Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Talking 3rd Park and Marvel in Tomorrowland

I wanted to get some ideas for 2 different things. One is ideas for the 3rd park. I posted most of this info on another thread about creating attractions based on older Disney movies.

Tomorrowland has been outdated for some time - this might be the perfect spot for some Marvel based attractions. I don't know much about Marvel Comics, but I can see a World of Tomorrow where humans get superhuman powers - think Spiderman.

Ideas for attractions based on other Disney films could be used in the infamous "3rd Gate." I would call the third park "Disney's World Fair".
    Walt Disney had such a great impact on the 1964 World's Fair that a park celebrating the cultural and storytelling traditions of different nations would be a great way to pay tribute to Walt's participation in '64 Fair, and provide a great theming vehicle for new attractions. This park would be like Epcot's World Showcase, but there would be lots of rides as well as restaurants.
    Africa:
    Animal Expedition: A water ride through a turbulent river featuring lots of different animals. Think of a cross between Jungle Cruise and Splash Mountain.
    The Lion King: A dark ride with culminating in a spectacular musical number of "Circle of Life" in the great tradition of Splash Mountain.
    Tarzan's Adventure: A thrilling coaster ride with some chances to get wet.
    China:
    Dragon Coaster: This attraction is not based on a movie. Treasure hunters get more than they bargained for when a family of dragons appear to protect the gold and gems.
    Mulan's Journey: A dark ride based on the film.
    Reflections of China: Same film as in Epcot.
    France:
    The Aristocats: A dark ride based on the film.
    Beauty and the Beast: A spectacular dark ride based on the film. The "Be Our Guest" segment will make this ride a classic.
    Cinderella: A dark ride based on the film.
    Impressions de France: Same film as in Epcot.
    Sleeping Beauty: A dark ride based on the film.
    Germany:
    Alpine Adventure: A coaster ride through some of Germany's mountains.
    Old Mill: A ferris wheel type ride like the one that used to exist in Disneyland Paris, but with greater capacity.
    Rhine River Cruise: Boat ride based on the one planned, but never built for Epcot.
    Snow White Mine Coaster: A coaster ride for young children through the dwarfs' mines.
    Greece:
    Hercules: A dark ride based on the film.
    Mythia Coaster: A coaster featuring figures from Greek mythology.
    India:
    Jungle Book: A dark ride based on the film.
    Ireland:
    Darby Gill: A mild coaster dark ride featuring leprechauns and loosely based on the film.
    South America:
    The Emperor's New Groove: A dark ride based on the film.
    Gran Fiesta Tour Starring the Three Caballeros: Same as the Epcot ride.
    Soarin' Over South America: An aerial tour of this continent's majestic landscapes.
    Middle East:
    Aladdin's Carpets: Same as the ride in Florida.
    Aladdin's Flight: Dark ride based on the film.
    Arabian Pots: Aladdin spinning ride similar to Fantasyland Tea Cups.
    United Kingdom:
    Alice's Curious Labyrinth: Same as the attraction in Disneyland Paris.
    101 Dalmatians: A dark ride based on the film.
    Bedknobs and Broomsticks: A dark ride based on the film. Cars would be flying beds.
    Mary Poppins: An E-ticket spectacular dark ride based on the film.
    The Sword in the Stone: A dark ride based on the film. The "Higitus Figitus" segment would be a hoot.
    United States:
    Colonial Square Area:
    Adventures of Icabod Crane: A dark ride based on the classic short.
    America Sings: Updated version of the old attraction.
    The American Adventure: Same attraction as in Epcot.
    Cruise through American Legends: Boat ride featuring Johnny Appleseed, Pecos Bill and others.
    The Wilderness Area:
    Adventures of Davy Crockett: Coaster ride based on the films from the 1950s.
    Bambi: Dark ride based on the film.
    Country Bear Jamboree: A revival of the classic attraction.
    The Fox and the Hound: Dark ride based on the film.
    Pocahontas: A boat ride based on the film.
    Western River Expedition: The classic ride finally gets the green-light.
    The Pacific:
    Lilo and Stitch: A dark ride based on the film.
    Volcano: A coaster ride through a Hawaiian volcano.
    Disney's World Fair would have lands based on countries, thus, making it easy to group new attractions based on older Disney films.

1. What do folks think about a World's Fair theme for a potential 3rd gate? If you like it, what attractions would you have?

2. Do you think Marvel inspired rides could spruce up Tomorrowland? Would Marvel and Tomorrowland be a good fit?

• Senior Minion

Re: 3rd Park and Marvel in Tomorrowland

Quote Originally Posted by elitepetite View Post
    2. Do you think Marvel inspired rides could spruce up Tomorrowland?
    No.

Would Marvel and Tomorrowland be a good fit?
    No.

"With the acquisition of Marvel and now of Lucasfilm,
    Disney may have finally found the grail. You don't need
    imagination or art. All you need is a brand."

- Neil Gabler

• Addicted to MC since '08

1. World's Fair Idea:
    -How big would this park be? It would need to be MASSIVE for the amount of rides (especially the dark rides) that you are proposing.
    - I think that there should be less roller coasters and less dark rides, and combine the two to make a new experience. An example of this would be TDS's JTTCotE.
    - add some more non-movie inspired rides.

2. Marvel in Tomorrowland?

-no

• Swish and Flicker

I like the idea of Disneys world fair but I think there should not be so many rides based on movies.
    And no to Marvel.
    "If you live to be a hundred, I want to live to be a hundred minus one day, so I never have to live without you." -Winnie the Pooh

• Future Skipper

Africa:
    The Lion King: A dark ride with culminating in a spectacular musical number of "Circle of Life" in the great tradition of Splash Mountain.
    China:
    Dragon Coaster: This attraction is not based on a movie. Treasure hunters get more than they bargained for when a family of dragons appear to protect the gold and gems.
    Mulan's Journey: A dark ride based on the film.
    Reflections of China: Same film as in Epcot.
    France:
    Beauty and the Beast: A spectacular dark ride based on the film. The "Be Our Guest" segment will make this ride a classic.
    Cinderella: A dark ride based on the film.
    Impressions de France: Same film as in Epcot.
    Germany:
    Old Mill: A ferris wheel type ride like the one that used to exist in Disneyland Paris, but with greater capacity.
    Rhine River Cruise: Boat ride based on the one planned, but never built for Epcot.
    Snow White Mine Coaster: A coaster ride for young children through the dwarfs' mines.
    Greece:
    Hercules: A dark ride based on the film.
    Mythia Coaster: A coaster featuring figures from Greek mythology.
    South America:.

Gran Fiesta Tour Starring the Three Caballeros: Same as the Epcot ride.
    Middle East:
    Aladdin's Flight: Dark ride based on the film.
    Arabian Pots: Aladdin spinning ride similar to Fantasyland Tea Cups.
    United Kingdom:
    Alice's Curious Labyrinth: Same as the attraction in Disneyland Paris..
    Mary Poppins: An E-ticket spectacular dark ride based on the film.
    United States:
    Colonial Square Area:
    Adventures of Icabod Crane: A dark ride based on the classic short.
    America Sings: Updated version of the old attraction.
    The American Adventure: Same attraction as in Epcot.
    The Wilderness Area:
    Bambi: Dark ride based on the film.
    Country Bear Jamboree: A revival of the classic attraction.
    Pocahontas: A boat ride based on the film.
    I did editing to your list as to A. What I liked best and B. What I think they could fit into a park. I eliminated the Ireland, Pacific, and India sections entirely. I also took out a few rides based on less popular movies (Bedknocks and Broomsticks, Emperor's New Groove, Fox and the Hound). As great as they would be, and hey, I love Emperor's New Groove and Aristocats, but they simply wouldn't appeal to customers IMO.
    Anyways, you've got some great ideas here, and if Disney does add a third gate I think this would make a great theme. Sort of the Westcot that never was with a little Animal Kingdom thrown in.

And as for Marvel in Tomorrowland...
    No.

• Banned User

No to Worlds Fair and no to Marvel. I am sick of real life things, I want some more fantasy, and not Marvel.

• Artistic integrity

1. What do folks think about a World's Fair theme for a potential 3rd gate? If you like it, what attractions would you have?
    Love your ideas .. but Disney would have to buy up a lot of neighborhoods to fit all your rides. That spot we've been touting would be the future "3 gate" (South/East corner of Harbor and Kattella) is not as large as we'd like to believe it is.

2. Do you think Marvel inspired rides could spruce up Tomorrowland?
    A simple - NO.

Would Marvel and Tomorrowland be a good fit?
    Another - NO!

I have absolutely had it up to here .. with the oversaturation of toons and characters and characters and characters throughout the park.

If anyone can re-read the plaque at the front of Tomorrowland.... There's nothing on that plaque that says ... "Over inundate the land with cartoon character driven attractions that will only appeal to the kindergartner."

Disney is working hard on brainwashing us giddy consumers that Toons (and soon enough - the "Toon/sh" worlds of Marvel) are the beginning .. middle .. and end to EVERYTHING they do now.

I still believe that what is more "thrilling" and inspiring are attractions and lands that speak to our intellect .. and mature side .. with original ideas that are not driven by movie tie-ins .. or toon tie-ins.

And if there's one land that once (and is suppose to) speak to the "adult" in us ...... IS Tomorrowland.
    Last edited by Tomorrowland_1967; 09-02-2009 at 05:13 PM.

• Future Cast Member

you have some great ideas!

and to your questions, no, I don't think Marvel belongs in the parks

• I just wanna be happy = )

I know that there's that parking lot that they wanted/want to turn into a park. So when I heard about the Marvel buy, I was confused at first, but figured that if anything could work it would be an "extreme" park based on the Marvel world. Roller coasters and all that jazz. Idk how the Islands of Adventure thing in Florida is going to work now but I think that's exactly what Disney should be doing with these characters now that they have them. Keep them out of DL and DCA. Please.
    Last edited by Peace_N_Love; 09-02-2009 at 07:12 PM. Reason: 'Cuz. = P

• Future Cast Member

Quote Originally Posted by Peace_N_Love View Post
    Keep them out of DLP and DCA. Please.
    Agreed!

• Im a stage Ninja

I like your ideas but i think that Marvel should only be inside Disneyland as Meet and Greets or in the Fireworks so that would be a No to Tomorrowland

BUT i do like the idea of making a new park just add some Marvel rides or shows and a little less ride Disney wouldn't be able to keep up all the rides after redoing DCA and Disneyland and Buying Marvel LOL
    This is my Leko their are many like it but this one is mine. With out my Leko i am job less, with out me my Leko is not working

• Adventures with Duffy

I like the idea of World Fair. Because I really enjoy Epcot and World Show Case. I think if done well, this could be a great third gate.

Im not a fan of Marvel in the parks at all. If they have to have it in a park, then they should put Marvel in its own park. And not in DCA or any of the Studios.

• Diva Extrodinaire

I like the World's Fair. I had a similar idea called Disney's World Showcase. It had each land be a continent. The central hub would have a large globe, but with a map of the world on it, not a golf ball

Also, I think that a retro-themed Marvel ride could fit in the Hollywood area of DCA if they get ride of Monsters Inc/Millionaire/Hollywood and Dine, but not Tomorrowland. Er, on second thought, an Iron Man dark ride COULD replace Innoventions.
    ONE TWO THREE NOT ONLY YOU AND ME

• Banned User

Talking Re: 3rd Park and Marvel in Tomorrowland

Currently there isnt enough room for a full size 3rd gate, unless its a smaller park like water park, which could be great. Move the parking down HArbor and Katella and put the 3rd park between DLH and Ball Road

No Marvel in the parks just like my previous stance - No Muppets either. they do not belong.

Does anyone know just how big the Strawberry fields actually are, and if they were to use all of the land they currently have (just pretend we could build ridiculously large garages and not have to worry about parking) and how that would compare to Disneyland or California Adventure or any other Disney park.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast