Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

• Time to Prep...Rally time

Ratatouille Ride Ideal

So I have a Ratatouille ride idea. Before I get to my idea lets talk about location. In DCA there is a empty abandoned building in the Hollywood Picture Backlot section of the park. It formerly housed the Who Wants To Be a Millionaire Play It Attraction.

Anyone who has been to Universal Studios Orlando's Island of Adventure and rode Spiderman has loved it and wished Disney had something like it. The same type of attraction can be made within the Dineyparks. You could follow Remy through his world. Experence the Coleny, and Restaurant.

The only problem I see with it is the Location/Themeing, but its the only place there is an open building in DCA

Well that's my idea, im sure im not the only person to think of it, but I just saw Ratatouille and thought it would be awesome!
    DJ Maverick
    Owner of Ace Entertainment Mobile Disc Jockey Services

Disneyland AP Holder Since 1994

If planning an event in Southern California check out http://www.planace.com for all your entertainment and wedding services needs!

•   
    • Skeevy Ray Vaughan

Re: Ratatouille Ride Ideal

Not one of Pixar's best movies for merchandising. I wouldn't count on it.

• Faerie Godmother

If anything Ratatouille-based is going to be built in a Disney park, it had dang well better be a restaurant, not a ride.
    More to Disneyland than meets the eye? You don't know the half of it...
    Knights of the Magic Kingdom

• Artistic integrity

Well ...
    you'll get your wish. Kinda -

http://www.lifthill.com/news/ratatou...studios-paris/

Don't know if it will ever come to a "state side" Disney Resort ... But come 2012 ... if you've never been to Disneyland Paris ... this will be the time to go.

I'd maybe expect Marvel to have a presence soon in DLR. Probably in your DCA.
    I take banner requests!

WDI actually has played with the idea of a ratatouille ride since the movie came out. That was one of the ideas that was proposed for the north west corner of DCA Paradise pier next to the eating area. it might have actually worked depending on the kind of direction that facade would have taken especially since its structure would be next to the piers largest eating section.

The idea was actually pretty clever and would have been a fun addition.

Eventually it was scrapped for that park but is now supposedly on its way to Paris Disney studios with some changes.

I think the hollywood section needs more attractions but with Monsters there and muppets still there it would be interesting to see something more invigorating that is not based on an animated story. Actually, after Carsland and mermaid i think its time for the park to receive attractions that are not based on disney or pixar movies.

(unless they give us the incredibles attraction that was once proposed. Now that would have been awesome and a huge hit)
    Last edited by Baloo; 09-03-2009 at 09:32 PM.

• Artistic integrity

Beyond what that link says (the one I just provided) .....
    Does anyone know of any other site that goes into any additional details?
    I went to Micechat's Paris Resort section ...
    and there are two threads that mention BlueSkyDisney.
    But no one provided a direct link to the specific story. And after going to the site myself I got frustrated and sayed "the hell with it" .. as I failed to find exactly where the story is.

And .. don't even bother googling Ratatouille Walt Disney Studios Paris. I was just going in circles.

here

Blue Sky Disney: Search results for ratatouille attraction

if that does not work search the Thursday july 30,2009 update

and here is another article

http://disneyandmore.blogspot.com/20...pdate-all.html

[QUOTE]Eventually it was scrapped for that park but is now supposedly on its way to Paris Disney studios with some changes./QUOTE]

seriously? paris? they're losing more money with that park over there than anything else...no one really is excited about going to disneyland over there

and yaah i think ratatouille would work better as a restaurant than a ride...i mean the whole movie's about food although disney can make anything function

• =)

Quote Originally Posted by MonkeySeeMonkeyDo View Post
    The only problem I see with it is the Location/Themeing
    And, to be frank, it's a rather large issue - too large for me to agree with the idea. Make a case for how to address that, and maybe I'll change my mind.

• Artistic integrity

Hey thanks Baloo ...
    that second link ESPECIALLY was really nice.
    Much more details.

Nice to see the Disney Paris Resort is getting an E Ticket .. Not since Space Mountain in 1995!!

[quote=MusicJunky2;1055539672]
    Eventually it was scrapped for that park but is now supposedly on its way to Paris Disney studios with some changes./QUOTE]

seriously? paris? they're losing more money with that park over there than anything else...no one really is excited about going to disneyland over there

and yaah i think ratatouille would work better as a restaurant than a ride...i mean the whole movie's about food although disney can make anything function
    Everything I read has said that the parks have been bouncing back ever since their 15th anniversary. At the studios they have added the Tower of Terror, the Crush coaster and toon area which seem to have helped a lot. I can't wait to see how the Ratatouille ride comes out.

• Collision speed....FULL!

They were very close to doing a Ratatouille ride for DCA; it would've gone in Paradise Pier in a large, elaborate French style building that would occupy Muholland Madness, Corn Dog Castle, and Dinosaur Jack. It would've been part dark ride part wild mouse coaster. They realized that the movie was more popular in Paris, so they scrapped the plans for this and moved it to WDS in Paris. I don't know if the new ride they're working on is the same ride that was proposed; I don't keep up with the news feed for DL Paris, so I wouldn't know.

Quote Originally Posted by Karalora View Post
    If anything Ratatouille-based is going to be built in a Disney park, it had dang well better be a restaurant, not a ride.
    The movie is cute and all but I don't know if I want to eat in a restaurant that is themed on rats cooking, and have rats doing meet and greets!

Hollywood Backlot needs another attraction.
    DJ Maverick

If planning an event in Southern California check out http://www.planace.com for all your entertainment and wedding services needs!

[quote=AtomicBear;1055539770]
    Quote Originally Posted by MusicJunky2 View Post

Everything I read has said that the parks have been bouncing back ever since their 15th anniversary. At the studios they have added the Tower of Terror, the Crush coaster and toon area which seem to have helped a lot. I can't wait to see how the Ratatouille ride comes out.
    Crush Coaster would be kinda kool at DCA too. The problem is there are all these kool ride ideas out there, but more of them cant work with the themeing of DL so DCA ends up mis-themed

Quote Originally Posted by Nautilus View Post
    They were very close to doing a Ratatouille ride for DCA; it would've gone in Paradise Pier in a large, elaborate French style building that would occupy Muholland Madness, Corn Dog Castle, and Dinosaur Jack. It would've been part dark ride part wild mouse coaster. They realized that the movie was more popular in Paris, so they scrapped the plans for this and moved it to WDS in Paris. I don't know if the new ride they're working on is the same ride that was proposed; I don't keep up with the news feed for DL Paris, so I wouldn't know.
    I doubt that there is enough room there now with Little Mermaid going in. Also they couldn't build a large building there cause of the DVC Grand California Suites
    DJ Maverick

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast