Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Maybe becoming an AP holder again, but couple ?'s

Like the title says. I'm thinking about becoming a AP holder again, but not sure on a couple things. I recieved that Backstage Pass book in the mail today and it stated I can do monthly payments. My question is since I live in Nor Cal is that possible or is it still just for So Cal residents?

Also, saw on craigslist a couple selling two annual passes that were given as gifts for 250. They have a family of four and they can't afford to buy passes for there two kids. Yes I know sounds shady, but my question is if it was legit how do I transfer the AP they have to show my name and info? Can that even be done?
    DL Trips: '86, '87, '88, '89, '91, '92, '93, '94, '95, '96, '97, '98, '99, '00, '01, '02, '03, '04, '05, '06, '07, '08, '09, '10, '11, '12, '13...

•   
      MiceChat Moderator
    • Super Duper!

Re: Maybe becoming an AP holder again, but couple ?'s

1) Monthly payments are only for SoCal residents, sorry.

2) Never trust anyone selling tickets online. It's illegal, and can can wind you up in an embarrassing situation, at the least.
    UPDATE: Man arrested for selling fake Disneyland passes - Around Disney - OCRegister.com

The craiglist thing is a no, I was just curious how that would be possible to transfer over a pass when there info is already on that pass. It doesn't make sense to me.

I've heard some Nor Cal residents having payment plans, but how rare is that and is there anyone here for Nor Cal that has there AP set up that way? Its a long shot I know, but it would sure make it easier to buy. Thanks dland_lover for the info.
    DL Trips: '86, '87, '88, '89, '91, '92, '93, '94, '95, '96, '97, '98, '99, '00, '01, '02, '03, '04, '05, '06, '07, '08, '09, '10, '11, '12, '13...

• Future Cast Member

It's not that dangerous buying tickets online if you research the seller's feedback, but passes are non-transferable, sorry.

• Future Cast Member

Also, I don't think it's possible to live in Northern California and have payment plans. Maybe they have a house here as well or something? Other than that, it's not possible right now to have payment plans if you live outside of the zip codes they require you to live in to be considered a SoCal resident.

• Not a Minion

I would advise against online selling of tickets. However, if you must do it, meet at the park and be sure the tickets work before going inside.

• Future Cast Member

^ you should probably meet in Downtown Disney. They have people watching outside the park and will catch you.

429 out right is tough, but I find it better since I'll prolly be going this month and in Dec. for the Christmas time as well as next year. A 2day or 3day pass each visit becomes a waste IMO since I would have payed for the pass after my visits already.

Darn Disney and there bias of payment plans

•   
      MiceChat Moderator
    • Super Duper!

Quote Originally Posted by ♥disney.princess♥ View Post
    passes are non-transferable
    Which is exactly what makes it moot-point whether, or not, it's risky to buy them online. You can't transfer them, legally.

I'm kind of in a non-tolerating mood right now for grey-areas. Dealing too much with them has made them all quite black-and-white for me recently. Sorry if I'm coming across too strong.

•   
      MiceChat Moderator
    • Super Duper!

Quote Originally Posted by Explicit View Post
    429 out right is tough, but I find it better since I'll prolly be going this month and in Dec. for the Christmas time as well as next year. A 2day or 3day pass each visit becomes a waste IMO since I would have payed for the pass after my visits already.

Darn Disney and there bias of payment plans
    I, personally, want them to DROP the stupid payment plans, as they bring in an ungodly amount of people! The parks are much more crowded now, more than they used to be. Well, when the SoCal passes can get in, anyways. Saturdays are the safe haven, now.

•   
    • Support MC - Go GOLD!

Quote Originally Posted by dland_lover View Post
    I, personally, want them to DROP the stupid payment plans, as they bring in an ungodly amount of people! The parks are much more crowded now, more than they used to be. Well, when the SoCal passes can get in, anyways. Saturdays are the safe haven, now.
    I don't visit much, but I agree
    I think the payment plan should be dropped
    But I see why they started it (but don't condone it).
    The best way to make ppl forget that the prices were raised is allowing them to make small payments.
    Quote by Al:
    To that end I'd like the Internet community to join me in reminding the Disney company that "it all started with Walt." As you can see below we've created some T-shirts, plus a few simple graphics that you can copy and paste into your websites to let folks know how you feel.
    -Al Lutz

I don't blame you guys for not liking the payment plan thing, but when your told either pay all of it now or pay some a different parts, at the moment that's a better way of doing. And trust me I'm one who hates monthly payment plans. Guess I'm trying to find hope as to why i could get a AP again after a few years of not having one.

• Cars Land Rocks!

I don't disagree that buying tickets online is risking. However, if the annual passes were given as gifts, ie: Costco, they are technically not annual passes until they are processed at the park. They are basically vouchers for annual passes.

• Waxing Nostalgic

Explicit, if you can't afford to get the premium pass outright but want to get a little structure break in prices, you can buy a lower pass and then upgrade as you have more money. For example, you could get a Deluxe pass which has virtually no blockout dates until Thanksgiving weekend, add parking on the day you visit the resort if you go when you're not blocked out, then upgrade to Premium when you want to go during peak times when Deluxe is blocked out. It's a bit of a hassle to wait in line at the ticket booths, but it's the only option I can think of. Hope this helps.

Quote Originally Posted by OC2Epcot View Post
    I don't disagree that buying tickets online is risking. However, if the annual passes were given as gifts, ie: Costco, they are technically not annual passes until they are processed at the park. They are basically vouchers for annual passes.
    They are vouchers as I just checked. So no info is on them. They do say its a Disney vacation club tickets that can be processed for anyone.

Also Figment that's another route I might go.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast