Page 1 of 49 12341126 ... LastLast

Exclamation Iger: No plans to bring ‘Captain EO’ back to Disneyland

• Closed Account

Re: Iger: No plans to bring ‘Captain EO’ back to Disneyland

Quote Originally Posted by The Shadoe View Post
    Well, let's hope so. But he did say they were looking into it...

• I'm not really here

And according to Al he said this because Burbank is ticked that their plans leaked before any official announcement could be made. So he may just be playing coy. They did screen it for execs last week in the HISTA theater.

Our revels now are ended. These our actors, As I foretold you, were all spirits and Are melted into air, into thin air: And, like the baseless fabric of this vision, The cloud-capp'd towers, the gorgeous palaces, The solemn temples, the great globe itself, Yea, all which it inherit, shall dissolve And, like this insubstantial pageant faded, Leave not a rack behind. We are such stuff As dreams are made on, and our little life Is rounded with a sleep. mycroft16 on Twitter

Well, yeah, it is interesting that he doesn't shut the door completely on the idea. But, it just seems like it would be in incredibly poor taste on Disney's part to return this movie to the park. It's something that would only truly appeal to a small group of Disney fanboys, not Disney's wide audience. It would be akin to rebuilding Adventures Through Inner Space or Astuter Computer Revue.

Al could be right. Al could be wrong. What I can say is that having worked for several major corporations, I can't see Iger making an announcement akin to this one because he was "furious" that news was leaked sooner than he had hoped.

People's hopes are up because they are tired of HISTA. My personal guess is that HISTA will stick around until EPCOT's Imagination pavilion is overhauled.
    Last edited by The Shadoe; 09-11-2009 at 11:04 AM.

• Collision speed....FULL!

Was that the "official announcement"? I'm waiting for that before I can either cheer or boo the decision.

• Bring Your Own Redemption

"You lie!"
    Finish each day and be done with it. You have done what you could. Some blunders and absurdities no doubt crept in; forget them as soon as you can. Tomorrow is a new day; begin it well and serenely and with too high a spirit to be encumbered with your old nonsense.

~Ralph Waldo Emerson

• Minion

Well, yeah, it is interesting that he doesn't shut the door completely on the idea. But, it just seems like it would be in incredibly poor taste on Disney's part to return this movie to the park. It's something that would only truly appeal to a small group of Disney fanboys, not Disney's wide audience. It would be akin to rebuilding Adventures Through Inner Space or Astuter Computer Revue.

Al could be right. Al could be wrong. What I can say is that having worked for several major corporations, I can't see Iger making an announcement akin to this one because he was "furious" that news was leaked sooner than he had hoped.

People's hopes are up because they are tired of HISTA. My personal guess is that HISTA will stick around until EPCOT's Imagination pavilion is overhauled.
    "Poor taste"? Why?

• Hello again!

But, it just seems like it would be in incredibly poor taste on Disney's part to return this movie to the park. It's something that would only truly appeal to a small group of Disney fanboys, not Disney's wide audience.
    Well the small group of Disney fanboys, and the tiny segment of the population that are Francis Ford Coppola, Michael Jackson or Star Wars fans...

• Collision speed....FULL!

Quote Originally Posted by »PW View Post
    "You lie!"

• Kawasaki Kreep

Quote Originally Posted by BrodyDanger View Post
    "Poor taste"? Why?
    Well the attraction is dead, no pun intended.

Lot's of people would see this as a tribute but I think it's a little late for that. A far more fitting tribute is the low key display of the EO items at D23.

I have no desire to see this dated film return. The whole idea feels like a ploy to make a quick buck, not to mention I see it as major step backwards. I want something new and exciting in that theater or just just please rip it out and use the space for a new attraction.

If you really want to see EO again just watch it on YouTube.
    Quote Originally Posted by Captain_Jenny1987 View Post
    Oh dear sweet zombie jesus on a stick no.

• C4C6C

It's something that would only truly appeal to a small group of Disney fanboys, not Disney's wide audience. It would be akin to rebuilding Adventures Through Inner Space or Astuter Computer Revue.
    Yes. Just like Country Bear Jamboree.

• Future Cast Member

Thank goodness! I hope this is true. Michael Jackson is just innapropriate. The things he's done, or at least been accused for, and just cause hes famous he gets away with things in the court is sad. Plus, he's afraid to be himself, so much he changed his skin color and everything. Nothing about him belongs in a disney park. Just because hes dead doesnt make him a saint.

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by »PW View Post
    "You lie!"

• Kawasaki Kreep

Quote Originally Posted by TacAlert View Post
    Yes. Just like Country Bear Jamboree.
    Again, bringing this back would feel like a step backwards for me. Tear out Poo and put something truely new and great in it's place.

Quote Originally Posted by ♥disney.princess♥ View Post
    Thank goodness! I hope this is true. Michael Jackson is just innapropriate. The things he's done, or at least been accused for, and just cause hes famous he gets away with things in the court is sad. Plus, he's afraid to be himself, so much he changed his skin color and everything. Nothing about him belongs in a disney park. Just because hes dead doesnt make him a saint.
    I don't think he's a saint, but I do respect the music he made. Songs like "Beat It" and "Billy Jean" were the sound track to my childhood, a very happy time for me.

Extreme wealth and fame do funny things to people. Suddenly your treated as a god and are supposed to be adored by everybody but at the same time knowing who your true friends are and who is just riding your coat-tales would probably eat you up inside.

Also, just imagine for a minute that all your desires came true but everybody, and I mean everybody, wanted to know everything about you. You'd probably start acting pretty weird too.
    Quote Originally Posted by Captain_Jenny1987 View Post
    Oh dear sweet zombie jesus on a stick no.

• DCA FTW!

Per Disneyland news ticker. "Disney CEO Bob Iger confirms execs are "looking at" bringing back Captain EO to Disneyland." That was after his press conference too. The amount of MJ fans and EO fans is great enough for them to install a temp version last week so don't be to surprised when captain eo comes back early next year.
    Everybody's got a laughin' place-
    trouble is most folks won't take the time to go look for it.

Page 1 of 49 12341126 ... LastLast