Page 49 of 49 FirstFirst ... 243946474849

•   
    • Who Gave Rob an Avatar?

Re: Iger: No plans to bring ‘Captain EO’ back to Disneyland

Perhaps after a run of EO they could show a Roman Polanski film to stay in theme.
    Quote Originally Posted by SummerInFL View Post
    Jesus, even I wouldn't eat that.

Quote Originally Posted by Wanda Woman View Post
    Turtle, the dorks are going to take upskirt robot pics.

• Future Animator

Quote Originally Posted by BoogaFrito View Post
    Exactly. Michael would have hated people wanting to see him in Disneyland again.
    Really? How do you figure?

• "I Break Things"

Quote Originally Posted by Eternal Disney View Post
    On a side note, "This Is It" premiere movie tickets sold out within 2 hours. Lines were reportedly huge! If you guys were to argue that bringing back Captain EO to Disneyland is a bad idea because it would bring in TOO MANY fans, then I can believe that. But to say it probably won't bring in that many, that I cannot believe.
    I wasn't going to bring it up but might as well... now that we KNOW people will line up for MJ's concert... in hindsight would EO fans be standing with them if it was publicly released that the 17 minute EO show would be attached to it? Would more MJ fans, those who can't afford national or international travel, have a better chance of seeing EO along with this movie concert on a big screen? Would certain theaters go "all out" and put in their own lasers and smoke effets to enhance the overall movie?

More importantly would Disney shareholders be more accepting of a smaller piece of a much larger pie if they knew their company's image was isolated from potential backlash? And if that smaller piece equated into larger profits then the entire park sales for 9 months do you think they would cry over not showing it in the park?

The real tragedy here is that Disney didn't want to share EO with the world. Instead they wanted to force the world to come to Southern California just to see EO. Sure those tourists will see other things too but isn't EO the whole point for either planning an extra trip or bumping up an exsisting one? Now everything hinges on public reaction to a little park in Anaheim... instead of releasing it to theaters and sparing Disneyland of any potential backlash.

As to the other comments about MJ's personal life. Within minutes... MINUTES... of his death news stations released previously run footage of the molestation case, the baby balcony incident, and the pharmacy litiguation. Sure they aired his achievements, but they were balanced with those mistakes as well. I would venture to say that the whole reason Iger is "on the fence" is because of the "bad press".
    "Happiness is a Low Water Level"

"Creating magical memories and making Managers cry since 1955!"

• Minion

well if he releases it in jan..theres potential back lash..but if they wait any longer then that..the iron wont be as hot to strike.. and at this point.. isnt it a case of to little to late?the only other viable option would be to capitalize on it on the anniversary of his death..actually that may be a better idea.let the current situation be laid to rest and maybe the public would be more exepting then..and the misdeads wont be so fresh in the general publics mind?
    Last edited by sunrider; 09-28-2009 at 08:45 PM.

• "I Break Things"

Quote Originally Posted by mousechild View Post
    Perhaps after a run of EO they could show a Roman Polanski film to stay in theme.
    Polanski needs to have his conviction overturned and be cleared of all charges first.

• Making my own Mousekteers

Quote Originally Posted by techskip View Post
    Polanski needs to have his conviction overturned and be cleared of all charges first.

Well, he probably will since the judge was guilty of judicial misconduct and went back on the plea agreement after Polanski had already gone to psychologists and fulfilled all the conditions that the prosecuting attorney had outlined. And the victim has publicly said that she has forgiven him for it and that all she wants is for the charges to be dropped and for everyone to stop the lawsuits. The judge went nuts and decided to go after Polanski even though the court appointed psychologist said he'd had a mental break following the murder of his wife and baby. And it turned out years later that the judge in the case was actually a pedophile. That's justice in America for you.

I raise my Kitties right.... they only watch the finest shows.

• "I Break Things"

I can't "speak for" mousechild but my post was made in sarcasm

• Making my own Mousekteers

Quote Originally Posted by techskip View Post
    I can't "speak for" mousechild but my post was made in sarcasm
    Sorry, I should have taken the tone of this thread into consideration and not answered literally.

I raise my Kitties right.... they only watch the finest shows.

• "I Break Things"

Quote Originally Posted by Queentitania19 View Post
    Sorry, I should have taken the tone of this thread into consideration and not answered literally.
    No need for apologies I was just trying to prevent the thread from being boxed or heating up any additional issues... I should have used one of the smiley faces to convey my sarcasm as well.

Page 49 of 49 FirstFirst ... 243946474849