughts are buried in other threads. In a nutshell it's a cop-out for an uncreative WDI that forgot how to theme attractions to lands and the place will have a shelf-life tied to the movie.
    "Happiness is a Low Water Level"

"Creating magical memories and making Managers cry since 1955!"

• =)

I'll try to sum up my views quickly:

* I think the land as a whole will be a very beautiful and impressive place.

* I think RSR will deliver a buttload (butteload? ) of immersive thrills, thoroughly entertaining thousands of guests every hour.

* I think Cars Land will be WAY out of place in a park that claims to be about California and that contains many explicit California elements. Radiator Springs' location is never explicitly stated in the film, but it's in Arizona. Maybe New Mexico. Definitely not California, for reasons that can be found on other sites. And I don't buy the Route 66 connection; by that logic, DCA could include any locale in the world, as long as it had some sort of tenuous connection or similarity to some part of California.

* The name is incredibly lame. Why not change New Orleans Square to Pirates Land and be done with it? I'm still holding on to the hope that Disney will wisen up and call it what it is - Radiator Springs - since the people who would want to see a Cars land would know what Radiator Springs is anyway.

* As for basing a whole land on a single franchise...yeah, it's dangerous because of how quickly trends can change, but if it's an immersive and interesting land with attractions that are incredibly fun and impeccably Disney-ish, I think it will do just fine in that regard.

In six words or less: great execution, good idea, bad context.

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Prince Ali

Yeah, I'm with the many who despise the name "carsland", I refuse to call it that. I will only refer to it at Radiator Springs.

kunai, no, Radiator Springs is not placed in any specific state. The only specific is that Radiator Springs is in Carburetor County.

• I don't know him!

Initially I was a bit worried about Carsland, but I realised that it's not likely that Walt Disney Parks and Resorts are going to stop this trend of basing rides and lands off Pixar films, so I have kinda gotten over that. Then I realised that I don't care what movie it's based off as long as it is a shining example of what Disney is famous for; immersive enviroments, stunning detailing and quality entertainment. Carsland should show all of these things, and in terms of what Pixar films would make awesome looking lands, Cars is a pretty good choice. And if it sells heaps of merchandise that is a bonus for the WDC I suppose. The two minor rides look like fun and none of them are straight off the shelve or totally unrelated to the theme of the land so they should be good to.

Just looking at the amount of space RSR is taking up gives me an indication of the quality it should be. If it includes a whole recreation of the main street of radiator springs (as some have said) it will probably be elaborate and heavy on AA's, with richly detailed sets and some awesome scenery to race through. The real E-ticket that DCA needs.

All in all I'm pretty optimistic.

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by cositaluvsmickey View Post
    I really looking forward to carsland because I want to see how they are going to make a "fictional" town come to life..plus I can't wait for the return of the "flying saucers"..opps I meant..Lugi's roamin tires..
    I can't recall where I heard or read it, but I seem to remember the description of Luigi's tires as a system that Luigi kluged together using fans (or something) to make the tires float. If that's the conceit, then it's totally different from the DL Flying Saucers technology.

This structure:

at one of the Imagineering facilities in Glendale. Could it be a Tire Test Structure? With a big fan at the back?

Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast