Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

• Enjoying every day...

Re: Please complain about the Space Mountain's line!!!

I don't believe that security cameras or huge signs are the way to go. Lets not forget that when Walt built the park that he wanted everyone to forget about the outside world which is why their is a berm around Disneyland. Now if you put in noticeable security cameras all over the place and huge signs its going to remind people about life outside the berm. Did anyone even politely ask the group of teenagers to calm down? Sometimes you would be surprised how nicely they might respond. Even if they don't calm down, just inform a CM and usually they will handle the situation. I have seen it happen many times.

I say that they alter the story line a bit. Upon entering all teenagers and possible problem makers could have their hands tied with wire ties.

They could add a couple plasma screen in some of the walkways with a warden announcing that space criminals are to be transported to the boarding bay for immediate launch into outer space.

Once inside the main queue area the ties could be removed.

Or a few cameras with a CM monitering the queue might work also. then they could embaress the person on the loud speaker. Identifying them by shirt color and letting them know that they are commiting a criminal action and will be prosecuted.

• Minion

I think instead of painted dry wall .. they should create a pattern of metalic panels (aluminum, whatever). Keep the pattern simple and uniform .. Keep the mold so that multiple panels can be made in the event someone wants to etch something into metal.

Quote Originally Posted by woxel1
    I thought this thread was for complaining about waiting outside in a two and a half hour line in 100 degree weather when a nice cool indoor line sits unused so that the Fastpassers can breeze through it. That's something to complain about!

I did too. I was going to suggest they need the single rider line.

But on the topic of the paint, I was on the Fast Pass line a few weeks back and there was some torn pieces of it look liked wall-paper apart from the paint.

Quote Originally Posted by JP12
    They're not being cheap by only applying one coat of paint. Multiple coats of paint isn't going to make a difference here. It would be a waste of many to apply more paint here because it will just peal more easily. Their using a semi gloss paint which makes it easy to wipe down and clean at the end of the day, and another coat on top of the existing coat will not stick well.

They have to go through a lot of effort to repaint it anyway. They will have to sand all the paint on that entire panel, then completely repaint the entire thing. If they only painted the part that peeled then there would be a noticeable bump in the texture of the wall, which would be the point where people would start to pick at it again. I seem to remember this was a common problem with the old space mountian queue as well. Many times I walked through there to find holes punched in the drywall.

In all honesty the best option in this whole situation would be to install VERY noticeable security cameras, to keep people from doing this.
    Sanding would be the best way to repaint, but it doesn't look like they even used primer.

• Earth Intruder

Ha! At first I thought this thread was about complaining how they should remove Fastpass from Space Mountain and I was all, right on sister! Anyone ever wait in that never ending never moving line in the hot sun? Yeesh.

Fix the outside too, while you're at it!
    I am grateful... grapefruit! ~ Bjork (upon winning Best International Female Artist at the BRIT Awards)

Founding Member of the BA!

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by JP12
    They're not being cheap by only applying one coat of paint. Multiple coats of paint isn't going to make a difference here. It would be a waste of many to apply more paint here because it will just peal more easily. Their using a semi gloss paint which makes it easy to wipe down and clean at the end of the day, and another coat on top of the existing coat will not stick well.

They have to go through a lot of effort to repaint it anyway. They will have to sand all the paint on that entire panel, then completely repaint the entire thing. If they only painted the part that peeled then there would be a noticeable bump in the texture of the wall, which would be the point where people would start to pick at it again. I seem to remember this was a common problem with the old space mountian queue as well. Many times I walked through there to find holes punched in the drywall.

In all honesty the best option in this whole situation would be to install VERY noticeable security cameras, to keep people from doing this.
    I completely disagree. They are being cheap because they are using the same paint methods as they did when they repainted Tomorrowland with no primer and 1 layer of paint. There is already a ton of areas where the paint has chipped away from people sitting on benches and railins and all kinds of areas. If they would of done it the right way there would not be this problem and the same thing goes for SM. Back in the day they would use multiple layers of paint and a few layers of clear coat to prevent chipping. They also would paint something overnight if there was a problem but you dont see that anymore and I would like to see overnight repairs again.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123