• Photographer/Disney Lover

Fantasmic Reserved Seating

Hello!

To introduce myself, I am a 5 year AP holder at the DLR. I love photography and love Disneyland. Its just something I cannot get enough of! I will be here in the forums as much as I can giving light to those who want whatever I can offer. I live 30 minutes from DLR so I go roughly 3 times or more a month.

Anyway,

I am getting my girlfriend a delux ap, and for a special event, I want to do the priority seating for Fantasmic. However, I know nothing about it at all. I know you can get seating for it, but I dont know how much it is, and how it works...So if you would be so kind, share what you know.

Thanks!

PS: You can call me Jeremy if you prefer names.

• oh bugger

Re: Fantasmic Reserved Seating

Jeremy,

You can find many a thread about this very topic, but if searching around isn't your cup of tea here is the skinny.

You are able to purchase tickets 30 days in advance for either the balcony seating which is very limited or the riverfront seating which has more availability. All tickets are $56 per person and include beverage and dessert. Make sure to show up about half an hour before your scheduled show time in order to grab the best desserts and settle in on good seats before the show starts.

Call (714) 781-DINE (3463) to make your reservations. You need to call exactly 30 days before your intended date otherwise you'll probably be out of luck. I had to be a little flexible when I made reservations for my trip this past week, and that was for mid-October in the off season.

Good luck trying to get the balcony seating, it holds roughly 8 people or so per show, so call the Disney dine line a few minutes before 8am (pacific time) and just keep dialing until you get through.

It is a fun thing to do once or twice, and the balcony is clearly the better option if you get the chance. Best of luck and happy viewing.

JAson

• 6 kids before I'm 30!!!!

oh and FYI If they still have seating available you are seated on first come first served based on reservations not when you check in at The Disney Gallery. So try and ask if you were the first to reserve for that day. Usually the first reserved seats is the front row which is about 5 or 6. When we went on May 5 2005 there was about 12 people squeezed in there. But all the seats are great you feel very VIP up there. Enjoy and good luck.
    We rock the party that rocks the party!
    We are truly a new generation of the Brady Bunch!

• Imaginative Possibilities

I took my girlfriend there for her bday this september and she loved it. True it was a bit crammed in there, but in either case it was a very nice experience. Especially considering it was the first time she had ever seen the show fully. the seats were 112 for the both of us, and well worth the money, i must say. Just show up a little early before the show to guarantee yourself the best seating possible.

• 'Taint sure it's puddin!

Grump, I had just forgotten about my bad experience.....

Call early in the morning on the 30th day out, and immediately say "2 for fantasmic viewing, late show. etc." I tried to get seating for this trip, and was told at 8:02 (after being on hold since 7:55 - they open at 8:00) that they were already sold out

Good luck!
    "Search the boat...."
    First works spoken by Captain Nemo (James Mason) in the Disney classic - 20,000 Leagues Under The Sea

PROUD Member Of................

Do you MiceChat?
    There are several ways for you to help support the site you love:
    - visit the MiceChat store
    - Make a donation with one of the boxes at the bottom of the page
    Whatever you do, your help is much appreciated!

• Minion

They had fifteen people three out of the four times I've done it, and 18 the the last time.

•   
      MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • .-- . .-.. -.-. --- -- .

Yes, exactly what jurgenb52 & NemoZorro said about the 30th day. I didn't know about this when I tried to make reservations for my anniversary and called like three weeks out. I know I was imagining it, but I swear I could hear the reservation CM laughing when I asked if they had any available. She told me exactly what NemoZorro said that they fill up in the first few minutes of when they become available.
    Stalking is when two people go for a long romantic walk together but only one of them knows about it.

• Photographer/Disney Lover

Thanks for the info guys, great help. I have seen Fantasmic many a time, but from what I gather you enjoyed it more from up there eh? Sounds like good fun! The view sounds great!

Here is a little more detail if you want it on both the Balcony & Riverfront seating. Riverfront is very close to the water (you can feel the heat when the river catches on fire! and serves a dessert buffet with the following: chocolate dipped strawberries, a large shortbread cookie filled with raspberry and dipped in white chocolate that had been tinted lavender with small gold stars on it, a coconut macaroon, chocolate coated biscotti and a Mickey Mouse shaped rice krispy treat dipped in chocolate with Mickey's face drawn on it in White Chocolate! You are offered your choice of assorted drinks – coffee, tea, sodas, bottled water, or lemonade.

The Balcony is next to the Disney Gallery above Pirates of the Carribbean. The balcony is more centered and higher up and you also feel more "special!". The desserts were more upscale at the balcony - cheesecake, carrot cake, black forest cake, fritters, fruit plates & cheese plates as well as drinks. The price for both the balcony and riverfront is $56 per person but the Riverfront does offer a discount for kids ($10 less). The desserts are better on the balcony and you are dead center but it feels a little more crowded – they seat up to 22 people up there. The Riverfront offers more room which can be good with kids. I personally prefer the Balcony but if they are sold out, will “settle” for Riverfront. They also seat you differently. Fantasmic Balcony seating is done in order of original ticket purchase, and seating is 30 min before showtime. Riverfront seating check-in is 1 hour before showtime, seating is 30 min before and is done by check-in order.
    Call 714-781-4400 to make reservations 30 days prior to when you want to go - for 11/15, you would call on 10/15. And start dialing a little before 8 am and keep hitting redial! It is a wonderful treat and a great way to see Fantasmic!
    EM EYE SEE KAY EE WHY EM OH YOU ES EE

• DLR -> WDW Cast Member

FYI, from what I understand there is no balcony seating available until the end of this month, it's just not being offered.

Vacation Planning called today to let me know I have reservations for Riverside Seating on November 12! I'm so excited. We tried to see Fantasmic at WDW, but DS vomited on me as we sat in our seats. Hopefully we have better luck this time! If you have a room at one of the resort hotels Vacation Planning will do the leg work for you. I probably would have overslept or forgotten to call.