Talking Speaking of Dim Sum

Speaking of Dim Sum any suggestions? Anywhere from San Diego to Burbank up the 1-5.....

Re: Speaking of Dim Sum

Empress Pavillion (off the 101, but can be reached from the 5)

988 N Hill St Ste 201
    Los Angeles, CA 90012-1750
    (213) 617-9898

Huge dining room, amazingly delicious Dim Sum service on weekends. In Chinatown.

• Minion

I second The Empress Pavillion. No other place comes to my mind.

• insufferable know-it-all

I've heard tell of an ABC Seafood somewhere in Monterey Park, but never been there. However, a client served me Dim Sum she'd gotten from there (takeout) and it was wonderful.

Unusually and exceedingly peculiar and altogether quite impossible to describe...

• CM for 4 years!

Somewhere where the cart pushers speak enough Engilsht o tell you what each menu item is supposed to be. I only know one place, off of the 60 in Industry, but they don't speak a syllable of English there.
    Member of the Disney Class of 2005
    Disneyland CM for 4 years.
    May 6, 2005 - present.

• done

Quote Originally Posted by Morrigoon
    I've heard tell of an ABC Seafood somewhere in Monterey Park, but never been there. However, a client served me Dim Sum she'd gotten from there (takeout) and it was wonderful.
    Actually, I think it's NBC Seafood Restaurant. (I think ABC is in Chinatown. No, I don't know why they pick those names - I figure they just needed some random English name and decided to pick easy ones.) It's on Atlantic Blvd., just south of Garvey Avenue. One of my favorite places for dim sum, though it's usually quite crowded.

The restaurant (I forget its name) inside the Lincoln Plaza Hotel just off Garvey Avenue near Garfield Avenue has good dim sum as well.

Another new discovery we've made (though the restaurant has been there for a few years) is 888 Restaurant in San Gabriel, on Valley Blvd. It's a big restaurant, so there's not usually much of a wait.

In general, I prefer the Monterey Park restaurants partly because parking is so much easier. Venturing into Chinatown can be frustrating and frightening.

Quote Originally Posted by Melmel
    Somewhere where the cart pushers speak enough Engilsht o tell you what each menu item is supposed to be. I only know one place, off of the 60 in Industry, but they don't speak a syllable of English there.
    Given that most of the cart pushers are older Chinese women, your chances of finding some that speak a lot of English are slim. If they see that you can't speak to them, they'll usually just start lifting the covers off the dishes. Just point to what you want.