View Poll Results: What's yer favorite DLR Hotel to stay at?

Voters
32. You may not vote on this poll
  • Disneyland Hotel

17 53.13%
  • Paradise Pier Hotel

1 3.13%
  • Disney's Grand Californian Hotel

15 46.88%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Favorite DLR Hotel?

Mine is the Disneyland Hotel, feels more like home, even at christmas
    Disneyland: the best place to go to if you have the brain to do so.

• Just this guy......

Re: Favorite DLR Hotel?

I'm local and have never stayed at any of the hotels..... but..... The Grand is wonderful to walk in and around. I just love the lobby.

• Darkbeer

Blog Entries

Why aren't there off-property choices in the poll????

I am sorry, but to me, all three Disney owned Hotels are currently way overpriced.

Disneyland Hotel just started a MAJOR make-over and every current room is "old school".

Paradise Pier is a long away from the parks, and no type of tram/shuttle is available.

And the Grand Californian, the rooms are so small, heck, smaller than a room at HoJo's. If I am paying over $500 for a room, I want some space, including a balcony I can SIT on, not just stand on 30 inches of space!

I think the TripAdvisor ranking are very telling, heck, the Disneyland Hotel is not even in the top 20.

Anaheim Hotels: Read Anaheim Hotel Reviews and Compare Prices - TripAdvisor

Now hopefully after the major makeover the Disneyland Hotel will move up in the rankings, but currently it just a second tier location IMHO, but it seems like others agree with me.

But if I want a room with Bunk Beds, or a room with a King Bed when I make a reservation, I expect them to say yes or no to having a room of that type available, and assure me that one will be available when I check in.... Almost every Hotel Chain does it, even Motel 6! (Yes, sometimes they can't deliver, but then the Manager steps and and tries to remedy the situation, which includes upgrades, discounts or even free hotel nights). But Disney doesn't think they need to do that, all they will say is that we will make it in our records and try to accommodate you, but no promises.

If I can pay $50 a night and be assured I get a room with a King Bed, when I pay $400 to $500, I should get the same type of guarantee!!!!!

IMHO, it is sub-standard service, and when Disney tries to claim they are "better" than most, it is just laughable.

Want a nice room/suite with Bunk Beds, go book the Hyatt at Harbor and Chapman, they will give you one for usually less than $200 and guarantee the booking.
    Check out my Theme Park Photos at http://darkbeer.smugmug.com

I love all three hotels! ..but I love Grand Californian the most because I always liked the feeling of the "great outdoors."

• Galactic Hero

The city that the land of the Lego's stands....

Looking to stay at one of the three around New Years eve time, all three hotels still have rooms still which is a surprise and found a room for just around the 200 range... Might just get a room so we don't have to drive home after staying till 2 am haha.

• Sock Puppet

We spend at least four multi-night trips per year at the DLR and always stay in the Sierra Tower overlooking DTD. This week they're calling it the Dreams Tower, next week, who knows??? LOL Hey, I'll call it whatever I want when I'm paying the bill!

The staff has been wonderful, the rooms are very comfortable and are very convenient for enjoying the Park. We highly recommend the Concierge level. Plus, you can't beat the Never Land Pool! Awesome!

Beware... There will always be folks that bash the on-property hotels. Whether it is due to a bias, a hidden agenda, regret for not being able to afford the DLH's themselves, or just plain jealousy, they choose to keep bashing them every chance they get. And some have never even stayed there!

Why someone chooses to knock the owner of a Rolex just because they have a Timex themselves is beyond me... To each his own!

• Sock Puppet

Quote Originally Posted by xxmat2 View Post
    Looking to stay at one of the three around New Years eve time, all three hotels still have rooms still which is a surprise and found a room for just around the 200 range... Might just get a room so we don't have to drive home after staying till 2 am haha.

We stayed at the GCH the past two NYE's. Go for it!

• Sock Puppet

Quote Originally Posted by Darkbeer View Post
    Why aren't there off-property choices in the poll????

Looks to me that the OP wanted to know which of the three listed hotels was our favorite hotel. Makes sense to me.

If someone wants other places listed in yet another off-site poll, they have the option to start a new thread.

That makes sense to me too...

• Galactic Hero

The city that the land of the Lego's stands....

Question Re: Favorite DLR Hotel?

Quote Originally Posted by OldSchoolMickey View Post
    We stayed at the GCH the past two NYE's. Go for it!
    Sounds good, is that a nice hotel? I know the lobbies and such are pretty fancy...

Anyone know if that title that says new member is customizable or changes with the amount of posts you make?

I've stayed at all three, and most recently being the GC. I gotta go with that.

I remember DH being very Disney and the pool being great, I remember PP for being the cheapest out of all three and our great views of DCA.

But DGC is on a different level. The lobby itself is amazing, the special entrance into DGC allowed us to use fastpasses for Grizzly by just walking down and walking 30 ft. The rooms are comfortable, plasma's were great, and I love the look and feel of it.

DGC all the way, although it is reaaaally expensive.

• MiceChat News Team
    • Thanking the Academy

Blog Entries

The question was DLR hotel, not the Hyatt or HoJo's.

I love the Disneyland Hotel for nostagia's sake. Stayed there plenty of times growing up. More recently, I like Paradise Pier. It's the DLR hotel that's off the beaten path, so there's not so much foot traffic--and it's just a short stroll across the street to get to the DCA back entrance.

I love the layout of GCH, but the higher room rates, thus far, have kept me from staying there.

• Kay <3 Buzz

i havent stayed in any DLR hotel but i think Disney's Grand Californian Hotel is the coolest one!
    There are tons of fish in the sea... you just gotta find your NEMO!

• Kay <3 Buzz

Wink Re: Favorite DLR Hotel?

Quote Originally Posted by xxmat2 View Post
    Anyone know if that title that says new member is customizable or changes with the amount of posts you make?

just aimed u bout his one
    There are tons of fish in the sea... you just gotta find your NEMO!

•   
    • Skeevy Ray Vaughan

Quote Originally Posted by disneytim View Post
    The question was DLR hotel, not the Hyatt or HoJo's.

I love the Disneyland Hotel for nostagia's sake. Stayed there plenty of times growing up. More recently, I like Paradise Pier. It's the DLR hotel that's off the beaten path, so there's not so much foot traffic--and it's just a short stroll across the street to get to the DCA back entrance.

I love the layout of GCH, but the higher room rates, thus far, have kept me from staying there.
    Good points Tim.

Another thing to factor with the offsite hotels is sometimes it's nice to have a drink or 50. If you can barely walk it's nice to have an onsite hotel to stagger to rather than having to brave Harbor Blvd.

• Disney Fan

I think the GCH is beautiful but for us and our needs. The Disneyland hotel is the best. I cannot justify staying at a hotel for $400 a night because of its beauty. (Although we are staying there in October, Husbands Choice)
    --Leslie ~See my photos on FLICKR ~

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast