Photo Pass Question

Does Disneyland do a photo pass, I think that is what it is called. Have searched and not found anything?

Also has anyone done it and is it worth the money?

Re: Photo Pass Question

Quote Originally Posted by cns View Post
    Does Disneyland do a photo pass, I think that is what it is called. Have searched and not found anything?

I have done the Photo Pass thingy, at specific locations throughout the resort, CM's are wearing a Baige vest with the Photo Pass logo on them, ask to take a picture, then they scan it onto a Photo Pass Card which has a code on the back, when you get home, go to Disney's PhotoPass - Add some Disney magic to your memories and enter in your code, you will then see all the pictures taken by the CM's from your day, hope all that helped
    Disneyland: the best place to go to if you have the brain to do so.

• Future Indy Castmember

If you are referring to Disney's Photopass then yes, Disneyland has this service. Heres how it works:

1) Get a Photopass Card from a photographer. City Hall should also have a stack at the front desk. If you go to a character location (Pixie Hollow for example) the CM before the characters will also have a stack available. They are obviously free of charge to get one.

2) If you want a picture taken by a Disney Photographer, give the card to him/her. They will take your photo's and scan them on to your card.

3) At the end of the day you can go the Photoshop on Main Street and view your pics there. You can also go home and go to Disney's Photopass website and view them there.

Pictures on your card have to be claimed within 30 days of it being taken. In other words, either scanned at the photoshop or you enter the code on the back of the card at the website. Then they will be available to view and purchase for 30 days after they are claimed.

Essentialy you only need one photopass card since they work in a similar manner to credit cards. If you end up with multiple cards, you can go to the photoshop on Main Street and have them transfer all pics from the cards into one card.

Duffeteer Society of Tenders, Artists & Romantics
    Check out the
    MICECHAT Duffy Forum
    Bringing the Love since January 10, 2011

The world is a treasure trove of places.
    The colors of Earth, Sea and Sky. Beauty i'm told, is ours to behold. In the wonderful world of color.
    Indy Ride Count: 2211
    World of Color Count: 74

Smile Re: Photo Pass Question

Once again you guys are wonderful. Thanks for the info.

• We Want The Redhead

I can't tell you the number of times I've gone online to view my pics and seen other families pics as well. Be sure the photographer is actually scanning your card or you'll never see anything! Your pics will wind up on the NEXT guys scan!
    First Visit at the age of 12, July 17, 1968.
    First Ride, The Disneyland and Santa Fe Railroad.
    BRING BACK THE PEOPLE MOVER!

Thanks for the heads up, I nearly always travel by myself, is this worth doing if it's just me?

• Future Indy Castmember

Thanks for the heads up, I nearly always travel by myself, is this worth doing if it's just me?
    Of course! I use Photopass all the time in conjunction with my own camera.

It really boils down to you to decide. But if you go to a Character location, a Disney Photographer will always take your photo too. And they have there own stack of cards too, which means you will end up with a photopass card anyway.

The other benefit of the website is cool. If you want, you can upload your own pics from your camera and add a Disney touch to them. But you must have an account first. And the photos you upload lasts for 30 days as well.

Check out the
    MICECHAT Duffy Forum

The colors of Earth, Sea and Sky. Beauty i'm told, is ours to behold. In the wonderful world of color.

• Minion

We used photopass on our last trip, and we came home and created a calendar online with the pictures. You can put up to 3 pictures per month on it (you pick out of all your pics they have taken) and I think it was around $20 to buy. Way more affordable than ordering just one picture at around $11 each.
    Have a great trip!

Wink Re: Photo Pass Question

Booked...once again thanks for all the Info

• Wishing upon a star....

I love the Photo Pass. I always have them take pictures with their camera and mine but 90% of the time I buy their pictures. I have learned just to shell out the money for the picture CD so that I can print as many as I want and so can the rest of my party.

Although I need to figure out how to Photo Shop the pictures if possible, because my last big trip was with my friend and her boyfriend and he was in EVERY picture and didn't let us do any girls only ones. Even when I said "Do you have to be in every picture?" And he said yes because he wasn't going anywhere. Of course they broke up and he turned out to be a jerk....but I see his stupid face every time I pass my Disney picture area in my hall.

Sorry that last bit was off topic....

Like the poster above, we too have got into using this resource and then just purchase the disc. I think its about $60 for the disc, but since we know at the end of the trip that is what we are going to do, we really go overboard to take a lot of pictures of our family and the kids at all of the different spots. We have our own cameras too, but I like the photopass.

they will consolidate too onto the disc so if you forget your photo pass, no biggie just get another one then go to any of the photo stores at either park and they will show you your pictures and do the consolidation for you. It does take some time though for them to pull them up, etc, so give yourself some time maybe 1 hour total for line, view, make disc pay etc...just to be safe.

• Seeker of Fun

The Photo Pass is a great thing...however. I was a little dissapointed at the prices, and to be honest, the numerous pics of our family didn't turn out that well. Our Sony Cybershot took much better pics. Although I did fall for pics of my daughter and Ariel at the Princess dinner. I think it was a 5x7 and 4 wallets....$30...yikes! Rip-off! But the pics were great!

• Future Indy Castmember

Quote Originally Posted by 4Apples4Disney View Post
    The Photo Pass is a great thing...however. I was a little dissapointed at the prices, and to be honest, the numerous pics of our family didn't turn out that well. Our Sony Cybershot took much better pics. Although I did fall for pics of my daughter and Ariel at the Princess dinner. I think it was a 5x7 and 4 wallets....$30...yikes! Rip-off! But the pics were great!
    Usually I just buy one 5x7 which isn't bad of a price. With the Premium AP's 10% off, it's a bit cheaper.

Check out the
    MICECHAT Duffy Forum

When I went to Disneyland a couple of years ago, the Photo Pass Photographer would also take a picture with your camera. Do they still do this? I'm going tomorrow by myself, for my first Halloweentime at Disneyland, and am hoping this is still the case.

Yes, they should take a picture with your camera also. I am also going tomorrow!