Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

• Best Buds

Annual Pass Question

I tried to contact Disneyland about this, but have not heard back. So, I am turning to you, the trusty crew here at MiceChat.

If I purchase an Disneyland Annual Pass, does it go from January 1 to December 31, or does it go from purchase date to one year from purchase date?

Oh, and I was going to assume it did not include Early Entry, but...well, does it?

Any assistance is greatly appreciated.
    ------------------
    DLR '84, 85, 96, 02, 05, 06x2, 07x2, 08x2, 09, 10, 11; WDW '92, 98, 00, 06, 08, 10; DLP '02; TDR '07

Hey, check out my podcast!
    http://www.comedy4cast.com

• Former CM

Re: Annual Pass Question

1 year from purchase date or first use I believe and no early entry.

• Darkbeer

Blog Entries

If you buy an AP voucher, such as online or the Disney Stores, they have a shelf life of about 3 months, but the actual date of expiration would be one year for first day of use.) (For example, you order an AP online today (10/11), but don't go to the park until November 15th. Your expiration date would be 11/15/06.

No Early Entry comes with an AP, but there is an easy way to get one Early Entry, at no extra cost.

What you do is buy a 3 day or longer ParkHopper from Disneyland.com, or other places. Just make sure you do not spend more than the cost of the AP you want buy.

During the first visit, use the ParkHopper, this way, you don't have to worry about Blockout days, and you get the Early Entry, plus the ESPN Zone game card (in 2005). On your last day of the first visit, just stop by the Bank of Main Street and upgrade to an AP, you will get full credit for the price paid for the ParkHopper, and you just pay the difference, and get your AP while you wait.
    Check out my Theme Park Photos at http://darkbeer.smugmug.com

• Best Buds

Thanks to all of you for your speedy, helpful replies! As usual, you folks are the best!

This will probably be the only time I will ever consider getting an Annual Pass, as I will be at Disneyland in November and again next August. Yea!!!

Your feedback notes (and tips) have helped a lot.
    ------------------
    DLR '84, 85, 96, 02, 05, 06x2, 07x2, 08x2, 09, 10, 11; WDW '92, 98, 00, 06, 08, 10; DLP '02; TDR '07

Hey, check out my podcast!
    http://www.comedy4cast.com

• Part of Your World

I have an AP question , too. Do you buy the AP at the gate? If I decided I wanted to go on Saturday (10/21) which is a blockout date on the AP I want to get, the Southern California $150. Does that mean I can't buy the AP and use it on that day??

• that's right!

Quote Originally Posted by EmilyStrange
    I have an AP question , too. Do you buy the AP at the gate? If I decided I wanted to go on Saturday (10/21) which is a blockout date on the AP I want to get, the Southern California $150. Does that mean I can't buy the AP and use it on that day??
    I'm almost positive you can buy any AP and use it the same day, even if that day would normally be blacked out. I'd wait for Darkbeer to weigh in, though. I bet he knows for sure.

• DLR -> WDW Cast Member

Quote Originally Posted by squinky
    I'm almost positive you can buy any AP and use it the same day, even if that day would normally be blacked out. I'd wait for Darkbeer to weigh in, though. I bet he knows for sure.
    Yah, the first day of use is exempt from the blackout rule. So if you buy a SoCal Select pass and you want your first day to be a Saturday (when they are normally blacked out), the first day is okay... but all other Saturdays afterwards will not.

Duration of your AP is one year from the first day of use. If you buy your AP online, through mail order, or through a Disney Desk (at South Coast and soon at the Grove / Fashion Island, some Good Neighbor hotels)... they basically will give you a voucher to use to get into Disneyland and then you head for the AP Processing Center. Parking is added when you get your actual card, save your parking ticket that you got that that you go to the Park and they'll knock off $10 from the parking pass upgrade price.

FYI, Disney Stores went to the "Ticket Gift Card" system as of last Friday. Basically they are rechargable plastic cards (a different style for each type of ticket media) that you charge how many tickets you want and then you take that to the Main Entrance and they'll give you your voucher there. It basically adds a step.

Only Deluxes and Premiums get a renewal discount when your year is almost up. Currently I believe it's $20.

Coke is offering a promotion for SoCal APs that you might want to look into, if you want to even get a SoCal AP (I think they kinda suck)... but the deal is good and I think it saves you $30 straight off the bat.

• Darkbeer

Blog Entries

The current Coke Coupon (on 2 liter bottles)

$20 off a SoCal AP ($129)

$10 off a SoCal Select AP ($109)

$10 off a 2 day ParkHopper ($96 for adults)

Quote Originally Posted by Darkbeer
    The current Coke Coupon (on 2 liter bottles)

$20 off a SoCal AP ($129)

$10 off a SoCal Select AP ($109)

$10 off a 2 day ParkHopper ($96 for adults)

Soooo can you use those discounts on regular old AP's???

• Darkbeer

Blog Entries

They cannot be used for Deluxe or Premium AP's, just the two SoCal's ones.

And since there isn't a renewal discount for those AP's, someone who currently has an SoCal/SoCal Select AP can use the coupon to get another AP (I don't have the coupon, but I think they expire in December.)

• Part of Your World

Thanks for your help! So now I need to find some coke bottles.

• Yeah thats right.

Question Some intense AP questions!

Hello, I have a few AP questions as well.

#1.) If I buy a socal ap with the coke coupon (total $130), and I want to upgrade my ap later to a deluxe, do I pay the difference between the standard price of the socal pass and the deluxe, or what *I* paid for the socal pass. AKA do I have to pay $80 or $100 to upgrade to the deluxe pass? (If I use the coke coupon to purchase the socal pass)

#2.) Say I buy a socal ap, and I want to upgrade it to the deluxe, and I want to go to disneyland for new year's eve. I know I read that if you buy an AP on a blockout date you can still use it on that date. If I buy the socal ap, then go to upgrade it on new years to a deluxe, will they let me in the park that day? Can you upgrade at the ticket window or just at the bank?

#3.) What kind of a discount do they offer for renewals of the deluxe/premium ap's?

Thanks for any help!

• DLR -> WDW Cast Member

Re: Some intense AP questions!

Quote Originally Posted by Joz
    Hello, I have a few AP questions as well.

#1.) If I buy a socal ap with the coke coupon (total $130), and I want to upgrade my ap later to a deluxe, do I pay the difference between the standard price of the socal pass and the deluxe, or what *I* paid for the socal pass. AKA do I have to pay $80 or $100 to upgrade to the deluxe pass? (If I use the coke coupon to purchase the socal pass)

#2.) Say I buy a socal ap, and I want to upgrade it to the deluxe, and I want to go to disneyland for new year's eve. I know I read that if you buy an AP on a blockout date you can still use it on that date. If I buy the socal ap, then go to upgrade it on new years to a deluxe, will they let me in the park that day? Can you upgrade at the ticket window or just at the bank?

#3.) What kind of a discount do they offer for renewals of the deluxe/premium ap's?

Thanks for any help!
    You pay for the upgrade based on what YOU paid for the pass. So if you paid $100 (for example), then you pay the difference between $100 and the price of your new pass.

If you upgrade, you are still blocked out the first day that you use your new upgraded pass. The blockout exemption is only good on the FIRST day you activate your pass, doesn't work on upgraded passes.

Deluxe and Premium renewal discount is $20... and you MUST do it before your pass expires. If you wait until the day after your pass expires, then you have to pay full price.

• Giant Baby

Re: Some intense AP questions!

Quote Originally Posted by Burnt Toast
    You pay for the upgrade based on what YOU paid for the pass. So if you paid $100 (for example), then you pay the difference between $100 and the price of your new pass.

If you upgrade, you are still blocked out the first day that you use your new upgraded pass. The blockout exemption is only good on the FIRST day you activate your pass, doesn't work on upgraded passes.

Deluxe and Premium renewal discount is $20... and you MUST do it before your pass expires. If you wait until the day after your pass expires, then you have to pay full price.

I think you can pay the $30 or whatever it is to get in on a blackout date, then use that towards an upgraded pass on that day.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast