How much did your first FAMILY trip to DLR cost?

I know there are a lot of you that are single, or young, etc... but for the families or groups of 3 or more... how much did your first DLR trip cost?

We took my mom, my five kids (only three tickets), my husband and I... we went from Sunday through Thursday, bought passes, ate out a lot, bought hats, etc and it was around 5k. For EVERYTHING.

Next?

I should add, that none of our trips since then have cost anywhere near that! That is a once everyone couple years occurrence.
    I have spent 80 days of my life at Disneyland.

• Planning my next trip...

Re: How much did your first FAMILY trip to DLR cost?

Before we book anything, we get quotes through DL's vacation website, as well as quotes for purchasing everything separately through discount websites like Expedia. Our last vacation was early Dec '08. We flew from Portland, OR to LAX and stayed 5 nights @ the HoJo. We priced it every way and the best deal was through Alaska Airlines vacation packages. Our total cost (including hotel, airfare, 5-day park hoppers and ART passes) was just over $1800 for 2 adults and 1 child. We also had an infant, but most charges didn't apply for her. This price did NOT include rental car or food/souvenirs. I think we calculated we spent around $2400 for the entire trip.

• Waiting for my E-Ticket

Hanging out at The Attic with Johnny Dakota

Well, the first trip was in 1985 with my parents and myself (I was 10, almost 11). It was just one day at the park and we were out in California visiting relatives that lived in Downey at the time, so we pretty much just paid for parking, park admission, food & a few souvenirs (I remember getting a BIG Thomas O'Mally from the Aristocats plush there... wish I still had it).

How much was park admission in 1985?

• Minion

My Dad was an employee of the County of Orange. Once a year, Disneyland had Orange County Employees Night (usually in mid-May). I think it started at 6 p.m. after the park closed its regular hours for the day. This was back when tickets were required for rides, but on Orange County Night no tickets were collected - they only took your Orange County ticket at the main gate and that was it. I think we went to it in 1967, 1968 and 1969. I remember the 1969 tickets cost my Dad $4 each. All rides included. We lived in the city of Orange, California so we just drove over to Disneyland and drove home when we were done. I don't know what the parking charge was then. Assuming that it was probably $4 to park, it cost our family of four a total of $20 for the night. It was very crowded, though.