Tron Light Cycles = Peoplemover 2.0

What does everyone think of having Tron light cycle trains racing around the peoplemover track. You could use a Vekoma Booster Bike coaster track mounted just above existing peoplemover track. With vekoma booster bike trains outfitted as light cycles.These coasters typically use LIM to be propelled not a traditional lift hill. You could have LIM's placed throughout the track to increase speed. Plus if track is placed above peoplemover track you could bank the turns to keep the thrill of the ride without slowing down( obvious retrofitting of support coulms would need to take place). In the tunnels you could use Projections and lighting effects from Tron since space in these areas is very limited.(imagine opposing light cycles projected digitally on screen racing and battling you throughout the course of the ride.).

Vekoma Motorbikes in action

Tron Light Cycles

• Kawasaki Kreep

Re: Tron Light Cycles = Peoplemover 2.0

This has been discussed as a very likely replacement for RR if the new movie succeeds and budget willing.
    Quote Originally Posted by Captain_Jenny1987 View Post
    Oh dear sweet zombie jesus on a stick no.

My question is would Disney feel its a risk for those guests who might let go rather then hold on because they feel they might fall. I like the ride concept, but another question would be wouldn't you run into the speed factor that Rocket Rods fell into, having to slow up and speed down over and over? It would mean IMO a complete track redesign.
    DL Trips: '86, '87, '88, '89, '91, '92, '93, '94, '95, '96, '97, '98, '99, '00, '01, '02, '03, '04, '05, '06, '07, '08, '09, '10, '11, '12, '13...

• Banned User

I don't think the Peoplemover track is structurally stable as-is, so I bet no matter what, it'll be demolished and rebuilt.

The idea to use the booster bike coaster with a TRON theme has been mentioned on here multiple times before (even I've pitched it)... and I really hope that it's more than just a blue-sky rumor.

• Future Cast Member

Um.... what is Tron?

• We Want The Redhead

Quote Originally Posted by ♥disney.princess♥ View Post
    Um.... what is Tron?

Two less than tree...
    First Visit at the age of 12, July 17, 1968.
    First Ride, The Disneyland and Santa Fe Railroad.
    BRING BACK THE PEOPLE MOVER!

• Future Cast Member

Quote Originally Posted by ttrocc7007 View Post
    Two less than tree...
    huh?

• Kawasaki Kreep

Quote Originally Posted by ttrocc7007 View Post
    Two less than tree...

• Kawasaki Kreep

Quote Originally Posted by ♥disney.princess♥ View Post
    Um.... what is Tron?
    Tron

Tron Legacy

• Future Cast Member

Thank you. I have heard about the upcoming Tron Legacy, but didn't know what Tron was.

• Artistic integrity

Quote Originally Posted by stitchon View Post
    I don't think the Peoplemover track is structurally stable as-is, so I bet no matter what, it'll be demolished and rebuilt.
    Most of us know the stories of what the Rocket Rods vehicles did .. by adding stress to what formally handled a ride less than 10mph. So .. a total rebuild of all 4,000 feet of track in favor of the Tron Lightcycles would be necessary.

But if TL receives a "Tron Legacy" attraction ... I'm hoping it will be in the form of a dark ride .. and leave the Peoplemover track to another leisurely, FAMILY-friendly ride .. and relax to a nice 15 minute joy ride above Tomorrowland attraction rooftops.

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by Tomorrowland_1967 View Post
    Most of us know the stories of what the Rocket Rods vehicles did .. by adding stress to what formally handled a ride less than 10mph. So .. a total rebuild of all 4,000 feet of track in favor of the Tron Lightcycles would be necessary.

But if TL receives a "Tron Legacy" attraction ... I'm hoping it will be in the form of a dark ride .. and leave the Peoplemover track to another leisurely, FAMILY-friendly ride .. and relax to a nice 15 minute joy ride above Tomorrowland attraction rooftops.
    Just got out of the Tron Legacy presentation at D23. WOW. it gave me hope again for Tomorrowland. NOT that i believe every concept has to come from a movie, but this next Tron looks SO next level, it could be an idea generator at the very least.

As ive mentioned before, hte PM tracks are not likely to get a new attraction soon due to safety evacuation issues, but i like the scope of Tron light cycles whizzing through the whole land, they'd need that much space to get a decent effect going.

• Hillbilly Philosopher

Anyone remember this? I was not able to find the Tron version, but it it did happen. the People Mover was one ride that was usually a walk on and you got great previews of TL. However the problem is with such a long track it is hard to monitor the idiots who try getting out of the ride vehicles.

I agree 100% that it would be a blast to zip through TomorrowLand on a proper roller coaster track - but I sadly understand that its just not going to happen.

~JBodine

• Collision speed....FULL!

Quote Originally Posted by rocketrod16 View Post
    What does everyone think of having Tron light cycle trains racing around the peoplemover track. You could use a Vekoma Booster Bike coaster track mounted just above existing peoplemover track. With vekoma booster bike trains outfitted as light cycles.These coasters typically use LIM to be propelled not a traditional lift hill. You could have LIM's placed throughout the track to increase speed. Plus if track is placed above peoplemover track you could bank the turns to keep the thrill of the ride without slowing down( obvious retrofitting of support coulms would need to take place). In the tunnels you could use Projections and lighting effects from Tron since space in these areas is very limited.(imagine opposing light cycles projected digitally on screen racing and battling you throughout the course of the ride.).
    You and Tony Baxter think alike. If he gets his way, you might be seeing something like this in TL...