Page 5 of 15 FirstFirst ... 2345678 ... LastLast

• Senior Minion

Blog Entries

Re: Indiana Jones Adventure Major Refurbishment in 2010?

^well it comes back from a 4 day refurb tomorrow we'll see if this rumor is true or not. If it is then I give Disney props for doing so much at one time (Halloween, Space Mountain, The Gallery, and Half of Lincolns exhibit)

• Nill

Quote Originally Posted by MattH5 View Post
    Ok I need to clear up some of the confusion. I know exactly what they are changing!

A friend of mine works at Disneyland. He operates Indy from time to time. I don't want to give too much information about him because I don't think he was allowed to tell anyone but for whatever reason he tells me EVERYTHING.

The original plans were to have a major refurb next year to replace ALL the Indy animatronics with more life like animatronics similar to the new Jack Sparrows in Pirates. But instead they are testing ONE of them right now. They are replacing the one that holds the doors at the opening. Right now he stands with his back to the doors. But the new one will hold the doors "facing" them with his left hand sort of "barred" over the doors. When your jeep pulls up he turns around to you and waves his arm and points down the path you are supposed to go. It might actually be the other way around. I think he holds the door with his right arm and points with the left. At least that would make more sense.

So they are only replacing one of them but it sounds pretty cool. I don't know if they are chaning anything else though. I really doubt it because the ride is only going to be closed for a maximum of one week. I don't think they could do much else.

Oh and you guys might know but he tells me a lot how the ride works and all the updates they do. He told me that two of the jeeps actually have newer software and have a much bumpier ride. He wouldn't tell me the numbers of the jeeps though =P I think hes just messing with me because I really want to know! And the reason it breaks down too much is because the technology in the jeeps is more advanced than the track. So usually the computer will try to speak to the track and the track is like,"No way! I'm out!" So when you say the ride is behind the times you're actually totally wrong. Its still too far ahead!

I'm not sure if you guys knew all that or not I just thought I would inform you all
    Heh.

Numbers 10, 15, and 16 have new programming. Maybe a few more....I haven't been there in a few weeks. They have been slowly adding the new programs to the transports overnight and testing them to make sure they don't spazz out.

The track isn't exactly lower in technology. It's main function is to provide power to the transports. It also has sensors positioned throughout to track the progress of the transports. There are also odometers on the actual bogies of the transports that also keep track of how far they have traveled. If the two values don't add up, for say sensor 4 is at 400 feet but the transport has only recorded 350 feet of travel, then a 101 occurs. Those aren't exact numbers.....I just used them as an example.

The transports also communicate to a main computer (wayside interface) and also to each other. If any discrepencies occur, then a 101 occurs. Each transport has 2 computers, the RCC (Ride Control Computer) and the RMC (Ride Monitoring Computer). If one finds some information wrong, it double checks with the other computer. If they both find something wrong it 101s. If only one finds something wrong, and the other doesn't, then the Grand Jury (The Wayside Interface) makes a decision cased upon more of it's own data. Hence the schizophrenic nature of the transports.

• Nill

Quote Originally Posted by dfan07 View Post
    And another effect that never seems to work: Sallah's voice at the unload area. No matter what Chamber of Destiny you go through, he says "If you drank too much from the fountain of youth, we will be happy to assist you with strollers. Heh heh!"
    The new programming has fixed that. Yay!

• Not like Crocodile Dundee

Adelaide, South Australia (8199 miles from DL)
    Blog Entries

I first rode Indy back in 1995 and it blew my mind. I last rode Indy in 1998, and it still blew my mind. Last month I rode it again. It seemed like a bumpy trip through a dark tunnel. All the rooms seemed like nothing was happening in the dark. The air dart effect wasn't working well, the main room didn't have the impact it used to (the lighting seemed all wrong and the giant snake comically leaned at the jeep in the same cheesy way the Universal Studios Jaws puffs at the trams.

I was really let down.

The question is, was Indy not working properly, or were my memories bigger than reality?

(On the other hand I LOVED Star Tours and rode that multiple times.)
    Disney FAQ#275: What is DCA?
    DCA stands for Disney Construction Area. All the Cast Members are themed with hard hats and steel toed boots.

Quote Originally Posted by BurtGummer View Post
    The new programming has fixed that. Yay!
    Really? That's great news!
    Matthew

• Shopping With You

That snake's always been quite weak, from what I recall. I visited in 2006 and 2009.

• Knows Where His Towel Is

I dunno...the snake seemed quite scary when I was 10 years old. Not exactly the demographic Disney is shooting for with Indy, but hey, it's something, right?

INTERGALACTIC WRITER FOR THE HITCHHIKER'S GUIDE TO THE GALAXY
    HOOPY FROODS:thinkingofdisney11, DisneyIzz, A113, dmtnt55, MikeSkellington, zephr, Incrediboy, JungleCruiseFan, PerformerInWaiting, MainStreetJake, The Disneylander, littleactressann, DapperJoshua, padgerfan, SS77, DisneyLove, GummiBears_Rock, fangalicious44, animekiti4christ, *disneyprincess*, monorailorange33, Colorized, iskategoofy, stevo505, mandypandy, williamtheking, CaptainEO,Atis, firebolt413, cocoa, WendyInWonderland, ICe101, itsxxdomoxxkun, esquivel

FOLLOW ME ON TWITTER!
    ASK ME ANYTHING! :: FORMSPRING.ME
    FOLLOW MY BLOG: <>

• Shopping With You

Yeah, maybe it would have scared me if I were younger. I turn 30 this month, for reference.

• Banned User

Heh.

Numbers 10, 15, and 16 have new programming. Maybe a few more....I haven't been there in a few weeks. They have been slowly adding the new programs to the transports overnight and testing them to make sure they don't spazz out.

The track isn't exactly lower in technology. It's main function is to provide power to the transports. It also has sensors positioned throughout to track the progress of the transports. There are also odometers on the actual bogies of the transports that also keep track of how far they have traveled. If the two values don't add up, for say sensor 4 is at 400 feet but the transport has only recorded 350 feet of travel, then a 101 occurs. Those aren't exact numbers.....I just used them as an example.

The transports also communicate to a main computer (wayside interface) and also to each other. If any discrepencies occur, then a 101 occurs. Each transport has 2 computers, the RCC (Ride Control Computer) and the RMC (Ride Monitoring Computer). If one finds some information wrong, it double checks with the other computer. If they both find something wrong it 101s. If only one finds something wrong, and the other doesn't, then the Grand Jury (The Wayside Interface) makes a decision cased upon more of it's own data. Hence the schizophrenic nature of the transports.
    Sounds kind've like the intrusion system in the Rocket Rods.

• Senior Minion

Blog Entries

Anyone ride it yet and see the new Indy?

• Premium Youngling and

I rode it today and posted a thread about it but idk where it went!

The first AA was changed

Heh.

I think he just summed it up in simpler terms for me to understand lol.

• Nill

Quote Originally Posted by MattH5 View Post
    I think he just summed it up in simpler terms for me to understand lol.
    Simpler? Sweet, haha. I tend to make things more confusing and hard to understand, lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Abominable Snowman View Post
    I rode it today and posted a thread about it but idk where it went!

The first AA was changed
    Chaged how?
    Matthew

• Death Certificate on hand

Rode Indy this morning and I do like the new AA at the Gates of Doom.

As to the likeness issue, I was told shortly after the ride opened [by someone who should know] that the face on the AA was sculpted to resemble the actor who appears in the pre-show film as well as providing the voice [the surprising thing is that the resemblance is as good as it is]. Harrison Ford WOULD NOT allow his likeness to be used for this attraction [toys are negotiated under separate contracts].

Regarding fixing the existing effects, the pillar of flame in Mara's eye as you cross the bridge is working for the first time in months. Also, as we disembarked, Sallah actually commented on the gold we would have coming out of the trasure room. It has been so many years since I've heard anything but "...happy to assist you with strollers," that I'd almost forgotton that there had been other recordings.
    Madness takes its toll. Please have exact change.

Page 5 of 15 FirstFirst ... 2345678 ... LastLast