Best place to watch Fantasmic?

First, this board rocks! I'm a new member and have learned so much from reading y'all's posts.

My husband and I are APs and are planning on going to see Fantasmic on Saturday. This is the main reason we're going and are perfectly willing to take a blanket and park our behinds somewhere and wait, but I'm not sure of the best place to go. He has issues standing still on concrete for long periods of time so I'd prefer a place where we can sit and watch the show. What do y'all recommend, and what time should we plan on getting there?

• Banned User

Re: Best place to watch Fantasmic?

Well I can't say exactly when you should get there but 2 and a half hours should get you in the seating territory. The show is 1,000x better when you are sitting down.

I hate to sound blonde (but I am), where is the seating territory?

Along the fence around front of the stage, you'll notice ppl there sitting on there blankets. You can always ask a CM there out there like around 2 hrs before show time

On maybe August 25th, I was able to grab nice spot after the Fireworks. I was at Main Street when Magical ended, then walked at a fast pace to New Orleans Square. When I got there, I found the front sitting area still pretty empty. When I sat down, just to the right of the main controls, nearly dead on with the stage, I was only 3-4 people from the water. From there it was like a 40 minute wait to the 10:30 Fantasmic. Though, it might be too risky if things have changed since then to do this.

I did notice when you wait for the first showing as it got closer they had a float with a live music, that never happened before the 10:30 show during my 5 day stay.

Also, to the right of the main control tower with all the lights, there's a reserved sitting area. Everyone in that area sits. If you get there early enough, the white rope in front that reserved area, you can stand there. But if you are right at the rope, you can sit down and almost have a decent view since no one in front will be standing. Unless a young kid about the height of the fence stands up, which they are not suppose to. With a couple friends, one in a wheel chair, we stayed in this area since we knew no one would stand in front of her. All though, even though I waited and all was fair, being 6-2, I sat down to give kids standing behind me a chance to see. It's possible a cast member may ask you to stand at a certain point while waiting as it gets close, but I was never told to stand when the show started.

• I eat TR's for breakfast!

The best spot is, of course, front and center.

The island is the stage, so sit accordingly.

Hint: do not sit right infront of a lamp post. XD

The best place to watch Fantasmic! is on the ground right in the middle where the center screen is. Basically dead on in front of Tom Sawyer Island, or as close as you can get. Then... not too close to the bars, cause they'll block your view, so far enough back that you can see the water with no obstructions.

Get there maybe 30 min. or more earlier, plop yourselves down and relax. Usually I go, while my party waits, and I get in line for the Clam Chowder/Gumbo and get some delicious bread bowls for a late dinner, and then get ready to enjoy Fantasmic!
    Words any Disney fan and especially Disney employee should live by:

"Disneyland is a work of love. We didn't go into Disneyland just with the idea of making money."
    -Walt Disney

"Disneyland will never be completed. It will continue to grow as long as there is imagination left in the world."
    -Walt Disney

"I do not like to repeat successes, I like to go on to other things."
    -Walt Disney

"We did it, Disneyland, in the knowledge that most of the people I talked to thought it would be a financial disaster - closed and forgotten within the first year."
    -Walt Disney

"It's kind of fun to do the impossible."
    -Walt Disney

"I only hope that we don't lose sight of one thing - that it was all started by a mouse."
    -Walt Disney

And yes, if you want to see the first show you'll have to sit and wait well over an hour in advance or more.
    But I usually go watch the Fireworks, and then rush, and I mean Rush, over to Fantasmic! and get a seat. It's always best when it's just a couple people, cause then you can always find a spot to sit, if it's like 5 people or so... it's doable if you are kinda pushy, and you have to usually sit apart, but it's doable.
    Words any Disney fan and especially Disney employee should live by:

"Disneyland is a work of love. We didn't go into Disneyland just with the idea of making money."
    -Walt Disney

"Disneyland will never be completed. It will continue to grow as long as there is imagination left in the world."
    -Walt Disney

"I do not like to repeat successes, I like to go on to other things."
    -Walt Disney

"We did it, Disneyland, in the knowledge that most of the people I talked to thought it would be a financial disaster - closed and forgotten within the first year."
    -Walt Disney

"It's kind of fun to do the impossible."
    -Walt Disney

"I only hope that we don't lose sight of one thing - that it was all started by a mouse."
    -Walt Disney

• Sock Puppet

Quote Originally Posted by ICe101 View Post
    Well I can't say exactly when you should get there but 2 and a half hours should get you in the seating territory. The show is 1,000x better when you are sitting down.
    nawwww i don't think so. i think the best place is standing, just to the right of tower b, so that you are centered between the two light poles around the rivers of america. 100% unobstructed view, center stage, you can see right over all of the sitting area, you get a good perspective of the whole stage, AND i tend to show up 30 min before the show and can always find a spot in that area. tower b is a great area since it stays lowered and tourists think they can't see from that location. i sat front and center against the river on the first night murphy was in the show (i got there at 4 to get that spot) and it wasn't any better than where i usually stand. plus, i had that fence in my face the whole time... not as good as that standing spot

• Keep Moving Forward

Quote Originally Posted by JamesDusenberry View Post
    And yes, if you want to see the first show you'll have to sit and wait well over an hour in advance or more.
    But I usually go watch the Fireworks, and then rush, and I mean Rush, over to Fantasmic! and get a seat. It's always best when it's just a couple people, cause then you can always find a spot to sit, if it's like 5 people or so... it's doable if you are kinda pushy, and you have to usually sit apart, but it's doable.
    If having the castle as the fireworks backdrop doesn't matter to you, just head over to the river after the first Fantasmic ends and grab a seat to watch them from there. You'll still hear the soundtrack and you'll see the fireworks perfectly. I actually prefer this area to Main Street, though that's just personal preference.
    Interested in visions fantastic of Disneyland?
    Check out my albums on Flickr by clicking here!