Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Saving money at Disneyland

Yes it is possible to save your remaining bits of money you might have once you make it into Disneyland but firstly you will need to prepare.

For day visitors:
    prepare sandwiches, snacks and beverages at home. Put some ice in a small cooler you can store these outside the park near the picnick area lockers. With a small daypack to carry various snacking items and fruits/waters for carting during the day.
    Savings= significant. Considering feeding a family of four in Disneyland or from a Disney property eatery will cost at least 14 dollars a person, your saving at least 50 dollars per meal if not much more!!!!

While staying at hotels: you can stock up on provisions from Costco, store these In a large cooler in your room/base. Have backpack to bring some snacks/small waters with you to to bring in the park.
    Savings=significant. Considering apples cost over 2 dollars each in Disneyland and waters are significantly more then that you will save a Large chunk of change.

Souveniers- well in the old days there were actually items kinds wanted that were unique to the park, that is no longer a concern you can find these souveniers pretty much anywhere and much cheaper. Take a picture of the item and search for it on line.
    Savings=significant

if you forgot to bring food in a locker or something happened have no fear, mcdonalds, mimi's and Ihop are directly across the street from the shuttle dropoff parking! Open late and very affordable you will still save a good amount of money and time going this route!! From mainstreet walk towards he exit and make a left those eateries are directly across the street.
    Savings=significant

I am sure there are many other ways to save lots of money once your at Disneyland what are your secrets?
    Last edited by CAspace; 09-23-2009 at 06:32 AM.

• We Want The Redhead

Re: Saving money at Disneyland

The best free souvenier is the park map and times guide. I still have my 1968 wall map and can revisit the park as I did my first time any time I choose simply by studying it for a while.
    First Visit at the age of 12, July 17, 1968.
    First Ride, The Disneyland and Santa Fe Railroad.
    BRING BACK THE PEOPLE MOVER!

• Senior Minion

Blog Entries

I have been known to put snack in my (huge) pockets so I dont have to have that extra meal of the Day.

• Darkbeer

Blog Entries

Stock up on Mayonnaise, Ketchup, Tabasco and Hot sauce....
    Check out my Theme Park Photos at http://darkbeer.smugmug.com

Quote Originally Posted by ttrocc7007 View Post
    The best free souvenier is the park map and times guide. I still have my 1968 wall map and can revisit the park as I did my first time any time I choose simply by studying it for a while.
    Those were truly fantastic. Those "free" park guides that you received on Entry were amazing. You can still find them on E-Bay.

DarkBeer: When you speak of "stocking up" on ketchup and hot sauce, I imagine that those condiments are now charged per use at Disneyland, considering a slice of tomato is now 99 cents, I imagine each condiment requested is at least 50 to 75 cents, can you confirm this?
    Thanks so much!

• I see mouse people

Blog Entries

As of Sunday, there's still no cost for condiments. But wait for it, I'm sure it's coming. I'm also waiting for the announcement that guests will no longer be able to bring food and beverages into the park. Just because we've always been able to doesn't mean that at some point some MBA wanna-be-exec isn't going to point out that they might possibly be losing money on food sales, and voila! no more food past the gates.

• Darkbeer

Blog Entries

In case you missed it....

The Tonight Show with Conan O'Brien - Disney Cutbacks (08/07/09) - Video - NBC.com

Get out that Garden Hose before winter!

I agree that the park maps are great souvenirs, and I always bring home an extra and file it away in the keepsakes album/box. I also like to keep FastPasses of our favorite rides and scrapbook them with pics of those rides. I've also kept all of our park passes. Autograph books, whether purchased at the park or not, are also great, and some of the girls favorite souvenirs. I also collect postcards from almost everywhere I go.

We make sure whatever hotel we stay at has a complimentary continental breakfast. The selection is usually meh, but its another meal you are not paying for in the park, or even at IHOP or McDonald's. You can usually also grab a piece of fruit or 2 and sometimes even wrapped muffins and whatnot to bring with you for later.

We always get into the park early and leave mid-afternoon for a swim. If we brought food, we can have lunch at the hotel. Most rooms come with small fridges, and sometimes microwave ovens, for such convenience. Or you can eat at McD's. Again, another off-site meal; big savings!

Places like Redd Rocket's Pizza Port have HUGE servings of pasta that my 2 kids split easily, and it is way less expensive than paying for 2 kids meals elsewhere. The girls and I even split a serving one night.

That's all I've got

Pizza Port pizza, 30 bucks, fed all 8 of us.
    I have spent 80 days of my life at Disneyland.

• Darkbeer

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Swellpixiegirl View Post
    Places like Redd Rocket's Pizza Port have HUGE servings of pasta that my 2 kids split easily, and it is way less expensive than paying for 2 kids meals elsewhere. The girls and I even split a serving one night.
    Sounds like you haven't been to RRPP lately, home of the ever shrinking pasta plates!

• Quality not quantity

There are a lot of ways to save on a day at Disney. On our recent SoCal trip my family of four, looked at the options and based on the single day rates, we selected option B:

Quote Originally Posted by Joshua
    A strange game. The only winning move is not to play. How about a nice game of chess?
    And visited Universal City walk instead.
    "Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it's time to pause and reflect."

-Mark Twain

Quote Originally Posted by Moonliner View Post
    There are a lot of ways to save on a day at Disney. On our recent SoCal trip my family of four, looked at the options and based on the single day rates, we selected option B:

And visited Universal City walk instead.
    Hopefully someone with clout will read this post and actually care about day visitors experiences other then focusing solely on local monthly club "Members"/regulars.

----

I am wondering do you think I could get Domino's to deliver to the front gate? How about the picnic area? Shuttle drop off?

• Darkbeer

Blog Entries

OK, just off the top of my head....

One day at Disneyland - $72 and no current SoCal specials

Knott's - $30 with a couple of cans of food to be donated

SFMM - $30 online

USH - about $50 with a coupon, but you can get an AP for less than $70

Quote Originally Posted by Darkbeer View Post
    Sounds like you haven't been to RRPP lately, home of the ever shrinking pasta plates!
    That was a shrunken plate?!?!?! There was so much food! We were just there, August 21-24.

• Jeanne, like the lamp!

though most of that is correct, Ihop across the street is just as expensive as in the park. We got an omelet and 2 cokes and it was $30!
    otherwise though, i love it! ill be doing all i can to save during Halloweentime!

and they lived happily ever after

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast