• Minion

Want to help me put our visit in the right order?

The unusual thing about this visit is that it is to celebrate my mother's 91st birthday, this coming Thursday (24th). She is in a wheelchair so we won't be going on many attractions, but her main interest in Disneyland has always been the live music. So this trip is much more oriented towards music and entertainment than it is towards rides and attractions. I'm hoping that some of the acts will be performing on Thursday. I just don't know when most of them will be performing. If you have any suggestions for the order I'd be very appreciative.
    Thanks!

Enter gate 10 a.m.
    Main Street music (Firehouse Band, Dapper Dans, Disneyland Band)
    Enchanted Tiki Room
    Billy Hill and the Hillbillies 11:15 a.m.
    Lunch
    Refreshment corner piano player
    Mark Twain Steamboat
    Disneyland Railroad from Frontierland to Fantasyland
    It's A Small World
    Dole Whip
    Trash Can Band Tomorrowland
    New Orleans Jazz Band, Cafe Orleans, French Market Jazz Band
    Flag Retreat ceremony 4:45 p.m.
    Leave park 5 p.m.

• Beach Expert

A beach town that Harbor Blvd was named after

Re: Want to help me put our visit in the right order?

Sounds ok. But the Tomorrowland trash can band only plays in the mornings. In the afternoon they move to DCA and do a similar routine but dresses like the Green Army Men fro Toy Story.

To be honest I advise skipping this if you are trying to entertain an elderly person. If this person has an ecclectic taste in music it might be ok. But IMO the rhythm and loudness of this performance might be too much for this person to really be worth going out of your way for.

• Keepin' it calsteady

I'd love to help you out, but you already know a lot more than I do. It sounds like it's going to be a wonderful birthday celebration!

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Weaver View Post
    ...So this trip is much more oriented towards music and entertainment than it is towards rides and attractions...

• Minion

Ok thanks for the suggestions. I think my Mom would appreciate the Main Street music and the N.O.S. jazz more than the trash can band. Maybe some other time. I've been studying the park's accessibility guide and I'm surprised how many attractions a guest can visit without once getting out of their wheelchair, due to special accessible vehicles: Tiki Room, Jungle Cruise, Winnie the Pooh, It's a Small World, Big Thunder Ranch, Golden Horseshoe, Honey I Shrunk the Audience, Mark Twain Steamboat, Disneyland: The First 50 Magical Years, Main St. Cinema, Monorail, and Disneyland Railroad at certain stations. They even have an "alternate experience" for Finding Nemo Submarine Voyage, a small theater where they show a HD video of what you see on the subs, they painstakingly videotaped it in HD for that purpose.

• Circle of Ancients

The M.O.O. (Marine Observation Outpost) on Nemo is BETTER than the ride. Your Mom will LOVE it. Just go to the main entrance and tell them you want to ride the Moo. They will let you right in.

•   
    • Skeevy Ray Vaughan

What a great list of things to do! Don't be rigid on your Tiki room tiome, it's always easy to get in there. Combine the dole whip with the tikiroom visit later, the line inside the ride is always shorter.

Get to the Billy Hill show early, perhaps you can tell them it's your Mom's 91 birthday and they can accomodate her with better viewing. I second SirClinkslot's suggest of the MOO on Nemo, great show and it's in a nice cool room..

Have fun!

Maybe you can get the Disney box for the Billy Hill show, pretty much anyone can sit in it.

The other musical suggestion is the show at Woody's has changed a bit, very musical these days, singing, etc.

• Minion

OK thanks to everyone for the great ideas.

I think there is also a handicapped accessible room for the Sleeping Beauty Castle walkthrough. I don't know much about it but I remember it being mentioned on MC before. Can someone confirm this and add more info?

Re: The Trash Can Band - my 82 year old grandmother loved them. She was also in a wheelchair and was an avid music lover and she always had so much fun watching and listening to the trash can band. She had liver cancer and on her last trip before she passed, trash can band was on her list of must sees. I dont think they are any louder than seeing Billie and the Hillbillies and it's a really cool show to see! Just my 2 cents!

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by Lalalex View Post
    I think there is also a handicapped accessible room for the Sleeping Beauty Castle walkthrough. I don't know much about it but I remember it being mentioned on MC before. Can someone confirm this and add more info?
    It's just a small room in the castle with a big flatscreen monitor that shows a computer generated version of the walkthrough. If you are inside the castle courtyard with the carousel behind you facing the castle, it's the door just to the left of main castle gate.

Hairy Baby!

• Minion

Well, I just now played three Youtube videos of the Trash Can Trio for her, and she frowned through all 3 of them, and I asked her, "didn't you like that at all?" and she shook her head. I guess there's a limit to musical tastes. I could never sit through a Hannah Montana or Jonas Brothers concert even if it were free with park admission. Oh well, I'm sure she'll enjoy the jazz in New Orleans and the piano player at Refreshment corner. Thanks everyone!