Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

• Nope! No grown-ups here!

Re: Boba Fett came to dinner last night.

Quote Originally Posted by Coheteboy View Post
    ... The original Star Tours only has 3PO and R2-D2...
    Not quite true. During the part where the starspeeder stumbles upon the battle around the Death Star, one of the well-known X-Wing pilots (Wedge Antiles, I think) appears on the side monitor and says something along the lines of "Star Tours? What are you doing here? This is a restricted area?"

I would imagine (definitely no inside information here) that Boba Fett will make a similar appearance. Though I'm really curious as to why Boba Fett would be chasing a Star Tours starspeeder. Perhaps one of the 'interactive' aspects of Star Tours II will be that one of the passengers will automatically have a bust shot taken of them in line, and Boba Fett will display that person's picture, stating that there is a bounty of 50,000 Imperial credits (or something like that) on that person and that he intends to collect on it? That would be cool, and would really give a charge (and/or a heart-attack) to the 'lucky' passenger.
    Dead Mice Tell No Tails!

• Nope! No grown-ups here!

Quote Originally Posted by MainSreetJake View Post
    whatever happened to the concept of Star Tours having 25 openings, 25 middles, and 25 ends?
    So far, that is nothing more than an 'I think I read or heard this somewhere, but I can't remember where or find any confirmation of it, anywhere' caliber rumor. To the best of my knowledge, nobody from Disney, or anybody else with authority in the matter, has said anything even remotely like this.
    Dead Mice Tell No Tails!

• Quality not quantity

Quote Originally Posted by MainSreetJake View Post
    was Boba even in the first star wars?
    Of Course!

Or by "first" did you mean "Star Wars" aka Episode IV? In which case, no.

Or by "first" Did you mean "Episode I"? In which case again no.

Damn you Lucas.
    "Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it's time to pause and reflect."

-Mark Twain

• We Go On.

Boba Fett? I knew Star Tours wouldn't be limited to the prequels!

• A spooky ghost

Quote Originally Posted by Moonliner View Post
    Or by "first" did you mean "Star Wars" aka Episode IV? In which case, no.
    He's in the Special Edition version.

• mountains beyond mtns.

For a life long Fett fan, nothing could've been unclassier than Young Boba in Attack of the Clones "get 'em dad! heh heh heh..." so I totally embrace his appearance.

Quote Originally Posted by BiggestDisneyFan View Post
    Not quite true. During the part where the starspeeder stumbles upon the battle around the Death Star, one of the well-known X-Wing pilots (Wedge Antiles, I think) appears on the side monitor and says something along the lines of "Star Tours? What are you doing here? This is a restricted area?"

I would imagine (definitely no inside information here) that Boba Fett will make a similar appearance. Though I'm really curious as to why Boba Fett would be chasing a Star Tours starspeeder. Perhaps one of the 'interactive' aspects of Star Tours II will be that one of the passengers will automatically have a bust shot taken of them in line, and Boba Fett will display that person's picture, stating that there is a bounty of 50,000 Imperial credits (or something like that) on that person and that he intends to collect on it? That would be cool, and would really give a charge (and/or a heart-attack) to the 'lucky' passenger.
    He could also be chasing some cargo on the Starspeeder. Not all bounties have to be people, after all.

Some of you may not be aware that there is a Captain Rex character in the current Clone Wars animated series and so there may be a chance that Lucasfilm does not allow that name to be used for the Star Tours RX droids.

• Greetings, Program!

Fett??? Slave I?????

The cool factor of this ride just shot up a few hundred notches.
    "The old man's gonna knock on the sky. Listen to the sound."

AP'er since 2004. Yup.....I'm one of THEM.

• We Go On.

^Agreed!

• MiceChat Moderator
    • Starcruiser.. crash crash

Not quite true. That X-Wing Pilot is actually ILM model builder Steve Gawley. Not Wedge Antilles.

And yes, there are other Mon Calamari in the queue (it's not Ackbar) and Chewbacca, Teek, Ree-Yees, and Ewoks appear in the safety video but it's not essential to the story. There are no "villains" shown in the original adventure.

Having Boba Fett can change the entire dynamic of the ride. I'm not saying it's a good or bad thing, but I'm more worried than excited based on Disney's current reputation of forcing character over story.

Visit my mice chat toy shop!
    http://micechat.com/forums/merchandi...oy-shoppe.html

Track Disney Animation Presence in the Theme Parks Worldwide!
    http://micechat.com/forums/disneylan...ired-them.html

• Shablagoo!

Yeah that is not Wedge.

Here is a picture of him for comparison.

http://images.wikia.com/starwars/ima...e_Antilles.jpg

AWESOME NEWS. must have been a very cool dinner. haha.

• A spooky ghost

I think it's a great idea. Knowing you've got the Slave I on your tail will definitely up the excitement level. I don't see how this could make the attraction anything but more awesome, unless they screw up Boba Fett (which is pretty easy to do).

• MiceChat Moderator
    • Starcruiser.. crash crash

Quote Originally Posted by burdenx View Post
    I think it's a great idea. Knowing you've got the Slave I on your tail will definitely up the excitement level. I don't see how this could make the attraction anything but more awesome, unless they screw up Boba Fett (which is pretty easy to do).

It's easy to screw a lot of things up sadly when it comes to Star Wars. Even Anthony Daniels himself has screwed up the voice and personality of 3PO. Just watch the originals next to the prequels... he becomes less and less tolerable.

Visit my mice chat toy shop!
    http://micechat.com/forums/merchandi...oy-shoppe.html

Track Disney Animation Presence in the Theme Parks Worldwide!
    http://micechat.com/forums/disneylan...ired-them.html

• Honorary Jungle Skipper

The more rumors we're hearing the more I'm excited about this. Disney characters in it's a small world? No thanks. More Star Wars characters in Star Tours? Yes, please. Especially original trilogy.

• mountains beyond mtns.

Quote Originally Posted by Coheteboy View Post
    It's easy to screw a lot of things up sadly when it comes to Star Wars. Even Anthony Daniels himself has screwed up the voice and personality of 3PO. Just watch the originals next to the prequels... he becomes less and less tolerable.
    Exhibit B of this would be original trilogy Yoda versus prequel Yoda.

Exhibit C would be Obi Wan

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12