Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

• Banned User

Re: 3rd Park and Marvel in Tomorrowland

[QUOTE=JIrish780;1055538279]Seriously though, given a choice, I'd much rather they awkwardly fit in DCA than exacerbate Tomorrowland's problems any further.

and just for the record, what do you see as Tomorrowland's problems?

I appreciate the responses to my post.

I just wanted to respond to a few things.

I think some folks missed that I posted originally the list for Disney's World Fair in response to another post about creating Disney attractions around old films. Hence, the list is heavy on cartoons and film tie-ins.

There was some concern about the size of the land needed for so many attractions. Yes, not all of them would make it, but Disney has been really clever with using space well. For example, Pirates and Haunted Mansion are pretty much underground while the lines are above ground. By creatively using space Disney can maximize the number of attractions that can be placed in smaller areas. Also, doesn't part of Alice and Toad kind of overlap in the space used? - I thought I read that somewhere on the boards.

Also, there were some comments about the number of dark rides. Fantasyland has Peter Pan, Toad, Alice, Snow White and Pinocchio - 5 dark rides very close together so I don't think the number of proposed dark rides in each land is a problem.

I agree that where possible dark rides and coasters should be combined to create that unique Disney experience as we have seen in Splash Mountain.

There was a comment about getting rid of the Aristocats because of changing modern tastes. I am at Disneyland this week for my annual trip, and have seen a lot of Marie merchandise so I think it could work.

There was one comment about the mixing of countries and continents, and I agree it should be just countries. I would rename the South America section, and call it Mexico. As for Africa and the Middle East, they should become specific countries - maybe Kenya and Morocco (to match Epcot).

I think the one comment about not having countries with just one ride is kind of funny since Germany, Morocco and England debuted in Epoct without an attraction. If necessary, I can see eliminating some lands for space.

I appreciate the feedback. Thanks!

Where exactly in Anaheim would this be, let alone anywhere? Seeing how many lands and rides you proposed, that would require about as much land as Walt Disney World, or all of that together.

In my opinion, I think Disney should not make any rides based off the Marvel movies.

• Welcome Foolish Mortals

I hope that there is NEVER anything to do with Marvel at any Disney parks!!

Have you ever seen the Marvel stuff at Universal ? its cheesy as hell and has NOTHING WHATSOEVER to do with Disney.

Disney only bought Marvel to get a piece of the $ pie and rob competitors of using the brand name at their parks or have to pay Disney to use them.

"This would be a great place if we could only get rid of all these people." - Walt Disney

"Whenever I go on a ride, I'm always thinking of what's wrong with the thing and how it can be improved."
    — Walt Disney

"I wanted to retain my individuality. I knew if someone else got control, I would be restrained." —Walt Disney

"The fun is in always building something. You see, we never do the same thing twice around here. We're always opening up new doors." —Walt Disney

"I've always been bored with just making money. I've wanted to do things; I wanted to build things, to get something going..." —Walt Disney

"I can never stand still. I must explore and experiment. I am never satisfied with my work. I resent the limitations of my own imagination." —Walt Disney

"Get a good idea and stay with it. Work it until it's done and done right." —Walt Disney

"Freedom of speech in all forms and in its broadest sense — has become vital to the very survival of a civilized humanity." —Walt Disney

• Kingdom Comedian

Quote Originally Posted by GothicManor View Post

Have you ever seen the Marvel stuff at Universal ? its cheesy as hell and has NOTHING WHATSOEVER to do with Disney.

Disney only bought Marvel to get a piece of the $ pie and rob competitors of using the brand name at their parks or have to pay Disney to use them.
    (bold text added by me)

It's not like they would just scoop up the Universal rides as is and plop the into the park. They would use Marvel as a source material and MAKE something Disney out of it!

Star Wars, Indiana Jones, Muppets, and Twilight Zone are not Disney...but look what was created using them.

I am of the opinion that there should be more rides that are original concepts and not dirivatives of other media...but when you have some of the most iconic characters in the comic medium at your disposal...why letthem go to waste when you could turn them into something magical?

• Yeti Enthusiast

Quote Originally Posted by timbabbcomedian View Post

I am of the opinion that there should be more rides that are original concepts and not dirivatives of other media...but when you have some of the most iconic characters in the comic medium at your disposal...why letthem go to waste when you could turn them into something magical?
    Because Marvel characters don't conceivably fit in ANY area of the park.

I don't want Marvel characters in Disneyland, personally. The only ones I can even think of being in the park would be Fantastic Four, in Tomorrowland because the characters are more Sci-Fi than the rest. But Spider-Man in DL? No. Please, no.

As for DCA, I'm not as firm on that one. They would work in the Hollywoodland (Hollywood Back Lot) area. The Muppets building has had proposals for Philharmagic and Narnia, both of which have been dropped. A Spider-Man attraction or some other attraction would be fine here. But seeing one of these characters walking around Paradise Pier or near Grizzly? Again, no.

ImagineerWarrior

• Honorary DL Citizen

Thumbs down Re: 3rd Park and Marvel in Tomorrowland

Quote Originally Posted by elitepetite View Post
    I wanted to get some ideas for 2 different things. One is ideas for the 3rd park. I posted most of this info on another thread about creating attractions based on older Disney movies.

Tomorrowland has been outdated for some time - this might be the perfect spot for some Marvel based attractions. I don't know much about Marvel Comics, but I can see a World of Tomorrow where humans get superhuman powers - think Spiderman.

Ideas for attractions based on other Disney films could be used in the infamous "3rd Gate." I would call the third park "Disney's World Fair".
    Walt Disney had such a great impact on the 1964 World's Fair that a park celebrating the cultural and storytelling traditions of different nations would be a great way to pay tribute to Walt's participation in '64 Fair, and provide a great theming vehicle for new attractions. This park would be like Epcot's World Showcase, but there would be lots of rides as well as restaurants.
    Africa:
    Animal Expedition: A water ride through a turbulent river featuring lots of different animals. Think of a cross between Jungle Cruise and Splash Mountain.
    The Lion King: A dark ride with culminating in a spectacular musical number of "Circle of Life" in the great tradition of Splash Mountain.
    Tarzan's Adventure: A thrilling coaster ride with some chances to get wet.
    China:
    Dragon Coaster: This attraction is not based on a movie. Treasure hunters get more than they bargained for when a family of dragons appear to protect the gold and gems.
    Mulan's Journey: A dark ride based on the film.
    Reflections of China: Same film as in Epcot.
    France:
    The Aristocats: A dark ride based on the film.
    Beauty and the Beast: A spectacular dark ride based on the film. The "Be Our Guest" segment will make this ride a classic.
    Cinderella: A dark ride based on the film.
    Impressions de France: Same film as in Epcot.
    Sleeping Beauty: A dark ride based on the film.
    Germany:
    Alpine Adventure: A coaster ride through some of Germany's mountains.
    Old Mill: A ferris wheel type ride like the one that used to exist in Disneyland Paris, but with greater capacity.
    Rhine River Cruise: Boat ride based on the one planned, but never built for Epcot.
    Snow White Mine Coaster: A coaster ride for young children through the dwarfs' mines.
    Greece:
    Hercules: A dark ride based on the film.
    Mythia Coaster: A coaster featuring figures from Greek mythology.
    India:
    Jungle Book: A dark ride based on the film.
    Ireland:
    Darby Gill: A mild coaster dark ride featuring leprechauns and loosely based on the film.
    South America:
    The Emperor's New Groove: A dark ride based on the film.
    Gran Fiesta Tour Starring the Three Caballeros: Same as the Epcot ride.
    Soarin' Over South America: An aerial tour of this continent's majestic landscapes.
    Middle East:
    Aladdin's Carpets: Same as the ride in Florida.
    Aladdin's Flight: Dark ride based on the film.
    Arabian Pots: Aladdin spinning ride similar to Fantasyland Tea Cups.
    United Kingdom:
    Alice's Curious Labyrinth: Same as the attraction in Disneyland Paris.
    101 Dalmatians: A dark ride based on the film.
    Bedknobs and Broomsticks: A dark ride based on the film. Cars would be flying beds.
    Mary Poppins: An E-ticket spectacular dark ride based on the film.
    The Sword in the Stone: A dark ride based on the film. The "Higitus Figitus" segment would be a hoot.
    United States:
    Colonial Square Area:
    Adventures of Icabod Crane: A dark ride based on the classic short.
    America Sings: Updated version of the old attraction.
    The American Adventure: Same attraction as in Epcot.
    Cruise through American Legends: Boat ride featuring Johnny Appleseed, Pecos Bill and others.
    The Wilderness Area:
    Adventures of Davy Crockett: Coaster ride based on the films from the 1950s.
    Bambi: Dark ride based on the film.
    Country Bear Jamboree: A revival of the classic attraction.
    The Fox and the Hound: Dark ride based on the film.
    Pocahontas: A boat ride based on the film.
    Western River Expedition: The classic ride finally gets the green-light.
    The Pacific:
    Lilo and Stitch: A dark ride based on the film.
    Volcano: A coaster ride through a Hawaiian volcano.
    Disney's World Fair would have lands based on countries, thus, making it easy to group new attractions based on older Disney films.

1. What do folks think about a World's Fair theme for a potential 3rd gate? If you like it, what attractions would you have?

2. Do you think Marvel inspired rides could spruce up Tomorrowland? Would Marvel and Tomorrowland be a good fit?

You must be living in Fantsyland... a third park is not going to happen and NO No NO on Marvel in Tomorrowland. DCA maybe, but no on DL
    "You may not realize it when it happens, but a kick in the teeth may be the best thing in the world for you."

- Walt Disney-

• Shifting cargo

Marvel to me just doesn't belong in the parks, even in California Adventure. It doesn't fit and would look horrible. I also would hate to see Spider Man walking around in the parks next to Winnie the Pooh. Does that fit? Not in the least.

"Well I don't know about you folks, but it's way past my bedtime."

• Mickeyfan3

Marvel characters and rides have NO place in DL, DW, or any real Disney themed park. They are only Disney by purchase. Maybe at the MGM studios or something, but not in Mickey's house. Sorry......Muppetvision was okay.

I like Superman and all the rest, but sorry.....that would totally detract from the Disney feel.
    Counting the minutes......next trip ??????!!!! (to far away!!!)
    That is current Puppy in Training for Guide Dogs for the Blind, TIKI!!!!
    Hoofprints On the Heart Adaptive Riding Center

Quote Originally Posted by GothicManor View Post

Are you kidding me?

The Amazing Adventures of Spiderman is probabl the best dark ride IF NOT the best ride in the world. Theme theme is amazing, ride technology has not been topped after 10 years, hs major reridability, major detail, and is focused on Spiderman!

Don't say Universal is tacky. Have you ever been to DCA? Or how about Six Flags. That's tacky. GRRR, you Disneylanders need to realize Marvel is a great thing for Disney.
    I take banner requests!

• Senior Minion

Quote Originally Posted by Sultan_Jafar View Post
    GRRR, you Disneylanders need to realize Marvel is a great thing for Disney.
    You need to realize that Marvel is a great thing for Disney financially.

Otherwise, it's a bucket of crap for Disneyland fans -- including those of us Disneyland fans who are also longtime Marvel fans.

"With the acquisition of Marvel and now of Lucasfilm,
    Disney may have finally found the grail. You don't need
    imagination or art. All you need is a brand."

- Neil Gabler

• Kingdom Comedian

Quote Originally Posted by Sultan_Jafar View Post
    GRRR, you Disneylanders need to realize Marvel is a great thing for Disney.

Good luck with that, sir. It's an uphill battle in here.

• Disneyland Connoisseur

I really don't think that Marvel will find its way into the park. Sure, Marvel has been bought out by Disney, but I don't think they want to show any trace of it in the parks. The two do not mix AT ALL. Disney= Magic, fantasy, dreams, etc. Marvel= Superheroes, violence, destruction, etc. Marvel is almost a contradiction to Disney... no offense to any Marvel fans out there.
    4th Trip To Disneyland: June 28th-June 30th!

• Disneyland CM

So many people insist there will no way no how be a third park. I just dont think its true. I really believe there is a possibility of a third gate being built someday.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast