Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

• Kawasaki Kreep

Boba Fett came to dinner last night.

Last night my girlfriend and I had another couple over for dinner. The guy, Dean De Anda, is a huge Star Wars buff so naturally the conversation turned in that direction after a while. When I asked If he was excited about Star Tours 2 I got a chuckle in response. "Oh yeah I'm excited all right, I'm in the ride, I play Boba Fett."

You can imagine my response, my jaw dropped.
    I didn't believe him at first but him and his girlfriend were able to convince me after a while.

Dean is a member of the Golden Gate Garrison. These guys make exact replicas of the original costumes from the movies and often are used by ILM for events in the Bay Area. Dean spent almost a year researching how the original Boba Fett costume was made and managed to make an exact duplicate of the costume and gun, right down to the smallest details. His Fett costume is currently the best out there aside from the original.

When Disney was preparing to start filming for the new ride they were unable to get the original Boba Fett costume from ILM. Instead ILM gave Disney Deans contact info. He went down for two days of filming last year.

Pretty sweet story I think. I'm also glad to know that there will be more than just pod racers in the new ride.

I got the OK to post this from him. Now that the ride has been announced he doesn't have to stay quiet anymore.

Last edited by evmo; 09-18-2009 at 10:37 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Captain_Jenny1987 View Post
    Oh dear sweet zombie jesus on a stick no.

• MiceChat Moderator
    • Starcruiser.. crash crash

Re: Boba Fett came to dinner last night.

There have been a lot of news in the past few months of them shooting scenes with Boba Fett in a studio in Santa Monica. But it also concerns me that they're just making Star Tours 2 character centric - like all the other new rides they're putting in.

The original Star Tours only has 3PO and R2-D2. The adventure, is entirely ours. I hope that however they use Boba Fett it will be classy and not forced in there just to have a recognizable character.

Visit my mice chat toy shop!
    http://micechat.com/forums/merchandi...oy-shoppe.html

Track Disney Animation Presence in the Theme Parks Worldwide!
    http://micechat.com/forums/disneylan...ired-them.html

• Very own madame Leota!

wait, so we're gettin' some fett?

seriously?

YEEEES!!!!
    Although it would be curious if his ship also has an appearance,given the nature of the ride and all. (and if they really would call it the slave 1?)

• Honorary Jungle Skipper

Quote Originally Posted by QuestionableKri View Post
    wait, so we're gettin' some fett?

seriously?

YEEEES!!!!
    Although it would be curious if his ship also has an appearance,given the nature of the ride and all. (and if they really would call it the slave 1?)
    I'm sure the ship could show up without anyone having to mention the name. In fact, does anyone ever actually say the name aloud in the movies?

• Minion

What a cool surprise!
    I want my cake back!

• =)

Quote Originally Posted by clockworkmonkey View Post
    In fact, does anyone ever actually say the name aloud in the movies?
    In Episode II, certainly. He's never named in ESB, I believe, but Han says his name once in ROTJ. Hope I'm not off on that.

• A spooky ghost

Quote Originally Posted by Datameister View Post
    In Episode II, certainly. He's never named in ESB, I believe, but Han says his name once in ROTJ. Hope I'm not off on that.

I think he was referring to the Slave 1. To answer the question, definitely not in the original trilogy and I don't think it's called by name in AOTC either.

Quote Originally Posted by Coheteboy View Post
    There have been a lot of news in the past few months of them shooting scenes with Boba Fett in a studio in Santa Monica. But it also concerns me that they're just making Star Tours 2 character centric - like all the other new rides they're putting in.

The original Star Tours only has 3PO and R2-D2. The adventure, is entirely ours. I hope that however they use Boba Fett it will be classy and not forced in there just to have a recognizable character.
    Only 3PO and R2? What about the Mon Calamari in the control booth, Chewbacca, ewoks, X-Wing pilots, even Rex and the droids in the droid room are officially Star Wars characters. We don't know how Fett is being used, he could be in the new boarding video (I hope to god they replace the one they have now.)
    Last edited by burdenx; 09-18-2009 at 01:17 PM.

• Kawasaki Kreep

Quote Originally Posted by burdenx View Post
    We don't know how Fett is being used, he could be in the new boarding video (I hope to god they replace the one they have now.)
    Nope, he's chasing you in Slave-1
    Quote Originally Posted by Captain_Jenny1987 View Post
    Oh dear sweet zombie jesus on a stick no.

• =)

Quote Originally Posted by burdenx View Post
    I think he was referring to the Slave 1. To answer the question, definitely not in the original trilogy and I don't think it's called by name in AOTC either.
    Wow...you're right. Woo hoo, reading comprehension, or lack thereof! Sorry about that - yeah, Slave I is never referred to by name in any of the films, though it's certainly the official name.

• A spooky ghost

Quote Originally Posted by evmo View Post
    Nope, he's chasing you in Slave-1
    Sweet.

• Yeti Enthusiast

I'm definitely more excited for this now that there are some leaked confirmations of Original Trilogy material being part of the attraction. I'd guess that each film has a ride film based on events from it. The Empire based ride film sounds like it involves Hoth, Boba Fett and probably things like Star Destroyers and the Asteroid Field.

At this point, I don't think that each ride film itself will be completely random (as in hundreds of combinations), but whether you'll be going on a ride based on The Phantom Menace or The Empire Strikes back will be a coin toss. Talk about luck of the draw.

• "Always On The Move..."

Quote Originally Posted by Datameister View Post
    Actually Han says his name twice...
    Quote Originally Posted by migo View Post
    I poop with joy!
    Best Quote...EVER!!!

Member of the Black Cat Owners Association #6

• Future Skipper

Boba Fett? But... Boba Fett is from the original trilogy... and pod racing is from Episode I... does this mean it'll be in the time of the original trilogy but feature pod racing? Thank Walt! I thought it was all going to be stuff from the new (lesser) trilogy.

• Lego Peoplemover Priit

Cool Re: Boba Fett came to dinner last night.

Sounds pretty cool to me.

• Banned User

whatever happened to the concept of Star Tours having 25 openings, 25 middles, and 25 ends? That'd definetly play a difference between Boba Fett, and the Podraces... was Boba even in the first star wars?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast