Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

• Circle of Ancients

Re: What's going on with Splash (soak) Mountain?

^ That's an awesome idea. I will have to remember that for next time.

Thanks.

• loves a silver lining

Blog Entries

Over GayDays weekend All Aglow got SOAKED!! I mean at least as wet as your picture if not worse, this was after telling Cyneeyore "I never get wet on Splash"

Delta Mu Chi Alpha ΔΜΧΑ

While I think the retrofitted logs are partially to blame, there might be something else added into the equation. I rode Splash last Sunday at about 9:30am in the last seat. Everyone in the log experienced that wall of water rebound (for the lack of a better descriptive) after the last, big drop. Later, while riding the Mark Twain, I noticed that the major soakage occuring earlier in the day wasn't there. People were still getting wet, but not nearly as much as three or four hours earlier. Does anyone have an explanation for this?

• MiceChat News Team
    • Supervillan Extrodinaire

Blog Entries

So what happened to 'Flash' Mountain?
    Growing older is manditory
    Growing up is however, optional

• oh bugger

Quote Originally Posted by OogieBoogie
    So what happened to 'Flash' Mountain?

Those pictures always seem to "get washed away"

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by startours4ever
    Does any water ever come from above on the way to the Laughing Place or while in it? The last few times my girlfriend and I went on it, that was the part that made us the most wet.
    Yes! there is totally huge amounts of water just dropping down from there now. I got drenched twice there, and so did my husband. I think they changed something outside, and now water comes through from the top!

• Behind the refurb walls..

Blog Entries

I think it might be a good change though. it's a log flume, all the log flumes I've been on get me soaked, splash never did. I like being soaked on a hot day!!! Most people that only go to disneyland once won't have any expectations, they don't know.. So they'll be prepared to get wet! We should do the same!!! GET TO YOUR BATTLE STATIONS!!! WETNESS IS COMIN!!!

~ Here you leave today and enter the world of yesterday tomorrow and fantasy
    ~

I got really wet, I think it was the 24th of Sep. I got so wet I never dried. Well maybe because, it was at 8:30 at night and it was getting fairly cold. But I don't remember getting that wet, even when I sat in the front row before. I don't remember if I was in the front (not first seat though) but could all this splashing and excess wetness be from the fact that the logs are bigger thus displacing more water?

• Minion

For all you youngsters out there I rode Splash Mountain the first summer it was open, and it was fun to get soaked and drenched.
    There was about a ten year period where I did not go to Disneyland, so when I went and went on that ride,
    I was like hhhhhhhhheeeeeeeeeeyyyyyy what happened to the Splash and drenchness.

When I was in May and August this last summer I was so happy to get drenched again. When I go in October I will be splashing again!

• Minion

SM has ALWAYS been very random. It seems the water level that day and the weight has a great deal to do with the last splash. Disneykat and I watched the logs for about 20 mins one meet and noted that the family's with small children in front dont get wet. But if its full of full grown adults, watch out! And set, se did notice the random title wave that would get riders once they thought "Boy, I hardly got wet!" WAM!

• Across From DL

i find it funny that everyone thinks that there is more water in the flume the problem is there is less and the less water the quicker the water itself moves it is easier to splash a little bit of water than alot so that is why everyone has been getting soaked they lowered the water level I asked 3 different CM's and if you guys don't believe me then look the next time you take the plunge you can see where the old water line is on the ride elements its down by about 2 to 3 inches

• Official Mice Chat person

I've heard the new vehicles were designed to splash you more. I got front row a few months ago and got TOTALLY drentched. There litterally wasn't a dry spot on me. I was really surprised, because that had never happend to me before.

Well, I'm all for getting wet and/or soaked on Splash Mountain. It's the name of the ride for goodness sakes. A couple months ago, I would've complained that I hardly got wet on the Splash Mountain. Now that I'm hearing that people are getting soaked, I'll go on it more often. Instead of having a "You May Get Wet" sign, they should do what Knott's Berry Farm does with their Big Foot Rapids:

"You WILL Get Wet, You MAY Get Drenched"

• Disneyland Freak

We made the mistake of making Splash our last ride for the night. I sat in the very front row and was COMPLETELY soaked.

My knees were safe because I kept them pressed up against the front of the log. May lap and armpits were the only dry part on my because thas where my arms where. Note the none-too-happy look on my face And no, I am not an amputee... my gf just isn't very good at taking pics
    Last edited by dlfreak; 10-13-2005 at 11:09 PM.
    Joey AKA "dlfreak"
    www.mouseinfo.com

I'm addicted to Disneyland. Disneyland hobbies are expensive.
    If I become a bum people are going to say "Don't give him money, he's just gonna use it on Disneyland."
    Disneyland. My Anti-drug.

With all this talk of "off the shelf" and "on the back-burner" it seems the only thing that DCA is really missing is the kitchen sink!

Create your own Virtual pet today!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12