Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Re: THE 2009 Half Marathon Trip Report, etc.

Wow, GREAT Trip Report. One of the few that kept me reading through the entire thing. Loved the pictures and hilarious captions. You bring out some great details. Hope you had fun in SoCal!

• Boat shoes all day long

Quote Originally Posted by Dan - Tasmic! View Post
    Excellent night shots, yo uare one skilled photographer!!
    Dan, greatly appreciate the comments there partner! I was very careful to be kind to your CM counterparts directing traffic in the Fantasmic regions. It's a tough job, somebody's got to do it!
    Ah, how strange! The molecules are so active now!

Quote Originally Posted by RocknGuitar View Post
    Wow, GREAT Trip Report. One of the few that kept me reading through the entire thing. Loved the pictures and hilarious captions. You bring out some great details. Hope you had fun in SoCal!
    Rockn, thank you friend, I'm glad you enjoyed it! There is a little more to come, an encore of sorts, but thanks on the comments. I don't know if they make very much sense, I just kind of say whatever I think of at the moment or when they were taken?!

• Banned User

Disneyland, I Go So Much Might As Well Live There!
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by BoygunaSurf View Post
    Dan, greatly appreciate the comments there partner! I was very careful to be kind to your CM counterparts directing traffic in the Fantasmic regions. It's a tough job, somebody's got to do it!
    On behalf of all the Fantasmic! Bumblebees: We Thank You!!

Re: Next!

thanks for posting, great trip report.

Do you know what this is a picture of?
    I have no idea what this is. I'm guessing somewhere in Tomorrowland just because of the color of the wall behind. I was thinking the Finding Nemo area, but I don't recall anything like this in the boarding area.

•   
    • Kerplookee

Thanks for the pics and Congrats on the race....that is a smokin time

I thought Disney and the Cub Scouts had a falling out while turning into the Angels parking lots but was pleasantly surprised after entering the stadium. Another great race and I shaved 7 minutes off last years time.
    Quote Originally Posted by Grumpee View Post
    I only care for Disney bling!

• Not like Crocodile Dundee

Adelaide, South Australia (8199 miles from DL)
    Blog Entries

Epic report! Loved it!
    I'll be there in a couple of days. My 15 hour plane ride awaits.

ミッキーネット (Mickey Net) is this: mickeynet.com
    Some kind of Disney Japan travel club maybe? I don't speak or read Japanese so I don't know for sure but they look like a travel agent once I hit Google Translate.
    Disney FAQ#275: What is DCA?
    DCA stands for Disney Construction Area. All the Cast Members are themed with hard hats and steel toed boots.

I dare say, that was the best trip report I ever read!

• Minion

Great pics! I enjoyed reading your comments and looking at the great photos! Looking forward to seeing more! Congrats as well on your running time - Keep up the great training and photo-taking!
    Joe

Okay, last one before the half marathon stuff. I really like this shot because, like some of ZTicket's famous photos, it doesn't include many guests and accompanied jibber jabber. Just a simple evening shot of Toad's place.

Number 450, ballin!

It is kind of turning into a tradition to get photos with these guys. Private, they said, get into your uniform and get in line!

Quick post at the big board. I was a little nervous, but could hardly tell you what I was thinking. I was so wrapped up in the moment, it was like the race was decided before it ever started.

A close view of this guy

I wasn't sore, this was just to get out some of the nerves.

I would like to say, very little about the fanfare this year was better than other years, but these massages were great! I hope you all had a chance to get in on them.

Okay, a little X-rated, I know, but you are looking at a guy that is about to blow away not only his previous best time, but his goal time as well. Look at that face. That is face that has no idea that in about 2 days he will be coming down with one of the nastiest viruses he has ever had.

Beyond the barricade...10 minutes and counting

Wheelchair athletes getting ready to go, FYI, these guys raced through the course in times of :46 minutes and :58 minutes. That's lightning quick!

Ready go!

It's hard to tell here, but Goofy came rolling up shotgun in the beautiful Monorail Red to see us off

*You will not see any photos of the route from me, as I wasn't able to carry a camera for this race. I do plan on purchasing some of the professional photos taken, and thus will post those on this thread as soon as I have the digital copies.

My lovely fiance is responsible for taking many of these race photos. She got a great vantage point here at the finish line and didn't need to pay for the 100+ dollar VIP package. Here is a look at the line right before the first place guy came through.

And here he is, JAEYUNG HYUNG, about to cross the line in a 1:10.44, a 5:23/mile pace. This picture is blurry, and the camera was in "action/sport" mode. This tells you how fast he was going

The winner takes time to photograph with the characters. Do you think their fur got sweaty?

And here comes Minnie. He was dressed similar last year, you may have seen him this year in the 5K as Tink as well. Big stud and big smiles, this guy has a ball!

There is BoygunaSurf from the back, cruising in at 1:32.33 final time. 7:01/mile pace. Next time gadget, next time! It was a great race, lots of fun, lots of support. I would like to thank the redhead that kept me on pace from mile 7 to mile 9 and the other two guys that raced along side me for 99% of the race.

I have heard people complain on various running sites about this event. You hear that the Expo was poorly organized, there weren't many characters on the course, that the running route was not conducive of fast times, and that the medal was too gaudy.

Here is my response. Yes, the goody bags were weak. Let's get on that for next time. Yes, there needs to be more characters, especially in the 5K. The expo was a pretty big mess compared to previous years, so that also needs to be addressed. But as for the "speed" of the course, please. I have been swimming competitive me whole life and have heard over and over about "fast" pools. The bottom line is, you either run fast (for yourself), or you run slow. It is you alone that can decide your speed, not the course. It turns out that the people who complained about this aspect left their full names on the comment. I looked up their times and out of the 6 course complainers, 2 didn't finish the race, 2 finished in over the allotted amount of time, and 1 "ran" a 3:51. Give me a break, the course isn't "fast" enough? What would have made the difference, if the pavement was an escalator? Go back to the airport.

And as for the medal, it was awesome! And don't you want it to be gaudy? Yes!

• Don't mess with the duck!

Very entertaining report with some truly awesome pics! Congrats on the engagement!

Very kind of all of you! I have some more photos to put up today...some are of some backstage stuff so stay posted!

Quote Originally Posted by Zticket View Post
    I have the same problem with the fuzzy animals insisting on taking photos with me. Where do these things come from? I love the Matterhorn and the night shot of Mr. Toad's.
    And what's this BoyGuna Surf Club?
    Zticket:

Boyguna Surf Club is a group of surfers that represent the Boyguna Surf Shop. We are still too small to sponsor anyone, but we'll get there soon! Let me know if you want a t-shirt!

• Minion

I also especially liked the Toad pic as well as the Splash Mountain shots. I loved all the pics.

Congrats on the race and the engagement!
    Joe
    Zticket:

Boyguna Surf Club is a group of surfers that represent the Boyguna Surf Shop. We are still too small to sponsor anyone, but we'll get there soon! Let me know if you want a t-shirt!

Here a couple more photos, I will also be posting my video of Mr. Murphy:

This is the clock-in, clock-out panel. I think there is also a Walt-dethaw on here, but you will have to look close...

Small sign posted next to the clocking station

A reminder to all that there are grave consequences for coming to work acting like you work at a place like Knotts or Universal

Hey folks, this is my video of Murph. Pretty impressive. You may hear a small whoop from me when things get hot, it was just really exciting!

This is just shot with one of those hand-crank cameras so bare with me on the quality...

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Eaeody4UQRE]YouTube - Fantasmic Dragon Explodes!...onto the scene[/ame]

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast