Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 23
  1. #1

    • the subs were cool maan
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    397

    Redd Rocket's Mission to Mars

    Does anybody know if the circular theaters are still in place at the Red Rockets Pizza Port? Or did they demolish them to put in that resteraunt?

  2. #2

    • Senior Member
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Washington
    Posts
    2,889
    Quote Originally Posted by mp3piratesavvy
    Does anybody know if the circular theaters are still in place at the Red Rockets Pizza Port? Or did they demolish them to put in that resteraunt?
    sadly I think they were demolished :\

    this is why I dislike Rocket Reds the most

    if we'd gotten Alien Encounter at least we would've gotten some nifty effects added and the theators and everything would've been kept intact

  3. #3

    • Tour Ready
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Southern California
    Posts
    243
    The theaters are gone...One is now the Main Dining room... The other was where the serving/kitchen area is... The restaurant was going to be much more detailed with vintage TLand vehicles and pieces around it including the front car of the old monorail. The large circular ring over the dining area symbolicly represents the circular room that once existed in that spot.

  4. #4

    • Banned User
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    Scottsdale
    Posts
    1,063
    Quote Originally Posted by Jspider
    if we'd gotten Alien Encounter at least we would've gotten some nifty effects added and the theators and everything would've been kept intact
    And an unpopular show with a big operation and maintenance budget that runs at low capacity, in desperate need of a makeover... and the WDW version seemed to get no more popular, even with its recent makeover.

    Disneyland doesn't need "attractions" that suck money from the budget, need redone every 5-10 years, and don't add any real capacity because hardly anyone visits them.

    Too much has been done to try to "reuse" old facilities in Tomorrowland... It is time for bull dozers to come in and make way for new construction rather than continuing to try to reuse existing facilities.

  5. #5

    • Senior Member
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Washington
    Posts
    2,889
    Quote Originally Posted by dshimel
    And an unpopular show with a big operation and maintenance budget that runs at low capacity, in desperate need of a makeover... and the WDW version seemed to get no more popular, even with its recent makeover.

    Disneyland doesn't need "attractions" that suck money from the budget, need redone every 5-10 years, and don't add any real capacity because hardly anyone visits them.

    Too much has been done to try to "reuse" old facilities in Tomorrowland... It is time for bull dozers to come in and make way for new construction rather than continuing to try to reuse existing facilities.
    I heard that AE's problems were mostly in the fact that it scared young children and got people complaining about it

    and yes if they needed to they could have gutted teh building and tried for something else, Teleportation is still an interesting theme even if it wasn't executed right

    my main dissapointment is that they literaly gutted an attraction and replaced it witha resturant (of all the talk of Pressler doing this Rocket Reds shows it litteraly)

    Disney should've just left the Lunching Pad open, of course it's now empty after Radio Disney flopped

  6. #6

    • Banned User
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    Scottsdale
    Posts
    1,063
    Quote Originally Posted by Jspider
    I heard that AE's problems were mostly in the fact that it scared young children and got people complaining about it
    Scaring young children was a big part of it... The other part was that it wasn't good enough for the adults... so like Rocket Jets, has no real target audience.

    They sit you in this seat... Then lock you in with an over the shoulder restraint. Then the show starts... The lights go out. The monster is loose.... Loud sound effects... vibro noise effects like those that made it feel like you are getting your hair cut in Mr. Lincoln. restraint bounces down against your shoulders, repeatedly squishing you into the chair... Lights come back on and it's over.

    Scary for kids, uncomfortable for people that dislike the dark, uncomfortable for people that don't like being trapped in a seat.... Just "engh, I guess it is okay" for most of the rest.


    The problem with Disneyland remains the lack of walkway space to move everyone around. Just adding more rides won't increase the park's capacity.

    Well, the problem is made worse by the lack of attractions in Tomorrowland right now. Hopefully that can be corrected with Buzz, Space, and subs. If those 3 attractions are hits, then another show for Red Rockets would not help long term....

    I'm still holding out hope that the law suit will be setteld and we'll get Mission:Space in place of Innoventions.

  7. #7

    • Senior Member
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Washington
    Posts
    2,889
    I dunno, I've heard lots of teens liked the ride, and several adults also enjoyed it

    I think it depends on your taste

    I've heard stitch is far less successfull as it removes more of the audience from liking it rather then windening the ride's appeal


    anywho I do think that actualy Disneylands capacity could be raised up a bit higher then what it is now, the crowding tends to happen more around the Rivers of America then in Tomorrowland (probably because of that dead end they have in Critter Country)

    I think if the new attractions are hits we will see maybe the peoplemover return

    I do doubt the return of Rocket Reds as an attraction but it WOULD be nice, I also understand that restruant dooesn't have bathroom facilities, this is were I think it would've been wiser to use the Starcade as resturant space

    Rocket Reds would be a bit redeamable if they added more atmospheric touches or maybe some animatronic entertainment

  8. #8

    • Banned User
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Within 78 miles of WDW...
    Posts
    8,864
    Mission Space would't be going into DL... Now enough room for 4 centrifuges and a huge empty queue.. (thanks to the efficient ride system and billions of warnings..) I would love to see the ride built.. mabey DCA.... Their is a Nasa Training center/Research center there right?? It would work.... (just jazz up the ride to be unique to california... like hmm.... a lift off and landing training cenario rather than a practice trip to mars....

  9. #9

    • Senior Member
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Washington
    Posts
    2,889
    Quote Originally Posted by figment1986
    Mission Space would't be going into DL... Now enough room for 4 centrifuges and a huge empty queue.. (thanks to the efficient ride system and billions of warnings..) I would love to see the ride built.. mabey DCA.... Their is a Nasa Training center/Research center there right?? It would work.... (just jazz up the ride to be unique to california... like hmm.... a lift off and landing training cenario rather than a practice trip to mars....
    actualy there were plans for puting it were Innoventions is before the lawsuit thing was kicked up

    you have to remeber that Innoventions is about the same size as Space Mountain in DLR

    I really dislike the idea of Mission Space in DCA, it just wouldn't fit in thematicaly if you ask me. yes I've heard the arguement that space is connected with california but lets face it everyone thinks of the shuttles as liftoff and that's something that happens in florida not california

    if they were going to put mission space in DCA retheme it to look totaly different and be about Spaceship 1 or something

  10. #10

    • Member
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    Phoenix, AZ
    Posts
    409
    Quote Originally Posted by figment1986
    (just jazz up the ride to be unique to california...)
    Like, add an avocado? That's how they make things "Californian" in the restaurant biz...
    "Conservatives are not necessarily stupid, but most stupid people are conservative." - John Stuart Mill
    -
    "We cannot defend freedom abroad by deserting it at home." - Edward R. Murrow
    -
    "It's far easier to fight for your principles than it is to live up to them." - Adelai Stephenson
    -
    Reason for the Season? Tilt of the planet's axis. Oh, you meant the holiday season? That's easy - Feast of Saturnalia. Disagree? That's nice.

  11. #11

    • Banned User
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Within 78 miles of WDW...
    Posts
    8,864
    But if you put it into the COPbuilding.. You would loose COP building... The ride would destroy it.... I would favor an original building for it....

  12. #12

    • the subs were cool maan
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    397
    THey should put red rockets in the INNOVENTIONS building, and have some ride vehicles to boot. Have them revolving around, like have a couple of skyway buckets going back and forth, have the old Rocket Jets going around each table, have part of an old monorail go by simuntaneously. And for the water area outside of the building (directly underneath the INNOVENTIONS clock/sign), have it go inside: 8 yellow submarines that you can control.

  13. #13

    • I like Cheese...
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Fountain Hills, AZ
    Posts
    532
    Quote Originally Posted by Jspider
    I really dislike the idea of Mission Space in DCA, it just wouldn't fit in thematicaly if you ask me. yes I've heard the arguement that space is connected with california but lets face it everyone thinks of the shuttles as liftoff and that's something that happens in florida not california

    if they were going to put mission space in DCA retheme it to look totaly different and be about Spaceship 1 or something
    I think it could work in the condor flats area from a theme perspective. not sure where they would get the room though...

  14. #14

    • Banned User
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    Scottsdale
    Posts
    1,063
    Quote Originally Posted by figment1986
    Mission Space would't be going into DL... Now enough room for 4 centrifuges and a huge empty queue..
    According to Marcie at Mouseinfo, there was indeed plans to put Mission: Space into Tomorrowland where Innoventions now is. That was before the total cost of development rose to nearly half a billion dollars, and then the law suits. Of course, that cost estimate may just have been "leaked" to help with the law suit.

    There is still a strong possibility of the ride coming to Tomorrowland if the law suit is settled in Disney's favor.


    And, yes, that would replace Innoventions... Big whoop. The building housed 2 huge budget AA shows, neither of which lasted 15 years (CoP = 6 years (67-73) and America Sings = 14 (74-88) ). Disney is sick of redoing Tomorrowland every 10-15 years. Mission:Space is something that could be popular for many decades.

  15. #15

    • the subs were cool maan
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    397
    Quote Originally Posted by mp3piratesavvy
    THey should put red rockets in the INNOVENTIONS building, and have some ride vehicles to boot. Have them revolving around, like have a couple of skyway buckets going back and forth, have the old Rocket Jets going around each table, have part of an old monorail go by simuntaneously. And for the water area outside of the building (directly underneath the INNOVENTIONS clock/sign), have it go inside: 8 yellow submarines that you can control.
    And have a big giant "moonliner" rocket in the center. Maybe steal the one outside of Red Rockets. You would, of course eat inside retrofitted peoplemover cars and/or peoplemover themed tables. Maybe even sell Rocket Rod remote controll cars to remind people of that old ride.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. [Video] Mission to Mars and Fantasmic!
    By brian9549 in forum Disneyland Resort
    Replies: 21
    Last Post: 03-04-2009, 05:13 PM
  2. Mission to Mars
    By Barbossa in forum Disneyland Resort
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 11-15-2005, 12:15 PM
  3. Wasn't Redd Rocket's a dumb idea?
    By SanSooJustin in forum Disneyland Resort
    Replies: 43
    Last Post: 07-07-2005, 09:01 PM
  4. Mission to Mars
    By DL_CRAZE in forum MiceChat News Archive
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 05-30-2005, 11:31 AM
  5. The Return of Mission to Mars?
    By Barbossa in forum Disneyland Resort
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 02-04-2005, 03:22 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •