Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

• is FIERCE!

Blog Entries

Finally! Dramaqueen's Trip Report! (WARNING- very long, but lots of pics)

Ok guys, I know this is long overdue, but here is my Disneyland/ California trip report. We spent a week in September (the 17th- 24th) with my in-laws. My sister Brittany (who is Aerinpegadrak on the boards) joined us while we were at Disneyland. We took tons of pictures and I know how much you guys love pictures, so here they are (no sub pictures though, I see enough of them on here that I didnít feel the need to take my own )

First off was the Potluck on Sunday. My in laws and husbands sat off by themselves (party poopers) and took these shots:

Me and Aerinpegadrak

Fishbulb, me and Aerinpegadrak

Grumpy4, Disneyphile, Me, Aerinpegadrak, Wolfy999 and some others

My husband (I assume he is making fun of us at this point)

My FIL used to visit Disneyland quite a bit in the 70ís, but my MIL had never been. There was a lot that impressed them and we spent the first day kind of just taking everything in.

Mickey climbing the Matterhorn

Main Street

Group photo

We did the Fantasmic! Dessert Buffet that night with seats by the water and it was really amazing. None of us had ever done it before, so we didnít know what to expect. Well, itís worth every penny. The food was wonderful and the service impeccable. My in-laws were floored before the show even started. The view was decent- we were towards the back and had to strain to see over heads, but not having to wait for seats made it worth while. The best part was the reactions. My in-laws arenít Disney people and werenít expecting to be impressed by anything at Disneyland. Especially my FIL- he is one of those guys that think he has seen it all and there is nothing new under the sun that is better than anything he has seen or done. Well, by the end of Fantasmic! They were both speechless. They loved it and couldnít believe how amazing a show it was. All they could talk about was how magical they felt and that it was like being in a movie or something. We havenít quite figured out the night settings on our camera, so the pictures we got werenít the best.

Check out the News Forum for the latest news with a Micechat twist!

Do you MiceChat?
    Help support the site you love:
    -Visit the MiceChat store
    Make a donation with one of the boxes at the bottom of the page

DMCA for life, yo.
    MCDA- Bringin' sexyback, one pound at a time.

• is FIERCE!

Blog Entries

Re: Finally! Dramaqueen's Trip Report! (WARNING- very long, but lots of pics)

On Monday, the crowds were pretty light, so we were able to navigate the park pretty well. We spent a lot of time in Toontown- I think it was my in-laws favorite place in the park.

In case you were wondering, it was talk like a pirate day. My sister Meghan was supposed to come with us, but she was in a car accident. So we took this stuffed cat with us and took pictures of it everywhere. We also filled up an autograph book for her, so lots of time was spent looking for characters.

We got pics of her in all the gold vehicles, but this is my favorite. I didnít get to ride in a single one  I got beaten every time I tried. Even on the Jungle Cruise, they wouldnít let us wait for the Amazon Queen which was the next boat in line <pouts>

My FIL was expecting to be hit by a hurricane apparently. I got wetter than anyone!

We had lunch at the Blue Bayou (which was a first for me) and so I had to be a dork and take a picture here. I have been inside Club 33 before, but everyone is entitled to act like a tourist once in a while. Right after we took the pic someone really did go inside. Glad they didnít see me messing around!

This is our first ride on the Tower of Terror. And this is really my husbandís reaction- his mother heard him from the other side of HPB!
    That night, we watched the Parade of Dreams by IASW, but it was getting ready to rain, so they cancelled all the show stops. It pretty much just flew past us.

Saw this while we were waiting for the PoD

Do you MiceChat?

DMCA for life, yo.

• is FIERCE!

Blog Entries

Tuesday we went to LA. We had tickets for a Tonight Show taping and got to the studio around 2pm. No cameras were allowed, but we had a really good time. It was a lot more entertaining that I would have thought, especially since I donít regularly watch the Tonight Show. They really work hard to make sure it is fun. The guests werenít great, but it was still a fun experience.

Ghetto screenshot of us, circled in the upper right corner

We then headed to Hollywood to see the sights. I love walking around downtown, but my FIL was ready to go back to the hotel, so we didnít get to stick around for as long as I wanted to.

My pilgrimage

Paying tribute to Roy (I didnít find Waltís this time)

The El Capitan

I really wanted to see this while we were there but time did not permit.

This was not there the last time I was in Hollywood- a LOT has changed!

This is my favorite block in front of Mannís- Iím not sure why I like it so much. Maybe itís because it was done on my birthday (though a long time before I was born) I wonder if Trigger was really thereÖ..

We looked for Johnnyís handprints, but they had them covered up and no one knew why. Only the tour groups during the day were allowed to see them.

We stopped by the Soda Fountain. It is really cute! I wanted a sundae, but didnít get one, Oh well, next time.

This was supposed to be a great pic until my finger got in the way!

The next day we drove down to San Clemente. My FIL was stationed at Camp Pendleton in the lat 60ís/ early 70ís and lived in San Clemente, so we were looking for his old haunts, his apartment, etc. He was shocked by all the changes, I just laughed. He seemed to have expected them to put it all in a time capsule after he left.

Then we drove down to Tijuana because none of us had ever been there. That was an experience to say the least. We didnít stay too long, but I did get chased down the street. I must have had ďLouis VuittonĒ written across my forehead because everyone was trying to see me one. I almost bought one (my husband is the best haggler ever) but just couldnít justify the risk if it was fake. I guess I need to see a real one so I can learn to tell the difference, but I just think that a $2000 purse would be obvious- if I have to question it, then itís probably not real.

Do you MiceChat?

DMCA for life, yo.

• is FIERCE!

Blog Entries

Thursday my husband and I headed to the park alone and left the in-laws at the hotel- we needed a day apart and I wanted a day at the park where I could do whatever I wanted to.

Me at the casting door- I knocked, but no one answered!

We spent a lot of time collecting characters today. The CMís at Mickeyís house were really great when we explained the situation about Meghan. They let us take tons of pictures with her cat and Mickey wrote her a very nice message.

Ariel was just as kind.

Waiting in line for BTMRR

Being silly at EnginEars Toys at DCA

We checked out the 50th exhibit which was really great and signed the guestbook. This was my husbandís favorite part.

We rode Buzz Lightyear about 10 times on Friday- I became obsessed with this ride! We had a lot of fun and it was nice to be able to ride it over and over. Kelly was able to score 18th for the day- but we stopped right in front of Zurg so it messed up the picture. Here are the best ones:

After we came off of Buzz, we saw this in the sky:

I guess they shot off a test missile somewhere and you could see it all over the southwest. It was pretty freaky to see over Disneyland. But I figured if we were going to die, Disneyland is as good a place as ever!

Do you MiceChat?

DMCA for life, yo.

• is FIERCE!

Blog Entries

Friday was our last day and it started out by waiting in line for Snow White who “was very fond of lines”

Then it was back to Toontown so the in-laws could meet Mickey (I told you they loved that place, but they hated Fantasyland)

We did a lot of shopping and second or third rides on Friday. We were dropping off our purchases in a locker when we saw this guy:

Yeah, I know it’s a crappy picture- but the guy is an actor and we couldn’t remember what he had been in for the life of us- I spent days trying to figure it out, but I knew I had seen him before.

When I got home to watch my TiVo, I saw this on Lost:

And this on Desperate Housewives:

It’s the same guy!!!!! It was so weird to be wondering about him for so long and there he was, like a sign from god. He even gave us his locker since there were no more big ones left and we had so much stuff!

Our in-laws were already sitting in the hub for the Parade of Dreams and I was heading over to meet them when Grumpy4 found me and I watched the parade with her. We spent the rest of the night waiting for the fireworks. We got really nice seats and everyone around us sat, which was a relief. They had been filming things in the resort all week and that night they had a boom crane in the hub to film the fireworks. The people next to us had to sign release forms.

I loved the fireworks and cried at the end because I knew it was time to leave. It had been such a good week, and such a happy homecoming. I really felt like I was home, it wasn’t just a cheesy slogan. The park looked beautiful and it was a supremely enjoyable vacation. I loved everyone I got to meet and I am very sorry I couldn’t hang around longer! I wanted nothing better than to ditch my family and spend all day with all the amazing micechatters I got to meet. I am so glad I could share a little bit of my trip with you all, and it won’t be the last one. When Meghan is able to travel, probably next summer or winter, then I am bringing her and I hope you will all help me show her a good time!

If you want to see the rest of my pictures, here is a link to the album:

http://photobucket.com/albums/y77/dramaqueen1241/

Do you MiceChat?

DMCA for life, yo.

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Gumball Rally Volunteer!

Wow! Nice pics! Sounds like you had a great time! Thanks for sharing them!
    Happy Anniversary, MiceChat!

• Banned User

Looks like a a fun trip! It's always great when you can get some time in with the characters without being rushed.

• rainy day girl

Blog Entries

Hey DQ! It's about time! Great pics, glad you had a wonderful vacation in spite of everything else going on.

edited to add: It was great to FINALLY meet you, babe!
    Looking for the truth about giraffes? http://www.menacinggiraffes.blogspot.com/

• Wasn't Me!

I am SO happy that you guys had a great time!!!

• Banned User

Totally awsome report, and pictures!! thank you I really enjoyed it and loved the pictures!

• /sigh

Fun Fun!!!
    Marge: Barnacle Bill's Home Pregnancy Test? Homer, shouldn't we have gone with a better-known brand?
    Homer: But Marge, this one came with a corn-cob pipe!
    Marge: [reading from the test box] "Ahoy, Maties! If the water turns blue, a baby for you! If purple ye see, no baby thar be!"
    Homer: So, which is it? Blue or purple?
    Marge: Pink.
    Homer: D'oh!
    Marge: "If ye test should fail, to a doctor set sail!"

• no flash photography...

great report...I loved all the pictures.....TY for sharing them with us..

• Senior Minion

Thanks for the great photos, Nice camera. I also noticed the strange trail in the sky also. Real bizarre.
    Last edited by Alchimedes; 10-11-2005 at 07:41 PM.
    1st Amendment-Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.

• MiceChat Moderator
    • It's SisterP Time!

Blog Entries

Thanks for sharing your trip with us! I'm so glad to see all your pics and how much fun you had. Good memories!! Great times!! I hope writing this report brought a smile to your face remembering how much fun you had!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast