• Banned User

Where is the Logic?

If Rocket Rods generated so much of a guest response (on opening day the line went through its enormous general queue and started as far back as Main St.) why hasn't TDA decided to greenlight a peoplemover track revitalization project yet? It has been 8 years now and not even one rumor of a design concept has been heard yet.

• Time to Prep...Rally time

Re: Where is the Logic?

Quote Originally Posted by WestsideCM99 View Post
    If Rocket Rods generated so much of a guest response (on opening day the line went through its enormous general queue and started as far back as Main St.) why hasn't TDA decided to greenlight a peoplemover track revitalization project yet? It has been 8 years now and not even one rumor of a design concept has been heard yet.
    I want the people mover back! If they bring Rocket Rods or the people mover back they are going to ahve major issues with the queue! The Queue for Rocket Rods was where they put Astro Blasters.
    DJ Maverick
    Owner of Ace Entertainment Mobile Disc Jockey Services

Disneyland AP Holder Since 1994

If planning an event in Southern California check out http://www.planace.com for all your entertainment and wedding services needs!

• =)

I have no insider information, but I'd imagine most of the delay has come from the technical difficulties involved in making anything other than a slow ride (e.g. the PeopleMover) work with the non-banked turns, as well as the fact that Disney is currently investing a lot of money elsewhere. I'm sure they'll remedy this issue eventually...hopefully without force-feeding us any elements from films that don't fit in Tomorrowland.

•   
      MiceChat Moderator
    • Super Duper!

What does logic have to do with anything?

• Dive ..... Dive.....

Quote Originally Posted by MonkeySeeMonkeyDo View Post
    they are going to ahve major issues with the queue! The Queue for Rocket Rods was where they put Astro Blasters.
    The queue could easily be installed with stairs where the finding nemo store is or on the top level of starcade.

Quote Originally Posted by dland_lover View Post
    What does logic have to do with anything?
    Since it was such a popular ride why have they waited so long? It would be logical that they would have done this a long time ago.

• ..but you can call me Pam

I think dland_lover was being sarcastic, as in.....they've never used much logic before, so why start now?

• Cars Land Rocks!

I enjoyed Rocket Rods, but if that kind of ride can't work there, I'd at least like to see a new maybe more futuristic PeopleMover brought back.

• Banned User

What I don't get is that the track has been sitting there collecting leaves for that long and discussions haven't even started on any revitalization. Granted that Disney will probably need alot of sponsorhip money in conjunction with the money it would take to refurb the track and its infastructure but even then, when did it get so hard to sell an idea on the basis of one of Disneyland's most popular attractions (Rods) to a corporate entity? Personally I think it would be a great opportunity for Ford since they got a healthy profit boost from the C4C program.