Page 6 of 15 FirstFirst ... 3456789 ... LastLast
Results 76 to 90 of 225
  1. #76

    • New Member
    • Offline

    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    48

    Re: Indiana Jones Adventure Major Refurbishment in 2010?

    Quote Originally Posted by Chewyoates77 View Post
    will never happen...he wants no part of the indy ride... he could have made a lot of money if he would let disney use his voice
    I believe Ford originally agreed to voice the AA's, as long has he didn't have to make any cameos for a commercial about the ride. There was apparently one employee who did not get this note and accidentally sent him the script for a commercial so Ford declined to participate at all.

    This is just what I've heard, but someone who knows better can verify that for me

    And I'm going tomorrow, I can't wait to see the new AA!

  2. #77

    • Member
    • Offline

    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Southern Oregon
    Posts
    499

    Re: Indiana Jones Adventure Major Refurbishment in 2010?

    Quote Originally Posted by MattH5 View Post
    Ok I need to clear up some of the confusion. I know exactly what they are changing!

    A friend of mine works at Disneyland. He operates Indy from time to time. I don't want to give too much information about him because I don't think he was allowed to tell anyone but for whatever reason he tells me EVERYTHING.

    The original plans were to have a major refurb next year to replace ALL the Indy animatronics with more life like animatronics similar to the new Jack Sparrows in Pirates. But instead they are testing ONE of them right now. They are replacing the one that holds the doors at the opening. Right now he stands with his back to the doors. But the new one will hold the doors "facing" them with his left hand sort of "barred" over the doors. When your jeep pulls up he turns around to you and waves his arm and points down the path you are supposed to go. It might actually be the other way around. I think he holds the door with his right arm and points with the left. At least that would make more sense.

    So they are only replacing one of them but it sounds pretty cool. I don't know if they are chaning anything else though. I really doubt it because the ride is only going to be closed for a maximum of one week. I don't think they could do much else.

    Oh and you guys might know but he tells me a lot how the ride works and all the updates they do. He told me that two of the jeeps actually have newer software and have a much bumpier ride. He wouldn't tell me the numbers of the jeeps though =P I think hes just messing with me because I really want to know! And the reason it breaks down too much is because the technology in the jeeps is more advanced than the track. So usually the computer will try to speak to the track and the track is like,"No way! I'm out!" So when you say the ride is behind the times you're actually totally wrong. Its still too far ahead!

    I'm not sure if you guys knew all that or not I just thought I would inform you all
    Good call!
    Matthew

  3. #78

    • Banned User
    • Offline

    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    San Diego
    Posts
    1,452

    Re: Indiana Jones Adventure Major Refurbishment in 2010?

    I would be satisfied if they replaced the AA and fixed the track to vehicle syncro issues so that it wouldn't emergency stop so much. Those things alone would be epic in my book.
    Last edited by WestsideCM99; 10-27-2009 at 08:17 PM. Reason: spelling is FUNdamental

  4. #79

    • Sock Puppet
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    New New York
    Posts
    558

    Re: Indiana Jones Adventure Major Refurbishment in 2010?

    I went yesterday and last wednesday. I have a question, the first Indy AA new, cuz it looked pretty much the same to me in the "advanced" department. I don't think that ride needs a major overhaul. It is enjoyable the way it is. What it needs is a technological overhaul so that the ride doesn't break down so frequently. You could add a new AA here and there, but that doesn't add to the experience of the ride.

    On a completely seperate note, is it me or does the snake not come down as far as it use to? And is that snake louder now to compensate for the fact that it doesn't lower its head as far down as before? Thanks

  5. #80

    • Banned User
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Montreal, Quebec, Canada
    Posts
    2,899

    Re: Indiana Jones Adventure Major Refurbishment in 2010?

    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Bungle View Post
    Add face-melting!
    And a loop, of course

  6. #81

    • Future Princess
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Sydney, Australia
    Posts
    1,435

    Re: Indiana Jones Adventure Major Refurbishment in 2010?

    Quote Originally Posted by matterhornlove31 View Post
    On a completely seperate note, is it me or does the snake not come down as far as it use to? And is that snake louder now to compensate for the fact that it doesn't lower its head as far down as before? Thanks
    I'm not entirely sure, but I agree that it doesn't seem to come down as far anymore. I was back there in 2007 and I thought it could stand to come a little bit further towards the jeeps.
    However I think that seeing as so much of the resort in general is being fixed up over the next few years, that doing a major fix up of IJA would put more strain on the WDI. Maybe I'm being a bit biased there, seeing as I'm coming all the way from Aussie in June/July 2010 to visit DL. But if they did decide to fix it up at all, I'd just hope they'd chose to do it in a much more off-peak time, rather than mid-2010 (summer) as suggested before, which to me, would be a peak season and a bad time to work on it.
    I can't wait to see the new AA though!

  7. #82

    • Member
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    157

    Re: Indiana Jones Adventure Major Refurbishment in 2010?

    Quote Originally Posted by BurtGummer View Post
    Heh.

    Numbers 10, 15, and 16 have new programming. Maybe a few more....I haven't been there in a few weeks. They have been slowly adding the new programs to the transports overnight and testing them to make sure they don't spazz out.
    .
    I musta been on one of those cars Sunday, I thought I was going to fall out we were bouncing around so much!
    "Once upon a time there was a Magic Kingdom
    made of hopes and childhood fantasies
    A timeless place where every land was filled with wonder
    A place where everyone who enters its gates will be given the gift of the
    Young at Heart"

  8. #83

    • MiceChat Moderator
    • Super Duper!
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    TARDIS
    Posts
    6,073

    Re: Indiana Jones Adventure Major Refurbishment in 2010?

    I've ridden with the new programming a couple times and must say that I LOVE it!! But is it only one new program that's being/going to be installed, or are the Imagineers doing a few different sequences so that it's not the same ride every time?

  9. #84

    • We Go On.
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    2,793

    Re: Indiana Jones Adventure Major Refurbishment in 2010?

    I'm so jealous of the people that have experienced the new programming.

  10. #85

    • Member
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    San Jose, CA
    Posts
    462

    Re: Indiana Jones Adventure Major Refurbishment in 2010?

    Quote Originally Posted by Young at Heart View Post
    I musta been on one of those cars Sunday, I thought I was going to fall out we were bouncing around so much!
    Same here. I rode Indy three times Saturday, the first one being very smooth and not much movement. The next two having more movement but certain problems ruining the ride (rat projection not working, retracting ball).

    Sunday was probably one of the best Indy's i've ever ridden. ALOT of movement, seemed faster, breaks harder. The way it SHOULD be. Was I on the newly programmed vehicles? If so, upgrade all of them ASAP!

  11. #86

    • Banned User
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    319

    Re: Indiana Jones Adventure Major Refurbishment in 2010?

    I rode it with the new programming a few weeks ago and really liked all the new recordings, really made the experience more "random." Although they could work on making the three rooms of promise at the beginning more "random." I can count of going through the middle room 90% of the time! Once recently I went in the visions of the future one and I thought it was really cool, with all the stars and blue lighting n' stuff.

  12. #87

    • Banned User
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    319

    Re: Indiana Jones Adventure Major Refurbishment in 2010?

    I think that the rat room should be updated, just like the spider rooms in the old WDW Haunted Mansion were completely redone. I would really like to see the "spilling water room" as seen in the Art of Disneyland book, with the water coming at the car through the pipe as the car tilts to the side. It really seems to me that the seen may have originally been planned there seeing as:
    -That is the least detailed seen in the whole ride and stands out
    -The car ALREADY tilts wayyyyy to the side as you navigate through that turn
    -it would fit thematically, with the rats and vines, etc, underground the main temple
    In addition to that I would like to see a more random hall of promise, and new three day skeletins in the dart room as well, similar in theme and style to Tokyo Disney Sea's I.J. que, with a ton of vines and wall paintings, etc.
    Also, I would like to see Imagineers to find a way to split up the que or exit line to allow a more effective fast pass, that would also allow more guests in the temple at a time. currently, the que is boring, since most of it is outside, and you go through the temple to fast, and the fastpass isn't very... fast.
    I think this update could be as big as the WDW haunted mansion too, and very effective.

  13. #88

    • Disney/Anime/Furry Fan
    • Online

    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    San Gabriel, California
    Posts
    1,185

    Re: Indiana Jones Adventure Major Refurbishment in 2010?

    Long explanation (Not for the faint at heart). Know your research about the attraction.

    When the Indiana Jones Adventure first opened in 1995. Everything is working and of course everything in the attraction was brand new. The jeeps did suffer wear and tear due to it's rough programming. That's why back in 1995-1999, the ride suffered more breakdowns. Because of the 101s that is caused from the Jeeps' computers and the main computer. Causing problems.

    Also, don't forget that the gas-powered generator outside from the temple was way louder and more convincing than it is now. They should fix the generator sounds and fix the belts that move it. Also it dust it off, because it is supposed to be very dusty like the temple. When I was at Disneyland this year recently, when I was waiting the queue outside the temple, one light bulb is dead from one of the 1930's lights. I was slightly disappointing that they didn't replace it. In the temple queue, some of the lights are brighter than the others mostly near the boarding station, while all others are pretty dimmed.

    The bright ones and the dimmed ones are all still flickering and blinking from the generator. But the lights in the boarding station is a bit too bright which doesn't follow the prop generator's actions. When it first came out obviously, that all the lights both outdoor and indoor are dimmed and dark as they are supposed to. As the generator powers it in a effective way.

    I don't get it why are people complaining that the old AA's lack much movement. Because, they have been using those Indy AA's since it opened, they only replace his hat, shirt, satchel, belts, pants, and face mask every month to year. Because of hydraulic fluids from the Indy audio-animatonic figure that leak from the body. Due to all every 15-17 jeep transports crossing through the loud and dark tunnels of the temple. Generating the sensors of each Indy AA everyday in every single minute or seconds.

    As for the old Indy AAs, small refurbs only replace some of the parts of Indy audio-animatronic figures for their joints and hardware. When it is new, they all moved fluidly, realistically, and less glitches. Because they were new at that time. Now, they have been suffering a lot from small maintained. As they were less focused as the EMV Jeeps require more attention than them. Now they have to focus both for the refurbishment.

    Back in 1995, the giant cobra who happens to be a female worked way better than it is now. She actually flick her head and fangs twice on every jeep. Very fast, like a real snake would if it is threatened. It was really fast for a giant AA to flick at guests at the transports. The fangs come out fast too and it doesn't move slow as the 2005 cobra is now. It got replaced, because it broke from wear and tear from the fast head flickering. So, the new cobra is slower than the old one and it does it once.

    For the Indy AA figures, they have less problems with their movements. No twitching or shaking. They were all stable and new at that time when it first opened. Like the people who complain about the Indy hanging out at the boulder chamber that he is motionless and his head and body moves less, is because he is he same one that was there in March 1995. Indy hanging in the boulder chamber moved a lot more fluid, faster, and realistically like he is in a panic when the boulder is triggered, moving his head, his body, and his legs at the same time, when the effect has started. Creating lots of panic to him and to the guests. Now, he moves much more slowly, because that Indy AA up there is old as the other 2 are. Also all those movements he made when the room goes backwards along him with it. Creating small problems for the hanging Indy figure on the rope. That's why he much more slowly. Yep, the one hanging definitely needs to get replaced and the even the one at the finale.

    They only replace his hat, gear, shirt, pants, and gear. Because I have seen most of the Indy AAs pictures from 1995 to now. Their face masks get replaced every year. That's why they look a little different from the old to present pictures and they don't look much anything like Harrison Ford and the actor in the pre-show.

    Now the new Indy audio-animatronic figure at the Gates of Doom and the Indy figure's face is now based off from the actor who played Indy for the pre-show film and opening debut in March 3, 1995. As all the old ones didn't represent any person that is based on. Only made from scratch.

    I know this, because I researched it. When I search through old pictures of the Indiana Jones Adventure. Try to look for old pictures of Indy AAs themselves from 1995 to present. All the Indy figures look different from their costumes and face. When they leak, it means they sweat from all the same hard work they done everyday and operating hour. They get touched and cleaned up every night for the next day. As for the Indy AA, his face now didn't need to get replaced every year as the old ones were, I think.

    The jeeps also moved a lot faster, the moved at maximum speed like 22 mph at that time. Their programs were a lot rougher and hard. Now replaced into something that is less prone into 101s and breakdowns.

    The mummy chamber had fans that worked like a charm and it felt you really are moving at a approximately simulated 60 mph! With the skeletons moving forward to you. As the jeeps avoids them.

    The lasers firing from Mara's decaying face shoot out more. The 'rocks' that fall from the ceiling when you first see the bridge.

    More fire and the lava looked more brighter and scarier.

    The giant cobra was green and it flicked twice and had faster movements.

    More effects behind Mara's decaying skull like a large fire behind it. The hologram of Mara's ghost was more clearer and louder. Also easier to see.

    The rat room is still the same. Same problems for it.

    The dart room was brighter and the compressed air is harder.

    The boulder moved faster towards you and the jeep moved backwards a lot faster than it is now. Actually the room going forward faster with Indy panicking more. Also a lot brighter, more strobe lights and fog smoke coming from the boulder, when the jeep is near it.

    The Indy at the finale operated more smoothly, less glitches, and no twitching. Random movements for each trip from the Jeep, more dialogue from Indy at the finale. I think he is missing some now. He moved more realistically that people might think he was a actor when it first opened. The lightning changes every month.

    Most of the effects have been going at it since 1995, but most of them are not working as they were now. Due all those of years of operating, even with the refurbishments.

    *Whew*...I think that explains most of it's problems and the how ride operated throughout the years with small changes to the Indy audio-animatronic figures.

  14. #89

    • Banned User
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Montreal, Quebec, Canada
    Posts
    2,899

    Re: Indiana Jones Adventure Major Refurbishment in 2010?

    Thanks for the writeup, Langen. I first rode Indy in 1998, and unfortunately only once because the of the long standby line. I do remember being startled by the snake, and the feeling that it was going to land right on top of me.

    When I visited DLR 10 years later in May '08, the snake looked cool, but really didn't make me jump. Of course, the surprise factor wasn't there anymore. The dart room is another of my favorite effects, and I think Disney needs to fix it before the refurb.

    I hope Indy will be in fine shape when we visit DLR in May of next year. Anyone know how long the refurb will last? It's high time they really fixed all the issues with the ride, and got it back (or at least close) to its former glory.

  15. #90

    • Nill
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    580

    Re: Indiana Jones Adventure Major Refurbishment in 2010?

    Quote Originally Posted by Casey Jr View Post
    Although they could work on making the three rooms of promise at the beginning more "random." I can count of going through the middle room 90% of the time! Once recently I went in the visions of the future one and I thought it was really cool, with all the stars and blue lighting n' stuff.
    It isn't random. If you know which doors the 2 transports ahead of you went in, then you will know which one you will go in.

    If L stands for "Left Door, R stands for "Right door", and M for "middle door", then this is the sequence beginning with the left door (future).

    LL-M-RR-M-LL-M-RR-M-LL .....and so on. Mathmatically speaking, you have an equal chance of going through any of the 3 doors if you get on the ride at random. The room can only rotate 1 door length because of the 18 second dispatch interval, along with the fact that if it moved after every transport, it would break down A LOT more than it does currently.

    Langen: Do you have proof the boulder and the room moved "faster"? The timing is so precisely done that I think it's been the same since it opened. If the room moved faster, the ball would seem as if it's approaching faster, which means it would have to spin faster, which in turn means the ball assembly itself would have to also move towards the jeep faster once the room decelerates. Whew, that was a mouthful!

    There's a lot more timing, speed tuning, and such that goes on in that room than people realize to get the effect to be believable. If one thing doesn't match up, it's a dead giveaway.

Page 6 of 15 FirstFirst ... 3456789 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. [Other] Indiana Jones Adventure on Roblox?
    By jesterjack in forum Disneyland Resort
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 05-29-2009, 05:06 AM
  2. Indiana Jones Adventure closed?
    By Turp in forum Disneyland Resort
    Replies: 19
    Last Post: 09-02-2007, 10:09 AM
  3. Indiana Jones Adventure - Couldn't we do better?
    By fizzog in forum Disneyland Paris
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 10-01-2006, 12:43 PM
  4. Indiana Jones Adventure music
    By Datameister in forum Disneyland Resort
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 03-26-2006, 01:16 PM
  5. Indiana Jones Adventure
    By TDR_Fan in forum Tokyo Disney Resort
    Replies: 110
    Last Post: 03-03-2006, 08:13 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •