• Premium Youngling and

Refurbishments Coming To Disneyland

So I was just checking the online Disney calendar, and it shows POTC going down from the 28th of September through the 2nd of October

Also, the calendar is showing Indy as being closed the 5th through the 8th of October... I can't remember the last time Indy went down, even for such a short period time

Anybody know whats on the to-do list for these attractions that can be done in such a short period of time? HALLOWEEN OVERLAY???

Re: Refurbishments Coming To Disneyland

Since both periods are so short, they are probably just very minor things. Minor repairs on Indy, and maybe updating some AA's on POTC.

• Future Cast Member

Quote Originally Posted by Abominable Snowman View Post
    So I was just checking the online Disney calendar, and it shows POTC going down from the 28th of September through the 2nd of October

Also, the calendar is showing Indy as being closed the 5th through the 8th of October... I can't remember the last time Indy went down, even for such a short period time

Anybody know whats on the to-do list for these attractions that can be done in such a short period of time? HALLOWEEN OVERLAY???
    that would be cool! I can see how that's possible. I mean, they may not have had time to get them done by September 25th because they were busy with Ghost Galaxy and the new fireworks, Halloween Screams, as well as other things they allready have been doing every year, like decorations around the resort and Haunted Mansion Holiday.

• Wishing upon a star....

When scheduled closures are this short, do they usually open back up on time? Or do they often extend past the projected days?

• Banned User

I doubt they'd get Halloween overlays. That's just too short a time limit for that. They would have announced it, like Ghost Galaxy, too.

• Future Indy Castmember

Quote Originally Posted by Gandalf75 View Post
    When scheduled closures are this short, do they usually open back up on time? Or do they often extend past the projected days?
    Usually they open back up in time. All these short clousures are just to give the rides a quick fix up before the busy period kicks in because a long refurb shouldn't be happening during the gap between the off-season and the Holiday season.

Since Indy's down from the 5th-8th, it should re-open on the 9th. Same applies for POTC's scheduled refurb of the 28th-2nd.

Duffeteer Society of Tenders, Artists & Romantics
    Check out the
    MICECHAT Duffy Forum
    Bringing the Love since January 10, 2011

The world is a treasure trove of places.
    The colors of Earth, Sea and Sky. Beauty i'm told, is ours to behold. In the wonderful world of color.
    Indy Ride Count: 2211
    World of Color Count: 74

• Wishing upon a star....

Quote Originally Posted by The Forbidden Eye View Post
    Usually they open back up in time. All these short clousures are just to give the rides a quick fix up before the busy period kicks in because a long refurb shouldn't be happening during the gap between the off-season and the Holiday season.

Since Indy's down from the 5th-8th, it should re-open on the 9th. Same applies for POTC's scheduled refurb of the 28th-2nd.

Thanks! That is good news. We are there from the 8th to the 10th and I can live without riding Indy the first day but it would totally suck if it was closed all three days. My husband is most looking forward to trying out Indy out of all the rides.