Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

• Waiting for fireworks...

Re: First TR here: Sept 10-14th

Great TR! can't wait to see day 4. This is the coolest pic...
    Quote Originally Posted by zeitzeuge View Post
    Our favorite picture:

• Wilderness Explorer

Wonderful trip report! Thanks so much for sharing your experience--especially Club 33. And I agree, you two make a handsome couple.

• Animation Domination

Loved the Club 33 pictures and I have to say this should make the weekly round up. I can't wait for Day 4.
    I really hope you guys will be down here for Gay Days this October.
    "You are watching FOX"

Thank you all so much for all the wonderful comments! Glad everyone is enjoying the report. Here's the last days:

After missing Magic Mornings the day before, we made sure we were in bed early so we could make it in time for the 7am opening. We arrived at 6:30am, like we were told and we found ourselves the only people on the plaza. The security person who showed up 15 minutes later told us they changed opening time to 9am, so MM wouldn't start until 8am. Nice.

This day is all about relaxing and soaking up as much of DL as we can before we left the following morning back to Dallas.

We were first in line of course and once they opened the gates, we let the small crowd literally run past us. We had already rode all of the dark rides in fantasyland and the rides in tomorrowland numerous times the past few days with little or no line, so we didn't care about using that hour to ride anything. Instead, we used that time to take some photo's of a nearly empty park. After about 15 minutes, mainstreet was almost a ghost town and so was the HUB. Great photo opportunities. By the time 9am rolled around, we decided to spend our last full day riding everything again. We like to spend as much time wandering around the park, riding our favorites one more time.

Even after full opening of the park, we were able to ride everything in Fantasy and Tomorrowland by noon. We decided to run over to DCA one last time, rode TOT and CS one more time, ate at the place by Soarin', then finished up MORE shopping, then headed back to DL. We rode Mark Twain, the train, monorail, Subs, POTC, Splash, Big Thunder, mixing it with shopping and some last photopass shots before getting our CD. We paid 59 for just a CD, no printouts with borders. Does that sound about right? I thought we got photo's included with that price last year. Who knows.

The girls wandered around some on their own, getting photo's with Princesses. We had no desire to stand in line for two hours with them, so we headed to Toontown for a while, which was nothing but a sea of screaming children for some reason. We didn't last long and headed out to IASW and rode it three times in a row. There were no lines, so we just stayed in the boat. Nothing like embedding that song in your head for the rest of the day!

We hadn't seen Celebrate! A Street Party, so after IASW we planted our butts near IASW, nibbled on a couple Churro's caught the parade. Actually, it wasn't as bad as I kept hearing. Sure, it's nothing NEAR the parades of before, but it didn't suck. I'll be glad when ELP comes back to DL next year, where it belongs. We missed not being able to see it this year.

After the parade, more mindless wandering, snacking, shopping. We spent quite a while buying more Christmas ornaments. We have an entire Disney tree/garland we put up every year so we have to continue with this buying addiction as well.

It was starting to get a little dark. The girls were getting tired and headed back to DTD for dinner. We joined them for Mexican food, then headed to the hotel to freshen up for a few minutes. We decided to take the Monorail back to the park, but when it showed up, it came in short on the loading dock, shut down and wouldn't move. They had to restart the monorail, which by the way takes forever. We made it just in time for Magical Fireworks one last time, but watched it from IASW which is really amazing! The show on IASW front is really cool and you're SO close to the fireworks. Then headed to NOS which is our favorite part of the park for the last few hours. We wandered around, rode POTC in a boat all by ourselves, then walked out just in time for Fantasmic! so we could get a few shots of Murphy the Dragon.

Always a sad point of our trip. We want the weekend to last forever, but know that it has to come to an end. We slowly walked through the park, through Mainstreet and out the front gates, without saying one word to one another.

We both know how each other feels. Hate seeing it come to an end. It's the only place where we both can act like kids again, leave all troubles behind and forget the world even exists for a few days.

Until next time.........

Few of our favorite photo's:

Quote Originally Posted by MickeyMousePal View Post
    Loved the Club 33 pictures and I have to say this should make the weekly round up. I can't wait for Day 4.
    I really hope you guys will be down here for Gay Days this October.
    That would be really cool if I could be a part of the weekly round up. When does that come out?

We won't be able to make it for Gay Days. Being in Dallas, it's hard to be able to come back so quickly. We're crossing fingers, trying to see if we can go during Christmas, but we just bought a home as of yesterday, so funds might be a little limited for a while. lol

We are hoping to make it there for that next year if at all possible, or Gay Days at WDW, one of the two.

• Off to Neverland

I love your night shots!

• Animation Domination

That would be really cool if I could be a part of the weekly round up. When does that come out?

We won't be able to make it for Gay Days. Being in Dallas, it's hard to be able to come back so quickly. We're crossing fingers, trying to see if we can go during Christmas, but we just bought a home as of yesterday, so funds might be a little limited for a while. lol

We are hoping to make it there for that next year if at all possible, or Gay Days at WDW, one of the two.
    Weekly Round up is every Wednesday. I just made the weekly round up this week. Congratulation on buying a new home. Hopefully you guys can come in December or like you said next year. If you do give me a heads up.
    "You are watching FOX"

• Swish and Flicker

Nice Pics! I wish I could go to club 33, your lucky!
    "If you live to be a hundred, I want to live to be a hundred minus one day, so I never have to live without you." -Winnie the Pooh

• Future Imagineer! =D

Nice pics! Thanks for sharing your trip with us! :]
    ...After a YEAR I finally was able to figure out my password again! I'm baaack! Woohoo!(:
    Disney is my life <3
    Thank Walt for all he did! <3
    Future Imagineer <3
    Keep Disney the way Walt intended it!!

• I'm Theme Park Happy!

Oh man I'm so jealous of your recent trip! But alas WDW calls for Micoofy Duck to return during Mickey's Not So Scary Halloween Parties.

Cute couple by the way!
    Micoofy Duck
    Disney Theme Park Fan #4,584,376
    http://www.micoofy.com

Quote Originally Posted by Micoofy Duck View Post
    Oh man I'm so jealous of your recent trip! But alas WDW calls for Micoofy Duck to return during Mickey's Not So Scary Halloween Parties.

Cute couple by the way!
    Thank you!

I hope you have a great time at WDW. We really want to make a trip out there one of these days ourselves.

• Don't mess with the duck!

Fantastic trip report!

Quote Originally Posted by DonDuck View Post
    Fantastic trip report!
    Thanks! I keep looking over our pictures and it's making me want to hop back on a plane and go right back.

• Animation Domination

Thanks! I keep looking over our pictures and it's making me want to hop back on a plane and go right back.
    I feel the same way living 30 mintues away from Disneyland. I would love to go every Sunday, but I have other things in life to do. Disneyland is just a wonderful distraction that takes you away from reality.
    "You are watching FOX"

We now have the chance to go to WDW for the first time as a couple. Partner is going to Orlando in April for work, so we figured I might as well fly out there and we can have a 4-5 day vacation after he's done with his work convention. We can't wait! THEN, we're going to try and go to DL for Halloween since that's one holiday we've never been during.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast