Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Pineapple Queen

Disneyland CM Benefits?

In light of Al's most recent article, I was wondering what are all the benefits that CMs have currently? I know that way back in the day, wages and benefits were really great, and then a few decades later things got cut and there were protests etc, but not all that much changed for the good of the CM.

Could any of you cast members list what benefits you have currently? (Out of curiosity, and perhaps if any suits, and I believe they do, go on these boards and read what we say, they could take a step back and review the situation at hand).

• Sock Puppet

Re: Disneyland CM Benefits?

The last time I was working at the park (2001), my only real benefits was a pass to sign in friends at the main gate (only 12 times a year though). when I was a cast member in the 80's, this privilege was unlimited. My only other benefit was getting 20% off of merch at the stores. Also, maybe a cast member exclusive, like a button, litho, etc... Discounts to WDW

Again I was onlt part time status, cause I had a real job, although I worked nearly 80 hours a week.

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Pineapple Queen

*bump*

Quote Originally Posted by TENORDRUMMER
    The last time I was working at the park (2001), my only real benefits was a pass to sign in friends at the main gate (only 12 times a year though). when I was a cast member in the 80's, this privilege was unlimited. My only other benefit was getting 20% off of merch at the stores. Also, maybe a cast member exclusive, like a button, litho, etc... Discounts to WDW

Again I was onlt part time status, cause I had a real job, although I worked nearly 80 hours a week.
    Cast Members at the Disney Store get similar. But only the managers get to sign people in for free, and it is unlimited. The regular Cast Members, like myself, only get three free tickets per year. We only get Cast Member Discounts at the store and not the park. After Disney made the stupid decision to sell the Disney Store, we lost all of our Disneyland Park perks and benefits. But all Disneyland Resort Cast Members, Except Downtown Disney (excluding World of Disney), can get discounts both at the parks AND at the store.

• Pirate Girl

I am not a CM. But I had a friend who until he recently moved out of state worked DLR security. He told me something(I wish I could remember it correctly as it was about 3 yrs ago) like they got points for riding a bike to work and carpooling and stuff. I'm not sure what the points(or whatever they were) got them. But I think it was good. I know I am totally not any help here. Sorry.

They get to shop at Company D/the Team Center and buy Disney merch for cheap, Cast exclusive pins and other(Sea World, Universal, Knotts, etc.) park tickets for discounted prices.

The opportunity to be in the canoe races, Minnie's Moonlight Madness, Little Monsters On Main Street, attend the CM Holiday Party, company picnic, can shop at the Burbank Studios store.

CMs correct me if I am wrong.

Aprille :-)

You also get 16 main gate sign-ins a year.. For each sign-in you can bring either 3 people OR your dependents into the park (whichever is more). The sign-ins are good for every disney park in the world except for Tokyo.

In addition, when you hire in, you have a 20% discount. At 3 years it increases to 35%. There are the usual medical, dental, and vision benefits for part time and full time employees (as well as CR-25's). There's also the option to buy stock from the employee purchase plan, and some CMs have the ability to join the 401k plan. There is a union pension if you work more than a certain # of years. Also, after 15 years you get a silver pass which guarantees you main gate admissions, and your 35% discount, for life..

I'm sure there are more. I just can't think of what they are.

• Minion

CRs and above also get vacation pay varying from 2 weeks (for new hires) to 5 weeks a year (for someone who's worked there like over 20 years).

Another Benefit: They screen major disney new releases as they come out for free. And theres a GREAT credit union (partners) that has amazing rates for car loans.

The scary thing is they're trying to cut down the number of cms who get benefits! BOOO

• CM for 4 years!

CR-25 is going to be eliminated.

Additionally, any new foods hires (after October 2004) DO NOT get any vacation hours, especially not paid ones. Food CMs have four paid holidays: Memorial Day, Thanksgiving, Christmas Day, and (I think) New Year's Day. For the "probationary period" (the first four months of employment) a CM does not recieve holiday pay.

Foods CMs are now obligated to wear company-issued shoes.

I can sign in myself and three guests into the park up to 16 times per calendar year. In the summer, I recieve two complimentary park tickets to be used any day. In the winter, I recieve two complimentary park tickets to be used any day.

Foods CMs may recieve free drinks at their location (not resort-wide).

20% off of merchendise in the first three years, 35% thereafter.

Access to Company D, a store which sells deeply discounted park merchendise for cast members.
    Member of the Disney Class of 2005
    Disneyland CM for 4 years.
    May 6, 2005 - present.

• Former CM

Quote Originally Posted by prillzilla
    I am not a CM. But I had a friend who until he recently moved out of state worked DLR security. He told me something(I wish I could remember it correctly as it was about 3 yrs ago) like they got points for riding a bike to work and carpooling and stuff. I'm not sure what the points(or whatever they were) got them. But I think it was good. I know I am totally not any help here. Sorry.

Aprille :-)
    There was a ride share/Alt Transportation program when I was there and I bet it is still there. You would get points for every time you used it. You could then redeem the points for different thing including money and merchandise. I used the program for many years and it was great to use.

• Minion

Yes 1 dollar a day for carpooling/being dropped off/bike riding/taking the bus. Driving a hybrid is $.50 a day. Also they have free/heavily discounted bus passes.

• Dont make me unfriend you

When I worked in A night Time Custodian, we had a CM Safety Program. We were put into teams of about 25 CM's. If nobody on your team missed a day of work due to Workman's Comp, everybody on the team got $100 and their name placed in for a drawing of prizes. Then each quarter, there was a drawing, Small TV's CD players, Game Boys, some shirts and stuff were the drawing prizes.

But the $100 every 3 months, was nice too. That was only if nobody on your team missed a day due to workman's comp.

I have a friend of a friend whose been there 30 years.He's got unlimited signing perks.Whenever I want to go,I tell him how many people I'm bringing.When my wife and kids go,he brings one of his friends from his department(it is 3 guests per employee).If it wasn't for him,I wouldn't have been able to take my kids 3 times in the past year.I still spend a couple of hundred bucks when I go.That's what admission would cost anyway.He told me that when attendance is down,bringing in guest is encouraged to help the daily numbers.Well they haven't needed any help this summer.
    Last edited by jessdogg420; 10-13-2005 at 09:17 AM.

• Disney Nerd

Quote Originally Posted by melmel
    Foods CMs may recieve free drinks at their location (not resort-wide).
    this is only when we're on the clock. i cant go to say village haus when i'm in the park with friends and get a coke.

the drinks for food employees isn't a disney perk though, it's a state law type of thing. dont ask me why, but ask anyone who works at any resturant anywhere...they get free drinks, on the clock.

we have the same benefits here at Disneyland Paris and we've got our Main Gate Pass to get free Tickets to Disneyland California , Walt Disney World but i'm not sure HKDL.
    HKDL : Done !!!

• love my friends

Talking Re: Disneyland CM Benefits?

I am currently a CM... we get benifits (medical, dental),, the main gate passes (to get freiends and family in throughout the year) twice a year they mail us complimentary passes (so we can go to the parks when there are black out dates).....

we also get other freebies.. like free tickets to some Dinsey movies which play at AMC downtown disney...... and other eexclusive cast events.. Like little monsters which is coming up this month.. its where you can take your kids and family to DCA for a halloween event.. they trick or treat around the park, also at christmas they have a exclisive cast christmas party at disneyland for you and yoru family.. and there are other events which i cant remember off hand

the maingate pass can be used at Disney paris, disneyworld, tokyo and NOW hong kong..

plus of course your 20% off at the stores and restuaruants throught the parks and downtown disney (after you have been there for 3 years ) you recieve 35% off

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast