Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

• Minion

Re: What do you hope will happen with Marvel and the parks?

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Wiggins View Post
    That's not what Bob Iger and Tom Skaggs said at the Monday conference call.

Not even close.

What did they say?
    "I love Mickey Mouse more than any woman I have ever known."-Walt Disney

Hope I was helpful!

• Senior Minion

^ Quotations and links to the relevant articles are in the Marvel Entertainment forum.

"With the acquisition of Marvel and now of Lucasfilm,
    Disney may have finally found the grail. You don't need
    imagination or art. All you need is a brand."

- Neil Gabler

• Swish and Flicker

Quote Originally Posted by stevo505 View Post
    I hope to see nothing relating to Marvel in the parks. Ever.
    "If you live to be a hundred, I want to live to be a hundred minus one day, so I never have to live without you." -Winnie the Pooh

• The line's too long...

Quote Originally Posted by sunrider View Post
    really? well i dont know why it surprises me though...hasbro owns lego and parker bros, wizadrs of the coast...playskool, ban di and practicaly everything else toy..i think its only rival is mattel.. thats why i assumed..so i guess seeing a wallcrawling spidermouse figure and a goofy as magneto in the years to come is just gonna be a forgone conclusion
    Hasbro does not own Lego. Lego is still an independent, private company.

• The line's too long...

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Wiggins View Post
    That's not what Bob Iger and Tom Skaggs said at the Monday conference call.

Not even close.

Bingo, the NYT article even specifically mentioned the theme parks as a place for Disney's new Marvel property. It's coming whether we want it to or not, Iger didn't just spend $4 billion for just the movie rights.

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Pineapple Queen

I just can't see anything Marvel meshing with any of the current parks, in theme or feeling.

I'm not a hardcore Marvel fan, but from what I've seen of comic book superhero stories in general, doesn't almost everything take place in New York? That's a very different look thematically from anything in Disneyland or DCA.

And what about Universal? Will they have to loose a lot of the current attractions they offer, because Disney is continuing to monopolize? That just doesn't sit well with me. The "Disney" and "Marvel" brands just feel so different from each other...IMO, they should be separate entities.

• Future Cast Member

I hope to see no Marvel in the parks at all. I don't really like Marvel, but that has nothing to do with it. I just don't think it would fit in at all in the parks, even just something small like merchandise or a meet-and-greet.

Absolutely nothing at all. The only thing I hope comes from this is that Disney starts making money from people going to Universal Studios and seeing the Marvel things there, and that Disney starts making a lot of money from the Marvel films like Iron Man 2 that's coming out soon, so then they will have higher profits and they can start bringing the ticket costs for the parks back down to a reasonable level!
    Words any Disney fan and especially Disney employee should live by:

"Disneyland is a work of love. We didn't go into Disneyland just with the idea of making money."
    -Walt Disney

"Disneyland will never be completed. It will continue to grow as long as there is imagination left in the world."
    -Walt Disney

"I do not like to repeat successes, I like to go on to other things."
    -Walt Disney

"We did it, Disneyland, in the knowledge that most of the people I talked to thought it would be a financial disaster - closed and forgotten within the first year."
    -Walt Disney

"It's kind of fun to do the impossible."
    -Walt Disney

"I only hope that we don't lose sight of one thing - that it was all started by a mouse."
    -Walt Disney

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by JamesDusenberry View Post
    Absolutely nothing at all. The only thing I hope comes from this is that Disney starts making money from people going to Universal Studios and seeing the Marvel things there, and that Disney starts making a lot of money from the Marvel films like Iron Man 2 that's coming out soon, so then they will have higher profits and they can start bringing the ticket costs for the parks back down to a reasonable level!
    That's probably going the be the core of it to start. However I seriously doubt that it will benefit us in the ticket price though.

Also, they will probably start working on some television, internet and gaming options.

Unfortunately, even if they don't incorporate any Marvel properties as park attractions, I believe they WILL start selling Marvel merchandise. Remember, Disney = merchandising (except when Marketing takes over).

• DL Nerd

Quote Originally Posted by susstar View Post
    idk.... about this whole Marvel deal :/ I prefer ONLY Disney characters at DISNEYland

I hope you steer clear of Indiana Jones and Star Wars as a matter of principal then.
    All your dreams can come true if you have the courage to pursue them. - Walt Disney

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by vfire View Post
    Hasbro does not own Lego. Lego is still an independent, private company.
    check out the boxes i could have sworn they were a subsideary unless it deals with specific items

i would never allow it in the california parks however DHS it does themeatically think in like new york street and stuff i would not have a huge problem with that but i think that movies games and tv shows should be the big focus here and not so much rides unless it blends together perfectly like ST and Indy that works but marvel not so much or maybe a show like how the muppets got a show.

Once again, DCA is like a themeatic nightmare. Marvel could only make it better.
    I take banner requests!

• Vasooki-land Owner

Nothing. I hope to see nothing at all.
    We are currently imagineeing a new attraction for you!

Please enjoy all the other attractions in fabulicious Vasooki-land!

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by pineapplewhipaddict View Post
    I just can't see anything Marvel meshing with any of the current parks, in theme or feeling.

I'm not a hardcore Marvel fan, but from what I've seen of comic book superhero stories in general, doesn't almost everything take place in New York? That's a very different look thematically from anything in Disneyland or DCA.

And what about Universal? Will they have to loose a lot of the current attractions they offer, because Disney is continuing to monopolize? That just doesn't sit well with me. The "Disney" and "Marvel" brands just feel so different from each other...IMO, they should be separate entities.
    currently universal still uses them..but isnt it funny though that they have to pay out marvel(now owned by disney) rights? think about it..disney now has their paws in the following companines because of marvel,marvel entertainment as a whole..as well as paramount, fox, sony,unless the movie rights and comic and toy rights are two diffrent animals....and remember they never once had power rangers..other then the toys in the parks at all so i think it will be ok

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123