Page 11 of 15 FirstFirst ... 891011121314 ... LastLast

• ---------------

Re: Indiana Jones Adventure Major Refurbishment in 2010?

Quote Originally Posted by Babs09 View Post
    I think they need to let you go through the 2 other doors and maybe have a different entrance to each because it is annoying going through the middle... and if they do use all doors with each having a different entrance... maybe have them all intersect into the one track.... and have the car " break " before continuing onto the journey ( Have it break because you need to wait for the car ahead )

~babs
    There is no "second door" per se.
    It's all an illusion.
    One door, one track with the illusion of the possibility of going through 3 different doors.
    There would be the headache of three separate tracks and and there's really no room to even make it so there can be three separate tracks in the beg. of the ride.

The illusion has always worked fine. They just need to fix the illusion, or make it so it's always "on".
    Quote by Al:
    To that end I'd like the Internet community to join me in reminding the Disney company that "it all started with Walt." As you can see below we've created some T-shirts, plus a few simple graphics that you can copy and paste into your websites to let folks know how you feel.
    -Al Lutz

• ---------------

Quote Originally Posted by Pokesomi View Post
    i dont know. It seems to be cheaper to me to knock it down and rebuild. Plus if they play it smart they might be able to get a decent discount
    I don't know how it would be cheaper (unless they all worked for free)
    and this isn't Costco where if you buy in bulk, you get a better deal.
    Quote by Al:
    To that end I'd like the Internet community to join me in reminding the Disney company that "it all started with Walt." As you can see below we've created some T-shirts, plus a few simple graphics that you can copy and paste into your websites to let folks know how you feel.
    -Al Lutz

• We Go On.

^DLFreak71... it seems to me like those posts you quoted are very old. I believe we discussed them at length already. Might want to review the rest of the thread.

• ---------------

Quote Originally Posted by 19MWT55 View Post
    ^ I always thought Hannah Montana belonged just beyond the gates of doom anyway.
    I would accept her being in the ride if the gates of doomed swallowed her up or she turned into dust
    Quote by Al:
    -Al Lutz

• ---------------

Quote Originally Posted by WDITrent View Post
    ^DLFreak71... it seems to me like those posts you quoted are very old. I believe we discussed them at length already. Might want to review the rest of the thread.
    Yeah, I noticed that
    I read, then comment.
    Quote by Al:
    -Al Lutz

Interesting thread. I went on it a couple times last Feb, and I felt like it was not as great as I remembered. In fact my girlfriend had never been on the ride and was not really impressed. No fire, no fear of flying out of car, etc. I thought I might have just built it up in my mind (I road it the year it first opened when I was in college and a few times until a long "Disney break" from 1998-last year and thought it was amazing). Apparently they did let it slide a bit.

So as of the most recent re-programming, are all the "new" cars using the better (old) movements now? I'm going next week so I'll have to give it a few rides to see. Really to me it just needs the fire, better vehicle movement, and a bit less day glow paint. Also less light perhaps?

• Future Indy Castmember

Quote Originally Posted by brian11811 View Post

So as of the most recent re-programming, are all the "new" cars using the better (old) movements now? I'm going next week so I'll have to give it a few rides to see. Really to me it just needs the fire, better vehicle movement, and a bit less day glow paint. Also less light perhaps?
    To answer your question, they only installled the new programming into certain jeeps. Each jeep has it's own system that is suppose to gve a different ride experience. Some took the new programming well and some otheres didn't which caused some instances on the ride being down.

I would say that as of now, they are still installing the new programming into the rest of the jeeps and testing them out each night.

Duffeteer Society of Tenders, Artists & Romantics
    Check out the
    MICECHAT Duffy Forum
    Bringing the Love since January 10, 2011

The world is a treasure trove of places.
    The colors of Earth, Sea and Sky. Beauty i'm told, is ours to behold. In the wonderful world of color.
    Indy Ride Count: 2211
    World of Color Count: 74

• Nill

All fire effects have been working quite well for a while now. Keep in mind that the commercials you see from 1995 had extra pyrotechnic effects added just for the commercial filming.

Occasionally the fire in the eye will go out. I have no clue what causes it, but it just happens occasionally.

The new programming is still VERY rare. I've only witnessed it personally once. So even if you get on a vehicle with the programming, it doesn't mean that the new program will be executed. There is a definite element of luck involved.

• hatbox ghost believer

I went last Sunday (12/06/09) and everything seemed to be working fine, except for the rats. They were a no show! Other than that, a wonderful ride-through!
    Jon A. Leslie
    nojarama
    http://www.nojarama.com

Quote Originally Posted by nojarama View Post
    I went last Sunday (12/06/09) and everything seemed to be working fine, except for the rats. They were a no show! Other than that, a wonderful ride-through!
    rats were working again this past tuesday

• Nill

The smoke screen turns off throughout the day, and I think it's a heating issue. Just like consumer fog machines overheat, so does this one. So if it's completely clear when you go past it, it probably has been working throughout the day, but you caught it at a time that it overheated.

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by brian11811 View Post
    Interesting thread. I went on it a couple times last Feb, and I felt like it was not as great as I remembered. In fact my girlfriend had never been on the ride and was not really impressed. No fire, no fear of flying out of car, etc. I thought I might have just built it up in my mind (I road it the year it first opened when I was in college and a few times until a long "Disney break" from 1998-last year and thought it was amazing). Apparently they did let it slide a bit.

I would think that if anything, the evolved programming would have smarter coding that reduces the amount of impact stresses on the hydraulic components at the expense of the all out thrill effect found in the early generation programming.

In previous posts it was mentioned that new generation vehicles could easily be built to replace the current ones. What actually has been happening is that these vehicles have been getting individual hardware updates here and there instead of a full on update. It has been going on for quite some time, even when I was working there back in 2000 we would see whole vehicles getting shipped away to a special assembly building out of town for weeks or months and when they came back they would have totally different behavior tendancies in response to the programming (which is not updated). So by now we could very well be in the era of a new ride vehicle version and not even know it. These things really are like RC cars when you take their shells off. I was lucky enough to be able to see the vehicles in the maintenance bay with their tops off.

• Old Member

Quote Originally Posted by The Forbidden Eye View Post
    To answer your question, they only installled the new programming into certain jeeps. Each jeep has it's own system that is suppose to gve a different ride experience. Some took the new programming well and some otheres didn't which caused some instances on the ride being down.

I would say that as of now, they are still installing the new programming into the rest of the jeeps and testing them out each night.

Wait there was a programing update? As of when?

• Future Indy Castmember

Quote Originally Posted by Weekly-Visitor View Post
    Wait there was a programing update? As of when?
    It began before the mini Indy refurb. But it's only been a certain group of EMV's that got it.

Duffeteer Society of Tenders, Artists & Romantics
    Check out the
    MICECHAT Duffy Forum
    Bringing the Love since January 10, 2011

The world is a treasure trove of places.
    The colors of Earth, Sea and Sky. Beauty i'm told, is ours to behold. In the wonderful world of color.
    Indy Ride Count: 2211
    World of Color Count: 74

• Old Member

Do you have a date?

Quote Originally Posted by The Forbidden Eye View Post
    It began before the mini Indy refurb. But it's only been a certain group of EMV's that got it.

Page 11 of 15 FirstFirst ... 891011121314 ... LastLast