Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

• Pongo is my hero.

Re: What attraction from another Disney park do you want to see duplicated at DL/DCA?

In the future, Mystic Manor. For now, Expedition Everest rocks!

one hundred and one

• Circle of Ancients

Blog Entries

Re: What attraction from another Disney park do you want to see duplicated at DL/DCA?

Poor Bob has no idea the Clone Wars are coming

• Member; Mousketeer

^ Haha. Nice.

• Minion

Actively trying to suppress and forget that anything whatsoever related to Star Wars or even George Lucas or Steven Spielberg for that matter, is, or was ever, located on any Disney-owned property.
    Last edited by Bob Weaver; 09-18-2009 at 06:25 PM.

• Circle of Ancients

Blog Entries

What I meant is this thread will get heated as people re hash the standing argument for or against bringing attractions from other parks into Disneyland Resort.

You're at 122 posts, I'm at almost 19K, which is scary.

But one thing I can tell you, without even consulting Leota, is this is the running argument of this site.

Some people would rather wait twice as long or more and have half or less new attractions added if they were all original, and unique to DLR.

Others see the economics behind spreading development costs of new E ticket attractions between two or more resorts, thereby reducing the cost to deliver the final product (ie the attraction.)

So I see it as a matter of economics. Twice or more as many copied or cloned concepts opening at twice the rate, because they are sharing development costs for a similar or identical version in Florida, Asia or Europe? Or do we hold out for a slower growth in new attractions, which aren't being developed anywhere else?

Because the way I see it, even if DLR pays 100% of the development costs and creates a "unique" attraction, usually there's only a limited window before any of the other resorts can copy it. So what's the point?

And unless you're a small subset of the superfans who frequent all of the world's Disney parks, it's not critical to me that I be able to trot around the globe in search of different Disney attractions. It's a high price to pay for such an elite mystique.

• Honorary Jungle Skipper

Quote Originally Posted by Rob™ View Post
    California Screamin' already uses that coaster's launch sequence.
    While a fun part of the attraction, I don't think anyone leaves Rock 'N' Roller Coaster saying, "you know, I enjoyed the launch sequence so much that I wouldn't notice any difference if the rest of the attraction were a simple unthemed, outdoor roller coaster."

It's like saying we didn't need the Haunted Mansion because Adventures Through Innerspace already had the omnimovers.

• Minion

Well I don't get the opposition. If there's something really great, why not have it at Disneyland. Why be forced to go to Florida or Tokyo or Hong Kong or Paris to experience it? Why should the Anaheim parks be deprived of something really great? Oh well, if this is going to reopen a whole Pandora's Box of arguing over the merits of cloning rides, then forget the whole thing.

• Nothin's gonna stop us!

Main Street Haunted Hotel from HKDL. Hooray for controversy!

• Circle of Ancients

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Weaver View Post
    Well I don't get the opposition. If there's something really great, why not have it at Disneyland. Why be forced to go to Florida or Tokyo or Hong Kong or Paris to experience it? Why should the Anaheim parks be deprived of something really great? Oh well, if this is going to reopen a whole Pandora's Box of arguing over the merits of cloning rides, then forget the whole thing.
    Don't give up the battle you might win.

• Know More Than You Should

Can I just get WestCOT?

But seriously, Rock 'n' Roller Coaster. It would actually make sense in Hollywood Pictures Backlot as it is now. Perhaps not after the retheme...but then again it fits in on Sunset Boulevard which has an early 20th century theme as well.

I'd also say some attractions which Disneyland used to have that still exist at WDW...Country Bears, Peoplemover, and CircleVision.

• Member; Mousketeer

Quote Originally Posted by CaliforniaAdventurer View Post
    What I meant is this thread will get heated as people re hash the standing argument for or against bringing attractions from other parks into Disneyland Resort.

You're at 122 posts, I'm at almost 19K, which is scary.

But one thing I can tell you, without even consulting Leota, is this is the running argument of this site.

Some people would rather wait twice as long or more and have half or less new attractions added if they were all original, and unique to DLR.

Others see the economics behind spreading development costs of new E ticket attractions between two or more resorts, thereby reducing the cost to deliver the final product (ie the attraction.)

So I see it as a matter of economics. Twice or more as many copied or cloned concepts opening at twice the rate, because they are sharing development costs for a similar or identical version in Florida, Asia or Europe? Or do we hold out for a slower growth in new attractions, which aren't being developed anywhere else?

Because the way I see it, even if DLR pays 100% of the development costs and creates a "unique" attraction, usually there's only a limited window before any of the other resorts can copy it. So what's the point?

And unless you're a small subset of the superfans who frequent all of the world's Disney parks, it's not critical to me that I be able to trot around the globe in search of different Disney attractions. It's a high price to pay for such an elite mystique.
    Bravo CaliforniaAdventurer.

Quote Originally Posted by clockworkmonkey View Post
    While a fun part of the attraction, I don't think anyone leaves Rock 'N' Roller Coaster saying, "you know, I enjoyed the launch sequence so much that I wouldn't notice any difference if the rest of the attraction were a simple unthemed, outdoor roller coaster."

It's like saying we didn't need the Haunted Mansion because Adventures Through Innerspace already had the omnimovers.
    That is one of the main reasons why Rock N' Roller Coaster
    was turned down. Also, Rock N' Roller Coaster would have
    taken up too much space in the Backlot.

And it's a bit unfair to compare Adventure through Inner Space with
    The Haunted Mansion.

• gunslinger

POOH'S. HUNNY. HUNT.

That is all.
    "Shall there be truth between us, as two men? Not as friends, but as equals? There is an offer you will get rarely, Roland. Only equals speak the truth, that's my thought on it. Friends and lovers lie endlessly, caught in the web of regard. How tiresome!"
    -Walter O' Dim.

•   
    • Skeevy Ray Vaughan

Expedition Everest at DCA.

Although keeping with the rigid California theme it will be renamed Expedition Mount Baldy.

Mickey's Philharmagic. Expedition Everest ( or at least something that would go backwards). Rockin Rollercoaster (with a new soundtrack).

Oh how I love smiles!

Never been to any other Disney park, just for the record.

I hear that Rock N Roller Coaster is amazing, and I think would fit very nicely in Hollywood Pictures Backlot. Just update the soundtrack to something/someone Californian. Take out that whole left side that includes Muppets, WWTBAM, Monsters, and those pointless shops and put it there. Highly unlikely but I can dream.

Expedition Everest is basically an updated, better version of our Matterhorn. There could be an Expedition Yosemite or Expedition some other famous Californian mountain. WOW that sounds bad. haha.

Mission: Space I think would be perfect in Tomorrowland. It would really fit well with the whole spacey, futuristic theme. Replace Innoventions with Mission: Space

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast