Page 4 of 15 FirstFirst 123456714 ... LastLast

• Minion

Re: Indiana Jones Adventure Major Refurbishment in 2010?

They should secure Harrison Ford's likeness for the animatronics on this go-'round.

• hatbox ghost believer

Thumbs up Re: Indiana Jones Adventure Major Refurbishment in 2010?

I'm all for a refurb myself. The ride is wonderful, but a little plussing will make it even better!
    Jon A. Leslie
    nojarama
    http://www.nojarama.com

Ok I need to clear up some of the confusion. I know exactly what they are changing!

A friend of mine works at Disneyland. He operates Indy from time to time. I don't want to give too much information about him because I don't think he was allowed to tell anyone but for whatever reason he tells me EVERYTHING.

The original plans were to have a major refurb next year to replace ALL the Indy animatronics with more life like animatronics similar to the new Jack Sparrows in Pirates. But instead they are testing ONE of them right now. They are replacing the one that holds the doors at the opening. Right now he stands with his back to the doors. But the new one will hold the doors "facing" them with his left hand sort of "barred" over the doors. When your jeep pulls up he turns around to you and waves his arm and points down the path you are supposed to go. It might actually be the other way around. I think he holds the door with his right arm and points with the left. At least that would make more sense.

So they are only replacing one of them but it sounds pretty cool. I don't know if they are chaning anything else though. I really doubt it because the ride is only going to be closed for a maximum of one week. I don't think they could do much else.

Oh and you guys might know but he tells me a lot how the ride works and all the updates they do. He told me that two of the jeeps actually have newer software and have a much bumpier ride. He wouldn't tell me the numbers of the jeeps though =P I think hes just messing with me because I really want to know! And the reason it breaks down too much is because the technology in the jeeps is more advanced than the track. So usually the computer will try to speak to the track and the track is like,"No way! I'm out!" So when you say the ride is behind the times you're actually totally wrong. Its still too far ahead!

I'm not sure if you guys knew all that or not I just thought I would inform you all

• Shopping With You

But don't Dinosaur and Journey to the Center of the Earth use the same vehicle?

Also Tokyo DisneySea has Indiana Jones, but that probably doesn't cut into DL attendance like having it at WDW would.

• Sock Puppet

hey a new indy aa is good news to me.

• Shopping With You

Yeah, the AA are definitely a good thing to be replaced.

Yes Dinosaur and the Disney Sea Indy both use the same ride vehicles as DL Indy does.

I started following threads on Usenet about this ride when it was being built. I was so psyched to ride it but never got the chance until this summer. Sadly it's really hard to wow someone after nearly twenty years of HYPE. My imagination expected something like the original concept drawings...

My main thoughts on a refurb would be:

Re-do the room with the flat "statues" shooting air darts. It looks very cheesy and unrealistic. At least make it look like its sculpted into a wall and not just flat dayglo paint.

Enhance some of the darker areas of the ride. A little more light coming from mysterious cracks, another scene or two, improved bug and rat room, etc.

And adding the real Harrison Ford voice over and likeness to all the Indy animatronics.

That would remove most of the nitpicks I have about it.

• Shopping With You

I seem to recall the TDS Indy has sculptures/reliefs in the dart area.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Bungle View Post
    I seem to recall the TDS Indy has sculptures/reliefs in the dart area.
    Yeah I've read this too. I think the track layout at DL is such that there is actually no room on either side of the walls to do anything better.

What about a Hall of Mirrors effect with projectors or AA's in the ceiling reflected onto the walls like the haunted house? Make it more spooky, like the end of Raiders of the Lost Ark maybe.

Ultimately I would prefer if that room looked exactly like the set from the opening of Raiders

• Shopping With You

Add face-melting!

• Sock Puppet

funny... with face melting and then the human sacrifice in the temple of doom this ride could have been much darker than it is.

• Senior Minion

Blog Entries

^it would be cool if they added a mirror and "your faces metaled off"

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • The Future is in RED?

Moving, somewhere in time...but mostly stuck in SoCal in the County of Orange

Exclamation Re: Indiana Jones Adventure Major Refurbishment in 2010?

Quote Originally Posted by JerrodDRagon View Post
    ^it would be cool if they added a mirror and "your faces metaled off"
    I think this would bad to a guest's experience @ DL(besides, I think some of the little ones would see it as being very frightening and the family's would complain how bad it is for a child's imagination.)

Timekeeper.

• Imaginhistory

I would agree that the dart scene could use some advanced updates. The walls, while cleverly painted, are more comedic than frightening when compared to the other portions of the ride. I think statues replacing the skeleton paintings would provide a much more realistic look, and one more reflecting upon the film itself.

Think of the opening scene of Raider's of the Lost Arc, the set was very dirty. It had vines everywhere, in a cave, and it felt like something was going to go wrong. The bright lighting sets it up too easily in the ride, and statues and a bit darker of a room would be a better effect in my opinion.

• Future Cast Member

Wait, so in about a week, we'll see a new Indy AA?

Page 4 of 15 FirstFirst 123456714 ... LastLast