Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

• Waiting 4 DCA Demolition

Details on the New Great Moments with Mr. Lincoln

I went to the Making of the U.S. Presidents panel with Tony Baster and a few other Imagineers. Tony said they would be using Lincoln's original voice, Royal Dano as Lincoln's voice and Paul Frees would return as the narrator with some his old speil as well as some new speil that was was found in the archives. They pretty much had to mix and match alot of the speil to put them together and kinda make a new speil all together, very cool. I believe he said the show will use the song Two Brothers from the American Adventures. Drawings used for the show were shown to us as well as the music and alot of Paul Free's and Royal Dano's spiels. He also said that he hates how people have to leave so abruptly after the show, so he wants people to take their time now as they show important american figures throughout it's it's history on the curtains. He also stated they would also put a fireplace in the pre-show room, i forget why the reason is. Also, they would bring back the nation's capital piece that used to be there. No mention of bringing back Walt's office as he said the fireplace is being built in that area. When the Gallery opens in october, most of the pre-show room will open as well before the actual attraction opens itself.
    "Walt Disney World may have more than Disneyland, but Disneyland has quality, and quality triumphs over quantity" -DL_CRAZE

• Minion

Re: Details on the New Great Moments with Mr. Lincoln

My favorite part of the Mr. Lincoln attraction was after Lincoln sat down, the sky behind him slowly changed from a sunset with clouds to an American flag. Decades before "morphing" became popular. I hope they keep that effect, even just the original one would be fine.

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • The Future is in RED?

Moving, somewhere in time...but mostly stuck in SoCal in the County of Orange

Lightbulb Re: Details on the New Great Moments with Mr. Lincoln

By what I am reading, it sounds like it will be GREAT show again.(Disney, please don't mess up!
    Last edited by Timekeeper; 09-14-2009 at 12:45 PM. Reason: I might have said it rudely.

• Waiting 4 DCA Demolition

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Weaver View Post
    My favorite part of the Mr. Lincoln attraction was after Lincoln sat down, the sky behind him slowly changed from a sunset with clouds to an American flag. Decades before "morphing" became popular. I hope they keep that effect, even just the original one would be fine.

Yes they showed that that will still be included.
    "Walt Disney World may have more than Disneyland, but Disneyland has quality, and quality triumphs over quantity" -DL_CRAZE

• Minion

Awesome... thanks. So they saved the model of the Capitol building all these years? I can still hear the voice of the young lady, "Even though it is completely hollow, it weighs over one ton."

• Minion

From what I've read, that effect will also be used on a portrait of Lincoln hanging over a fireplace in the lobby. There was a series of images showing how the image will change on one of the D23 threads.

• Haunted Mansion Fanatic

This sounds like it'll be an amazing show. I'm mostly excited to hear about Dano and Frees' return as the voices of the attraction. I've grown up listening to the original 64 World's Fair version of the show on CDs, and think nothing else can top both of their respective performances.

• Future Imagineer! =D

Yippee! I'm so excited!
    ...After a YEAR I finally was able to figure out my password again! I'm baaack! Woohoo!(:
    Disney is my life <3
    Thank Walt for all he did! <3
    Future Imagineer <3
    Keep Disney the way Walt intended it!!

• 3rd shift

the lines are going to be crazy when it final opens...
    dude, where is my milkshake!

• Greetings, Program!

Quote Originally Posted by Chewyoates77 View Post
    the lines are going to be crazy when it final opens...
    That will be an odd sight for certain.

A line for Lincoln. Can honestly say I've never seen that in this lifetime.

Does anyone know if the show will close with "Golden Dreams" as it did in the 80's? That soaring score at the end personally was the draw for me.
    "The old man's gonna knock on the sky. Listen to the sound."

AP'er since 2004. Yup.....I'm one of THEM.

• All-American

And not a character or franchise tie-in in sight... Tony Baxter is awesome.

•   
    • Support MC - Go GOLD!

Yes,
    really liked that part

Thanks for the update, great news
    Quote by Al:
    To that end I'd like the Internet community to join me in reminding the Disney company that "it all started with Walt." As you can see below we've created some T-shirts, plus a few simple graphics that you can copy and paste into your websites to let folks know how you feel.
    -Al Lutz

•   
    • Support MC - Go GOLD!

Quote Originally Posted by MarkTwain View Post
    And not a character or franchise tie-in in sight... Tony Baxter is awesome.
    keeping fingers crossed
    (I'll be off to City Hall if I hear Hannah, Jonas Bro's or Gomez singing that National Anthem in Lincoln)
    Quote by Al:
    To that end I'd like the Internet community to join me in reminding the Disney company that "it all started with Walt." As you can see below we've created some T-shirts, plus a few simple graphics that you can copy and paste into your websites to let folks know how you feel.
    -Al Lutz

• I'm the only one!

I hope they bring back those headphones guest would wear for the show before it closed for the 50 years of magic. Those were so cool IMO. I remeber cringing when the barber was cutting hair. The sound made it sound like he was cutting my hair. Any idea on if they'll bring them back with the new sound track or was it used to just demo the technology for something else?

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by Gonzotigger View Post
    I hope they bring back those headphones guest would wear for the show before it closed for the 50 years of magic. Those were so cool IMO. I remeber cringing when the barber was cutting hair. The sound made it sound like he was cutting my hair. Any idea on if they'll bring them back with the new sound track or was it used to just demo the technology for something else?
    NO THEY WON'T!!!!!

It totally destroyed the show. You can probably pick up a set on Ebay cheap.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast