Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst 12345613 ... LastLast

• Peaches and Dreams

Re: Indiana Jones Adventure Major Refurbishment in 2010?

better not happen during MAH trip ah tell you whut!

The few things I think need to be worked on are the following:

1.) new AA's for indy
    2.) fire effects repaired
    3.) blow dart room. get rid of the rave paint and put in rock work that looks like carvings from the walls.
    4.) rat room, clean up the fim and the effect or abandon and start over

• Johnny and Me!

And another effect that never seems to work: Sallah's voice at the unload area. No matter what Chamber of Destiny you go through, he says "If you drank too much from the fountain of youth, we will be happy to assist you with strollers. Heh heh!"

• Once upon a dream

I think they need to let you go through the 2 other doors and maybe have a different entrance to each because it is annoying going through the middle... and if they do use all doors with each having a different entrance... maybe have them all intersect into the one track.... and have the car " break " before continuing onto the journey ( Have it break because you need to wait for the car ahead )

~babs

• 3rd shift

double post...my bad
    Last edited by Chewyoates77; 10-07-2009 at 05:35 PM.
    dude, where is my milkshake!

• 3rd shift

Quote Originally Posted by Wavy Blue View Post
    New animatronic with Harrison Ford's voice would be even nicer. D:
    will never happen...he wants no part of the indy ride... he could have made a lot of money if he would let disney use his voice
    dude, where is my milkshake!

• Future Indy Castmember

Quote Originally Posted by Babs09 View Post
    I think they need to let you go through the 2 other doors and maybe have a different entrance to each because it is annoying going through the middle... and if they do use all doors with each having a different entrance... maybe have them all intersect into the one track.... and have the car " break " before continuing onto the journey ( Have it break because you need to wait for the car ahead )

~babs
    Thats a horrible idea. You want to get rid of a nice illusion that WDI made with the three doors? I suppose that you want the jeeps to actually back up in the boulder scene too?

That would make the ride even more complex and cause it to break down more than it currently does now.

Duffeteer Society of Tenders, Artists & Romantics
    Check out the
    MICECHAT Duffy Forum
    Bringing the Love since January 10, 2011

The world is a treasure trove of places.
    The colors of Earth, Sea and Sky. Beauty i'm told, is ours to behold. In the wonderful world of color.
    Indy Ride Count: 2211
    World of Color Count: 74

• Yeti Enthusiast

Quote Originally Posted by themur View Post
    Where is Data to show us with his awesome renderings that it would be physically impossible without immense capital investment to tie the ride back to the Jungle Cruise.

Not a fancy 3D rendering, but that's what you have to work with.

I'd say the easiest thing to go about doing something like that would be to bring the Jungle Cruise to Indy, rather than the other way around. The biggest hurdle in doing this would probably be the Disneyland Railroad, which would need some sort of elevated bridge or trestle to go over any southward additions to the Jungle Cruise.

Building an outdoor section to Indy would also be extremely tricky, especially since the interior layout is extremely complicated and spans two floors. And you also have the outdoor queue area to worry about but I think that's underground and mostly out of the way by the time you get to the show building.

And of course doing anything like this would be an "immense capital investment", as it would involve some major construction on three attractions. This is what you'd call a very blue sky idea. Keep in mind though...at the rate they're abusing the ride, parts of Indy will eventually need to be gutted and completely rebuilt. They're going to have to spend some major cash on it at some point. DL hasn't seen a major E-ticket since 1995 with Indy. If they aren't going to build any more, they should at least plus and improve the ones they have.

• Sock Puppet

I was at Disneyland on September 25th and I happened to ride one of my personal favorites Indiana Jones. Lo and behold when we enter the grand chamber of the horrific burning skull, there was no burning skull. Well at least not the main plume spewing a mass of flames through it's eye socket warming the entire show building. And the projection of bugs in that dark tunnel area. The one where they are projected on the fog screen. It was totally and noticeably absent. As previously noted in this thread the ride vehicles seem much less forceful and exciting as they used to be. Especially right before the ball goes past. But really it was anticlimactic without the flame behind the skull. It's almost like being on the ride with the lights on. That's the best way i can describe it. Obviously it's not quite that bad, but having the expectation and then being let down honestly made me feel like the ride was shut down. They need to remedy that situation quickly in my opinion. Refurb away!

Indy is so broke he can't buy a churro!
    Matthew

• WDW Daily News *****

Being a WDW veteran and only recently visiting DL a few times, I absolutely LOVE Indiana Jones Adventure and wish WDW would add it. To me it seems like such a great ride and I didnt think it needed any refurb, but again I have only been able to ride it a few times.

Whatever needs to be done I just have my fingers crossed that it will make its way to WDW soon!!
    We are proud to be a MiceChat Partner Website!

• We Go On.

Quote Originally Posted by Babs09 View Post

~babs
    You don't understand the effect. That exactly cannot happen and the effect you want already happens (minus the thematical and mechanical catastrophies). Anyone want to explain it? I know there are other members on these boards that can explain it much better than I can *cough*DATAMEISTER*cough* Whew! Need some water.

• MiceChat Moderator
    • Super Duper!

I'd love to see the entire rat room section replaced with something la the scene in The Last Crusade, where Indy has to go through that chamber with all the saw blades flying around. Imagine how awesome that would be: driving along, and BAM saw blades flying overhead, to the side and "below" you. Scary stuff!

• Senior Minion

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by WDWDN View Post
    Being a WDW veteran and only recently visiting DL a few times, I absolutely LOVE Indiana Jones Adventure and wish WDW would add it. To me it seems like such a great ride and I didnt think it needed any refurb, but again I have only been able to ride it a few times.

Whatever needs to be done I just have my fingers crossed that it will make its way to WDW soon!!
    I hate to say it but don't hold your breathe, Indy is one of the only Disneyland only attractions and I think Disney plans to keep it that way.

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by JerrodDRagon View Post
    I hate to say it but don't hold your breathe, Indy is one of the only Disneyland only attractions and I think Disney plans to keep it that way.
    Yeah, at this point they probably see it as one of the key reasons that people on the east coast would want to travel further and visit Disneyland, as opposed to going to WDW for the umpteenth time. WDW already has a lot of attractions not available in Anaheim; DLR needs some exclusives, too.

By the way, does anyone know what is being done in the current refurb?

Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst 12345613 ... LastLast