Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast

• Sock Puppet

A Blue Bayou Spoiler!

On a recent float through Pirates, I couldn't help but notice something in the Blue Bayou.

As we floated along in the darkness, all of a sudden I noticed a castmember walking through the bayou! For the first time I realized there is a walkway along the back of the bayou wall that runs the length of the room.

I have to say it ruined the illusion. But what made it worse is the castmember was walking calmly along, as though on her way to her break, taking her time with a cell phone cupped to her ear.

When our boat reached the house where the old man is rocking, I then saw two more castmembers standing to the side of the house having a conversation! They were actually standing there having a conversation in the middle of the Blue Bayou in plain sight of all passing boats!

A little boy with his Dad in the row behind me said, "Daddy, who are they? Are they pirates?"

I felt like yelling out, "Hello! Do you realize you're having a conversation in the middle of this ride?"

Don't get me wrong, nothing can ruin Pirates of the Carribbean for me; it's my all-time favorite attraction. But was this just some weird fluke? Why would Disney let castmembers walk around back there, ruining the illusion for the riders? And wouldn't castmembers have enough sense to at least duck down as they passed so as not to be seen?

Re: A Blue Bayou Spoiler!

I never noticed that before, but now I'll be looking for it.

• Disney for life!~

Aww man.That sucks.

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Pineapple Queen

I've seen what you talked about first. It really does kill the illusion.

Sounds like those castmembers need a good talking-to. Perhaps they were there for some important reason, but they shouldn't be standing out in plain view of guests, or at least not care about it.

• A Pirate's life for me!

Over the years, we've seen people walking in that area before as well.

Funny thing...Last week while at the Park and on the Pirates ride, I was just thinking about that walkway and purposely looked for it again as we rode by.

Now you bring it up...

LOL!

• Minion

I don't know what part you're talking about!

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Get the Iodine!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Soulquarian
    I don't know what part you're talking about!
    Neither do I soul. To me that is why Disneyland is interesting. You find out about all these new things all of the time.

• A Pirate's life for me!

If I worked there, I would dust off my pirate outfit, put it on and sit down next to the old guy rocking on his chair. As folks approached I would hold real still and then...POW!! Scare everyone in the boat!

Of course, I probably wouldn't be working there for too long...

But it would be fun while it lasted!

• MiceAge Columnist
    • Dateline Disneylander

I saw a CM walking back there on Saturday.

Disney Lover is describing a walkway that is behind all the faux trees and boat in the blue bayou lagoon portion of the ride to the left side of your boat. If you look closely at the background behind the trees and boats, etc its merely a painted wall of course... Well, a bit below water level and behind the faux-trees there is a walkway for CMs. It totally kills the illusion of depth and scenery when you see a CM walking back there.. I'll be going to Disneyland again this Saturday, I'll take a photo of the area we're talking about if I remember.. and if nobody posts any pictures until then.

Photos, news, and commentary every week from Walt Disney's Magic Kingdom!

| | |

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by PirateMickey
    If I worked there, I would dust off my pirate outfit, put it on and sit down next to the old guy rocking on his chair. As folks approached I would hold real still and then...POW!! Scare everyone in the boat!

Of course, I probably wouldn't be working there for too long...

But it would be fun while it lasted!
    you forgot the beer stein in your other hand.. lol

This happened a bunch last July, on the day we were there when POTC shut down for a while. We sat there for about 40 minutes, and we saw people walking by there at least five times.

My kids were unimpressed though. My nine-year-old was busy telling me she could lean over and see that the water was only a couple of feet deep, so she wasn't scared about falling in.
    "Say, uh, ever hear of the devil's paint pots? Real mystery of the desert. Bubblin' pots of mud in all kinds of colors."

• Animatronic

I've seen people on the bayou walkway, and even once recently, behind the pirate ship in the big battle scene. They could at least pretend to be swimming =P

• ...TWO BITS!

I saw CM walking behind the Ship in the Battle Sequence too.

Another note, my sister said one time at USH, she was riding the Jurassic Park ride and the part where the dinosaurs pop out and "spit" at you, a mechanic was there. I guess he was fixing something and stood where the dinosaur would be and acted like a dinosaur. He positioned himself to look like a dinosaur and made dino-sounds too. I''m not sure if this is true or not, but it's an interesting story.

"You're not thinking fourth dimensionally!" -Back to the Future

"With this place, I wanted to give them something real, something that wasn't an illusion, something they could see and touch. An aim devoid of merit."
    -Jurassic Park

• =)

Just recently, I saw a CM walking along that path behind the bayou. He seemed much more concerned about not being seen by guests than the CMs you spotted, Disney Lover. He was sort of hunched over, and he hurried behind the cabin to avoid being seen by guests. It didn't ruin the illusion as much as you'd think; it was more interesting than disappointing.

What REALLY ruins the Blue Bayou area is tourists taking flash pictures. The whole sky lights up for a split second, and you're instantly reminded that you're not outside in the Louisiana dusk; you're inside a huge warehouse at the edge of Disneyland, with air conditioners and vents and chipping black paint on the ceiling. Now THAT makes me mad.

• SM - 14 TIMES! DLAND!!!

i've seen that twice....it ruined it for me a little.....but i thought it was kinda funny
    "I only hope that we don't lose sight of one thing - that it was all started by a mouse."

¡Quédese sentó por favor!

Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast