Lightbulb Parades and crowds CAN mix!

My idea is that since disney's California adventure is such a unused park, that maybe they should concentrate on moving and doing "ALL" parades in california adventure.
    My first point is this : they are crowd raiser no matter where it is, its proven by the party bash, they litteraly see crowds leave disneyland to go to DCA during the parade times and then head back to disneyland after its over.
    My second point is : Disneyland is overwelmed by the parades and to try and walk through disneyland (or get anywhere for that matter) is basically impossible and inpassable .

My main purpose to move the parades is to make it more visible for all guests since the area of the parade routes would be larger in DCA, and keep the gridlock of people traffic from ever stopping the rest of the NON-paraders from clogging disneyland and letting it continue with out the parade hassle. Plus all the guests that do love a parades can enjoy it with a better viewing area like the spacious DCA does offer.

MY family and I have always enjoyed the room that it offers when we see the past electrical light parade and the newest party bash at DCA side, never a bad place on the route. But seeing a parade and trying to get a spot along the disneyland route is hard to find a spot and "campout" ahead of time and all that.

I just believe that it would benefit everyone overall and both parks as well.
    See you all at Disneyland!!
    "I may never grow up! Its so over rated."
    But as my kids do grow up, I am Glad they have enjoyed the Disney Magic.

• Behind the refurb walls..

Blog Entries

Re: Parades and crowds CAN mix!

I disagree... A parade is a disneyland tradition, ruin that tradition, and you've taken something special away from disneyland. You take away some of the magic, they both have there own parades.. if you move parades over to DCA, they'll still just go over for the parade, then go back to Disneyland... I think you should let them do what there doing, by re-doing DCA. There going to head in the right path. Things take time, but don't take stuff away that makes disney special!

~ Here you leave today and enter the world of yesterday tomorrow and fantasy
    ~

• Lost in Wonderland

The surroundings along a parade route can add or detract from a parade. I love watching parades on Main Street or Town Square in Disneyland. It's a wonderful atmosphere. Especially for the Electrical Parade (when it ran in Disneyland), one of the neatest things was waiting for the moment that the music started and all of the Main Street store-front lights would be turned off. As a kid, I always dreamed of being the person who would flip the switch that turned off all of those lights.

Similarly, Fantasmic creates crowding and traffic in New Orleans Square, but I would never want it moved from there. It's neat to see a place that you can walk around during the daytime get magically transformed into a stage for a nighttime spectacular. That's partly why Walt Disney World's version of Fantasmic isn't as good as ours.

And what about fireworks? That creates a horrible traffic nightmare, but we wouldn't want it moved to DCA.

Also, with December approaching, I prefer to have the Candlelight Procession held in Town Square, right in front of the train station. There isn't as much seating as when they held it in the Fantasyland Theater, but the setting is so much nicer in Town Square. Sure, it creates horrible traffic problems, but I wouldn't want it held anywhere else.

• Lost in Wonderland

Quote Originally Posted by RadioDisneyTech
    My first point is this : they are crowd raiser no matter where it is, its proven by the party bash, they litteraly see crowds leave disneyland to go to DCA during the parade times and then head back to disneyland after its over.
    I disagree with you. Go watch Block Party and you'll see that there are people watching it in Sunshine Plaza, but hardly any people further down the route. Now if Block Party were running in Disneyland, I'm pretty sure you would have crowds all the way down the parade route, not just in one area.

If you don't think that is true, consider the Electrical Parade. When it ran in Disneyland, it had crowds watching all along the parade route. When it ran in DCA, there would be people in Sunshine Plaza, but few or no people near Paradise Pier.

So if you put a parade in DCA, you automatically lose thousands of viewers.

Blog Entries

^ I agree, and I'd rather disneyland have the parades! As I said, it's tradition, and it's that detail that makes disneyland special!

~

Quote Originally Posted by Moving Sidewalk
    I disagree with you. Go watch Block Party and you'll see that there are people watching it in Sunshine Plaza, but hardly any people further down the route. Now if Block Party were running in Disneyland, I'm pretty sure you would have crowds all the way down the parade route, not just in one area.

If you don't think that is true, consider the Electrical Parade. When it ran in Disneyland, it had crowds watching all along the parade route. When it ran in DCA, there would be people in Sunshine Plaza, but few or no people near Paradise Pier.

So if you put a parade in DCA, you automatically lose thousands of viewers.

the crowds you speak of, come from Disneyland and head for Sunshine Plaza. Sunshine Plaza is near the gate where they enter...and close to the exit, which they want as soon as it is over. there is no "crowd" along the rest of the route due to the lack of attendance in the rest of Disney's California Adventure.

if there are 10,000 guests spread out in DCA and 60,000 in Disneyland, it is not difficult to have guests spread out along the length of Disneyland's parade route...conversely, clustered together in Sunshine Plaza in order to make a quick exit.

Blog Entries

The fact of the matter is, would you want to see Remember... Dreams Come True or Fantasmic in DCA? No! Same with parades! DCA can have it's parade, disneyland can have it's parade..

~