Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

• Disney Fan & Musician

How to make someone feel the Disneyland magic

If I go with somebody to the parks and they've only gone once to Walt Disney World and they don't feel the magic, what's a way to make them feel the way I do with DLR? The walk down main street, the beautiful landscape, etc. What's a way to make them take it all in and feel like a kid again?
    Follow me on --> Twitter (@soda)

• Banned User

Re: How to make someone feel the Disneyland magic

Calling All CM's!!!

• rainy day girl

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by MatterhornJ View Post
    If I go with somebody to the parks and they've only gone once to Walt Disney World and they don't feel the magic, what's a way to make them feel the way I do with DLR? The walk down main street, the beautiful landscape, etc. What's a way to make them take it all in and feel like a kid again?
    Pay for everything. Definitely.

Seriously, I don't know how you can make the magic for anyone else. Either they feel it or they don't. No two people ever experience anything in the same way.
    Looking for the truth about giraffes? http://www.menacinggiraffes.blogspot.com/

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Nikon +Disneyland = :)

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by sunnygirl View Post
    Pay for everything. Definitely.

Seriously, I don't know how you can make the magic for anyone else. Either they feel it or they don't. No two people ever experience anything in the same way.
    I agree with SG. You can't really make someone feel anything when they walk through the tunnel for the first time. It seems weird to us, but there are quite a few people out there who might feel nothing. Or be bored. Or be irritated at all of that happy music. It takes all kinds to make a world, and not everyone responds to Disneyland they way that most of us do on this board.

• Faerie Godmother

I've found that being really open about the extent to which I feel the magic works wonders. Lots of people who thought they were too old for Disneyland have rediscovered it after going there with my sister and me and seeing how we turn into big kids there.
    More to Disneyland than meets the eye? You don't know the half of it...
    Knights of the Magic Kingdom

• I'm not really here

You can't make someone feel the magic. They have to let themselves feel the magic. The reason you can't make them is because Disneyland itself isn't where the magic is. The magic is inside your friend. If they are ignoring it or denying it they won't feel it. It comes from within. You can't force that externally.

I guess you could encourage them to let go and be child-like (NOT childish) or try to encourage their imagination (pretend you really are flying over London, etc), but even that can't be forced. They have to want to.

Our revels now are ended. These our actors, As I foretold you, were all spirits and Are melted into air, into thin air: And, like the baseless fabric of this vision, The cloud-capp'd towers, the gorgeous palaces, The solemn temples, the great globe itself, Yea, all which it inherit, shall dissolve And, like this insubstantial pageant faded, Leave not a rack behind. We are such stuff As dreams are made on, and our little life Is rounded with a sleep. mycroft16 on Twitter

• Disneynerd Merprincess

My best friends (and Disney freaks), bk15 among them, explained to me before our trip last New Years that I'd either "hate it or love it". Either you're kind of person who's just going to look around and see corporate merchandising, corporate merchandising, and a little bit of corporate merchandising, or you'll be completely taken away. I hadn't been since I was 4 (and that was to WDW).

I got sick the night before our first day in the park, and so needless to say, I wasn't a happy camper standing outside at 7AM waiting for the park to open. Everyone around was yelling, screaming, cheering, having a complete and utter blast -- I was like, "Who ARE these people?! What are they ON!? My god, it's just a friggin' park.." I mean, GROWN MEN AND WOMAN whooping and hollering and shaking in their sneakers with excitement, hahaha.

I remember, vividly, the moment that my idea of the magic of Disneyland changed. It was when I sat in the steering wheel front seat of Indiana Jones ("You get to drive!" my friends said, and I got nervous because I actually believed them for a few moments.. HAHA). As the jeep took off, I just started screaming and giggling, and from then on I was sold. That was it. That's where the magic happened. The rest of those three days were filled with hot chocolate, dole whips, dancing 'till midnight, screaming out songs on our 1AM walks through Anaheim, and bonding with my best friends. It's just that simple. It's there, or it's not. It's all up to you. (:
    BK15:
    Disney BFF and Partner-In-Crime!

Walt Disney World: 1995, August 2009
    Disneyland: New Years 08/09, January 2010, September 2010, New Years 2011

VALENTINE'S WEEKEND 2014
    ... with the Kristoff to my Anna!

Queen Elsa Is My Homegirl

•   
      MiceChat Round-Up Crew
      MiceChat Moderator
    • Unnatural and dreadful

Sing "It's A Small World" at them loudly, then charge them 4 dollars for a bottle of Coke.

But seriously....this is a very individual thing, just introduce them to things you enjoy, I suppose, and in a relaxed manner, do things you generally like and see if they like it too.

• Progressive Disneylander

As magical as the parks are to some of us, the magic really starts from within. Unfortunately, not everyone is receptive to the 'magic' and we are unable to transfer our feelings about the parks to someone else.

To me, the litmus test is if someone can find it fun to get a photo with a character after entering the park and then go on some Fantasyland rides like Peter Pan and Alice in Wonderland right afterwards. If they aren't rolling their eyes at that point, there's a chance they could have it in them to feel as you do.

• We Want The Redhead

The best way I know of converting even the most ctnical, is simply allow them to see how smaller children are experiencing the magic. Their enthusiasm is the most contagious.
    First Visit at the age of 12, July 17, 1968.
    First Ride, The Disneyland and Santa Fe Railroad.
    BRING BACK THE PEOPLE MOVER!

• "Always On The Move..."

I can feel for you. My Ex absolutely HATED Disneyland and all things Disney... if I could get him to go , he insisted upon wearing his service revolver. (He was a cop). He would make a huge point of letting security know that he had his 2nd chance weapon with him. (It was embarrassing).I tried everything to get him to feel the magic..but it was no go. In fact his entire family despised the parks.(At least MY parents made sure that I went at least once a year when we were married.)

So, the only thing you can do is keep the magic alive for yourself. Hang in there and if they find it...fantastic! If not...don't let them drag you down.
    Last edited by AlohaStitch; 09-10-2009 at 07:11 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by migo View Post
    I poop with joy!
    Best Quote...EVER!!!

Member of the Black Cat Owners Association #6

• I eat TR's for breakfast!

Honestly, in my experience, if they don't feel the magic the first time, they never will.

• Senior Minion

Quote Originally Posted by mycroft16 View Post
    You can't make someone feel the magic. They have to let themselves feel the magic. The reason you can't make them is because Disneyland itself isn't where the magic is. The magic is inside your friend. If they are ignoring it or denying it they won't feel it. It comes from within. You can't force that externally.
    Quote Originally Posted by KISSman View Post
    As magical as the parks are to some of us, the magic really starts from within. Unfortunately, not everyone is receptive to the 'magic' and we are unable to transfer our feelings about the parks to someone else.
    Quote Originally Posted by Goover View Post
    Honestly, in my experience, if they don't feel the magic the first time, they never will.
    Exactly right.

One of the things about loving the magic of Disneyland is that you may have special people in your life with whom you can't share the magic... because they don't feel it.

I've had that happen with many friends and S.O.'s over many years. And no matter what I've tried, it turns out that the three posts above are right.

Last edited by Mr Wiggins; 09-10-2009 at 08:02 PM.
    "With the acquisition of Marvel and now of Lucasfilm,
    Disney may have finally found the grail. You don't need
    imagination or art. All you need is a brand."

- Neil Gabler

• Minion

Find out what it is that they really like: Live music? Thrill rides? Shopping? Art and design? Food? Fantasy and cartoon characters? Landscaping? Fireworks? Dancing? Or some combination of those? When you have found out what they are really into, plan your trip to emphasize that. Disneyland is multi-faceted and kind of a generalized entertainment complex, that has something, somewhere, to appeal to almost everyone. The trick is to customize the visit to what they like. If they are really only interested in shopping and fashion, don't make them go on Space Mountain. If they only like thrill rides and fireworks, don't make them sit through a parade or walk through Minnie's house. Spend some time now figuring out what that person really enjoys. I don't think you really "feel the magic" until the end of the day and you look back on your experience of that day.

• Cunning infiltrator

You can create your own Disneyland magic. For others who don't have that feeling, well they can't. I won't force them.

The experience is from yourself.

For all your Furry/Anthro needs!
    http://www.second-ed.com/

Highly recommended Furry/Anthro list:
    http://belfrycomics.net/
    http://furaffinity.net/

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast