Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Angry What to do when Ball Road gets blocked....

Okay, so I moved to the Disneyland area a few years ago, and go fairly regularly. I always park in the M&F structure because of my pass. Usually, I don't have a problem getting out of the park, but every once in a while (Like last night at around 9:45pm), the Park will actually BLOCK traffic from exiting the structure to Ball Road, and force everyone towards I-5/Manchester.

First off, does anyone know why they do this? There never seems to be a reason behind it. All it seems to do it confuse guests and slow down the traffic even MORE because of the people trying to get over to Ball, and then back into the other lane to keep moving.

Second, is there any legal and safe way to get back to Ball? Whenever this happens, I pull an illegal U-Turn at the light to get on/off I-5.

It really upsets me every time, and I really wonder how lost the tourists get. The first time it happened to me, it took 20 minutes to get back on track because I was looking for a way to either get back to Ball or Euclid St (The next major street to the west running parallel to Harbor)

• Eu gosto de ir a Disney!

Re: What to do when Ball Road gets blocked....

so it doesnt cause accidents. this is why my wife and i walk. we live close enough to walk.

• Evaporate, tall person!

I live in the Inland Empire of Southern California..
    Blog Entries

I get frustrated with that too.. I think I get off at Lincoln and then take it to Harbor.. and then turn back towards Ball.. and find my way back to the 57..

Something like that..

It is annoying that they do that.. they should have signs at the exit for "towards Ball Rd" and "towards I-5"..

But again.. that might cause more congestion with the tourist crowds that don't really know where they are going..

DISNEYLAND: It even makes science geeks look cool!!

• Yeah.....

I just do what you do, except usually further down the road. There's a bunch of residential streets to turn into real quick and wait for traffic to clear. Or you could just go south on the 5 the short distance it is to the Harbor Blvd. exit.

Just an FYI, you can park in any parking structure, no just M&F. I usually try for Pumba in the morning.

• Beach Expert

A beach town that Harbor Blvd was named after

Quote Originally Posted by coachnancy View Post
    Just an FYI, you can park in any parking structure, no just M&F. I usually try for Pumba in the morning.
    Most definitely. Pumbaa and Gardenwalk, if they are open, are a breeze to get in and out of. If you live within 20 minutes of the park this is the best area to park in.

Supposedly the city traffic enforcement is the one that blocks those lanes. They want to force everyone to get off city streets and unto the freeways.

I personally think its stupid. If most people are like myself, after the parks sometimes i like to stop and enjoy something to eat late night and since they force me off the street i take my business away from Anaheim and to the next city. There has been times when i feel like going to gardenwalk after the park but these deviations that force me off the street makes me just forget it and head to another shopping area away from Anaheim.

Also if the parking structure was designed with multiple exit ramps why merge them all together into one or two lanes. This causes so many delays and causes so many people to get confuse and cut right through three or four lanes to get somewhere else.
    I guess i can't blame them, i have tried to figure out some of the stupid decisions that traffic enforcement and caltrans do in many parts of the state.

Best thing to do now is get on the 5 freeway south and exit right away on harbor. Then turn left and you are back on Ball.

• Evaporate, tall person!

I live in the Inland Empire of Southern California..
    Blog Entries

So I should go 5 SOUTH... makes sense.. I'm soo going to do that next time..

I live NORTH of Anaheim so my instinct is to go north.. but now that I know that Harbor is the next exit.. that makes life easier..

DISNEYLAND: It even makes science geeks look cool!!

I have to take the 57 home, so whenever that happens I also do the illegal u-turn at the light and then go left on Ball. Gotta love the assumption that if they force everyone onto the 5, that will magically take them where they need to go, when in reality it just forces everyone into making u-turns in residential streets so they can get where they need to go.

• Where's Push?

I take the 57 too, but when we are forced to take the 5 freeway onramp, you could stay to the left and take Manchester down to Lincoln. Lincoln has an onramp to the 57 freeway. Its a great alternate.
    Take Care,

Brenda

My 17-year old daughter showed me this, and I don't know if it is illegal, but it is effective: when coming down to the bottom of the ramp when leaving the parking structure, you can usually cut over between the concrete pillars all the way to the right (but be careful!), and that will get you to the Ball Road turn to the right. Works every time!

• 60 Dazzling Years!

I take 5 south back home, so I never noticed, but having lived in Hollywood for many years where events take place on a nightly basis ... I learned to always have several alternate ways to get to and from my home.

• Banned User

Just a warning that the Half Marathon is next weekend on the 6 and they will be blocking some areas off during the morning.

• Done waiting!!

After you go over Ball on the overpass that takes you onto Manchester, there's a signal where you turn right onto the 5. I just make a U turn at that signal. There's no signs saying its illegal! After you make the U-turn you end up at the intersection with Ball (at the AMPM).
    I'm literally a born Disney fan! I was born at Providence St. Joseph Med Center right across the street from Disney Studios in Burbank. The same hospital where Walt died.

By the way my shirt in the pic says "I like big sharks and I cannot lie"

• Banned User

Disneyland, I Go So Much Might As Well Live There!
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Peglegin98 View Post
    Just a warning that the Half Marathon is next weekend on the 6 and they will be blocking some areas off during the morning.
    Ball Rd will be closed from 5 to 10 AM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast