Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345

• With The Brain Of A Bird

Re: THE 2009 Half Marathon Trip Report, etc.

BoygunaSurf, you're a stronger soul than I staying up late before a long run. I sort of lost that kind of energy when I hit 40.

I don't have an avatar but since I know what you look like, it seems only fair that you see what I look like. Maybe next year we'll recognize each other and I promise this time I'll say hello. Go to the ASI website (Action Sports International - Disneyland Half Marathon) and type in my bib number - 67. The photographer got some pretty good shots of us. Till then, keep on runnin'.

• Boat shoes all day long

Sorry for the delay, folks! I had mentioned that I would be posting some photos and tidbits of information regarding the rigorous training that takes place prior to running a road race. Unfortunately, I do not have any photographs of said training. What I do have, are photos of activities I did leading up to this years race that I am 100-percent sure aided in my 18-minute time drop.

There are so many more where all these came from, but I doubt you want to see all those; let this be a sample:

Hanging out with Jeremy Bulloch, aka Boba Fett from the Star Wars films. This was essential as he exuded hoards of positive vibes.

This speaks for itself.

Padfooting around the WD family museum was good exercise "and a chance to use our skills" - Beauty and the Beast

Rollin on dubs at the horse track

Copyright infringement at the Alameda County Fair. There is no way Pixar provided permission for these clowns to use these pictures.

Another good form of physical activity was hopping on one of Michael Jackson's former Neverland rides. Not a TON of fun, but it was okay.

This is what the ride looked like - the motion was up and down and in circles. Kind of like little Michael's life in a way.

How safe would you feel sitting in a tiny roller coaster car and looking at the controls. I think one of the mechanical levers is being held to "on" with tape.

Went to a Kenny Chesney concert at AT&T Park. Our similar profiles. Just kidding. This helped me in the race because a number of my iPod playlist selections were performed at this show.

My boy Mark and I gasping for air as we ascended the stairs to Coit Tower in SF.

Land Rovin'

Ah hah! Mr. Toad has a new gig. I figured with the economy and all - that would be one guy that would stay afloat.

Ahh and the beach. Surfing was definitely a savior at times. A great way to work on your core and have a good old time.

You've seen this, but a smaller version.

Quiver for the day. For those of you not familiar with board riding, a quiver is your selection of surfboards.

And there he is ladies and gentlemen! BoygunaSurf is not just a user name!

Getting ready to jet out. High tide at Cowell's means SUP boards and that's it.

Taking another dip. If anything, surfing in Norcal gives you a great head, hand and foot tan.

Staying up until 5:00 AM in Vegas for three days is a good way to build your endurance.

The boys.

Jimmy Buffett stopped by our town so we cruised over for a concert on the lawn. Best. Show. Ever. We were on our feet the whole time, which promotes quadricep strength as long as you don't lock your knees.

MORE TO FOLLOW!
    "Let's get weird" -Abraham Lincoln

Good for forearm strength. I love the vibraaaaaations!

You would be surprised by how much energy you DON'T need when on a sailboat. This is near a small cove at Angel Island in the San Fran Bay.

Oh no he didn't! Yes, at times, BoygunaSurf is known to crush a few of these. This was actually the opposite of training for a race.

Brass Knuckle wrench. Multiple functions for firefighting.

There ya see it!

Many of you may not know Diamond Dave. But he is a singing machine here in the Bay. He can sing anything from Fergie, to Sinatra, to Nelly. Make it to Petar's in Lafayette and you are in for a good time!

Walking around Sonoma looking for cool trinkets is another way to keep active. Take these chairs for instance, I insist! -Dangerfield.

I peddled this bike around town with Monica in the back reading tabloid magazines. A crazy "hillperson" jumped out of a bush and knocked the wheel off and stole all the magazines, which was somewhat bizarre.

Yes sir, ride vehicles for sale. If any of you know old fashioned roller coasters and could tell us more about these, that would be great!

Rocket Mountain, right?!

Believe it or not, that plant is made entirely of cups, or...wait. No, turn it around! That cup is made entirely of plants.

Art galleries are a great way to get your back in shape. You stand around and look at things in the straightest pose possible. It exudes an hora of intellectual prowess.

For the antioxidants.

This is the beer pong table located at BoygunaSurf's abode. If you are ever in the vicinity, let me know and we will show you how it's done!

The ZTicket and I, ballin it up.

Finally, I think the roof top VIP section at Pure on top of Caesar's Palace is a good place to relax before a big race. Bottle service and huge bouncers kept things legit.

Thanks friends! See you all again soon!
    Last edited by BoygunaSurf; 10-03-2009 at 03:27 PM.

Speaking of Trip Reports and Half Marathons, who is running this thing next year?

I've already signed up for next year's half marathon along with my husband and son. I finished this year in 2:19--two minutes slower than last year, but I did have to make a porta-potty pit stop in the Anaheim Stadium parking lot. Stupid coffee. I'm hoping next year to be placed in a better corral, as I spent a LOT of time and energy weaving through many walkers.

Smile Re: THE 2009 Half Marathon Trip Report, etc.

BoygunaSurf Thank you for the trip report! I love it! Great photos. It's cool to see something from a different perspective, we did not have fun this past May at DL. I am a WDW boy and LOVE that there are people who had fun at DL. And congrats BTW! Thanks again for sharing!

• jeffrey

What an awesome report. I might just try to run the marathon next year!

Under an Umbrella in Portland! Just a short 2 hour flight from Anaheim

I am all in for next year. Doin the 5K as well since I missed it this year. They should make it our own little goofy challenge. Do the 5K followed by the half!

Lookin forward to getting my coast to coast next year! (if I survive the 26.2 miles of "magic" at WDW in January!)
    Glory, Glory Man United! And the Reds go marching on! On!! ON!!!

I survived my first Marathon. Got my Mickey at WDW after 6:22:08 of "fun" on the course. Not happy with the time, so I will go back and be getting Goofy next year!

Great pics, and Congrats on your engagement! You captions under the pics cracked me up!! Great report!!
    A Very Merry Un-Birthday To You!

• De la Terre la Luke

Great TR!

Thanks for all the great comments, friends!

richboi117: there are a ton of bay area people running this race, get in on it!

renthead09: good luck on the quest my friend, that is a feat for sure!

I would really like to do the race next summer, but am getting married in October so hopefully there will be time to pop down there for a day or two. I don't know about the rest of you, but I am doing a bunch of other races this year - we should start a thread on a misc. area of mice chat about races and training etc. Always good to promote healthy lifestyles!

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345