Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

In the past I would attend Disenyland once a month with my friends and family since we all have annual passes. We would meet up for lunch and stay the rest of the day. We used to SPEND all of our MONEY in the park until the food prices became ridiculous.

But lately I have been visiting the resort more due to the fact that I came down with MyoCarditis (Viral Infection of the Heart) and have used the resort as a place for me to rehabilitate my heart with exercise (walking). I make a complete loop through both parks and then I do a ride or two. Then I walk the length of Downtown Disney and back to the car.

5 times in the last 13 months at about 4 grand a visit.(We stay on property)There are 6 of us so we need either 2 rooms or a suite.Oh, the humanity of it all!

• Do I seem familiar?

Nowadays, even if I get a chance to go to DLR, it's with a friend I met while working at DLR. Or I see if other friends are catching the D.U.H. shows for the day. But, since I rarely go anymore (*sniff*), it seems as though I don't have regular folks to go with.

• Wide-eyed Tourist

We're on the "one week every other year" plan, but hope to upgrade to every year soon! My wife and I honeymooned in '01, and in '03 we brought her brother Adam (age 12 at the time), our nephew Taylor (5), and our daughter Roxy (1). And Evelyn (daughter #2) stowed away in mommy's tummy. That trip was a little stressful, but also a ton of fun. My avatar is Taylor's 1st trip on Splash Mountain. Okay, maybe it was a little cruel to put him in front, but it quickly became his favorite ride anyway :o .

This year we're bringing our girls and my mom, so that will be nice to have adults outnumbering kids again . Don't get me wrong, though, I LOVE bringing kids, my own or otherwise! It's so much more fun when you can watch their faces light up at the magic all around them. However, it will also be very nice to have mom there to take the girls on Winnie the Pooh while I sneak off with my gal to ride Splash Mountain!

• -Going Retro-

Quote Originally Posted by dsnylndmom
    I vote for the end of March so we can make this the third trip in a row that we got to hang out together Which of course would be quickly followed by trip #4 together in July and Hmmm what do you know #5 in Oct.

Sounds perfect! The question is, can everyone deal with us around each other for 5 trips

• Rally Vixen

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Disguy

Sounds perfect! The question is, can everyone deal with us around each other for 5 trips
    I will be there, and as long as you keep my Pimp Cup filled, I will tolerate anything!
    Anything listed on the park maps as an attraction is fair game for inclusion in the Rally.
    I cannot confirm nor deny the inclusion of any attraction in the Rally.

May the Gumballs Be with You...Always.

NO GOATS!

• loves a silver lining

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by mamabot
    I will be there, and as long as you keep my Pimp Cup filled, I will tolerate anything!

Only if you promise NOT to lose your pants this time :devil:

Delta Mu Chi Alpha ΔΜΧΑ

• Zapp's Minion :D

Quote Originally Posted by dsnylndmom
    Only if you promise NOT to lose your pants this time :devil:

I'll be there in July.

Quote Originally Posted by timberterror
    Since I live in Washington, about once every couple of years is all.
    You are not from Spokane by chance are you? Between the location and your handle being the same name as a great wood rollercoaster at Silverwood Theme park up here, just made me curious...

• This Maid Loves it!!

Im there 5 days a week!..but when Im not playing the role of cast member, I tend to bring friends, or another cast member, maybe 3 times a month.
    'When hinges creek in doorless chambers..and strange and frightening sounds echo through the halls..whenever candlelights flicker..where the air is deathly still..That is the time when ghosts are present, practicing their terror with ghoulish delight.'

*Space Mountain re-launches July 15 2005*

^V^ "I Make Ride Go!" ^V^

• My Children's Father

Let's see .... I seem to go in fits and starts ...

From age 4-23 averaged once every two years, average two-day stays, with family in younger years, friends in later years ....

One one-day trip after getting married, couple years later a 3-dayer with DW, followed by another three-dayer for my firstborn's 4th, and yet another two years later (for #2 son's 4th), which the wife and I converted to APs, which got used maybe once every other month. Let the APs expire, then got them for the whole family a couple of years later (once my daughter hit 4). Went once a month after that, sometimes the whole fam, sometimes just me and 1 kid ....let the passes expire (fall '03) ..... have not been back since ..... BUT ....... going back in November (263 days and counting) for 4 days with the family and my brother's family. We'll be getting APs (cheaper than a 4-day PH), but I'm not sure how often we'll get back .... hopefully once a month or so .... in no particular order, the three things that keep me from going more are time, money, and my wife's finite capacity for the parks (especially when crowded)........
    "She's taking everything. She's taking the house, she's taking the kid, she's taking the dog. IT'S NOT EVEN HER DOG. IT'S MY DOG! SHE'S TAKING . . . MY DOG!"
    - Ron Livingston, "Band of Brothers"

• How's your conscience?

My hubby and I are APers in Northern California, and manage to make it to the parks about 15 days a year - 2-6 days per trip. Will be there Mar. 14-18 and July 15-18 for the 50th. But, we are probably not going to renew our APs this year. As much as I love DL, we need to take vacations in other places too while we're young! I know we'll still go once a year or so, but there is a great big world I still want to see!

• (maybe they're right!)

We go once every 3 weeks or so....

My wife and I just spent the weekend at the DH for her birthday without the kids....nice B-day dinner for her at the Blue Bayou... (had to go back the next day for lunch for a Monte Cristo!)

We usually spend about a week-10 days each summer at the DLH ...

Sept 2004, we went to WDW for 10 days...the Animal Kingdom Lodge is really wonderful!

Kevin

• e komo mai

I've been averaging every four months or so. If I had my way, every weekend. But that would be expensive... especially driving from Monterey.

When I went to Chapman University... I was at DL every weekend.

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast