View Poll Results: Should the hatbox ghost have any dialogue?

Voters
12. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, to add some character and humor to him

    1 8.33%
  • No, he should remain silent and mysterious

    9 75.00%
  • probably a maniacal laugh is only neccesary

    2 16.67%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 27
  1. #1

    • Sock Puppet
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    29

    Idea's for the Hat Box Ghost.

    Picture this. your sitting in a conference room with all your fellow Imagineers. They finally green light the proposal to bring back the infamous Hat Box Ghost. but with all the advances in technology over the years. whats the best way to implement this long lost character back into the HM?

    Here's a chance to just have a little fun and just imagine what the hat box ghost may be like "WHEN" he ever returns.

    -will he be back in the attic?
    -will they give him dialogue?
    -fully animated? or would he just stand there with his head in the box?

    just an idea to get things rolling. maybe the hat box ghost should be near the entrance of the attic, warning guests of Constance just around the corner. would probably say something like "You should meet my "Axe" wife, she's to die for" leaving them with a cackling voice.

    possibilities are endless.

  2. #2

    • .
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    3,923

    Re: Idea's for the Hat Box Ghost.

    You can't really "bring back" something that wasn't actually there in the first place...

  3. #3

    • Sock Puppet
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    29

    Re: Idea's for the Hat Box Ghost.

    The Hat box ghost was there, but for only a few weeks of the HM's opening. the effects weren't that convincing so they took him out.

  4. #4

    • Member
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Simi Valley, Cali
    Posts
    539

    Re: Idea's for the Hat Box Ghost.

    Quote Originally Posted by H@tB0xGh0st View Post
    Picture this. your sitting in a conference room with all your fellow Imagineers. They finally green light the proposal to bring back the infamous Hat Box Ghost. but with all the advances in technology over the years. whats the best way to implement this long lost character back into the HM?

    Here's a chance to just have a little fun and just imagine what the hat box ghost may be like "WHEN" he ever returns.

    -will he be back in the attic?
    -will they give him dialogue?
    -fully animated? or would he just stand there with his head in the box?

    just an idea to get things rolling. maybe the hat box ghost should be near the entrance of the attic, warning guests of Constance just around the corner. would probably say something like "You should meet my "Axe" wife, she's to die for" leaving them with a cackling voice.

    possibilities are endless.
    You will only have to wait until after they remove the HMH overlay in early Jauary. The HBG is said to finally return to the attraction early next year. As to how he will be changed we really wont know until we see him. However I'd like him to not speak and keep some of his mystery.

    Quote Originally Posted by mrfantasmic View Post
    You can't really "bring back" something that wasn't actually there in the first place...
    Where's the info to back your statement up? There are quite a few threads that already discuss the fact that HBG was actually in the attraction for both CM ride thru's before the ride was open to the public and even briefly when it was openned to the public. So they will definately be bringing back something that definately was there in the first place.

  5. #5

    • Sock Puppet
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    29

    Re: Idea's for the Hat Box Ghost.

    I made this thread just to have a little bit of fun. some imagination. not to debate whether or not he was "Technically there or not" just to have a little fun and just wonder what might be. not to push facts in peoples faces.

    Gosh for Disney fans you guys don't seem to have a light hearted attitude on the subject. I thought Disney was supposed to bring out your childhood. not some snobs on the debate team. have a little fun with the Idea. some *Imagination*

    Quote Originally Posted by Open_at_the_close View Post
    You will only have to wait until after they remove the HMH overlay in early Jauary. The HBG is said to finally return to the attraction early next year. As to how he will be changed we really wont know until we see him. However I'd like him to not speak and keep some of his mystery.
    yes I have heard that happening after this Holiday is over. hopefully it's all true.

    having him speak may give him personality and humor
    but also not having him speak as you say does give him some mysterious qualities.
    Last edited by H@tB0xGh0st; 09-29-2009 at 12:48 PM.

  6. #6

    • Not a Minion
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    1,753

    Re: Idea's for the Hat Box Ghost.

    Quote Originally Posted by H@tB0xGh0st View Post
    I made this thread just to have a little bit of fun. some imagination. not to debate whether or not he was "Technically there or not" just to have a little fun and just wonder what might be. not to push facts in peoples faces.

    Gosh for Disney fans you guys don't seem to have a light hearted attitude on the subject. I thought Disney was supposed to bring out your childhood. not some snobs on the debate team. have a little fun with the Idea. some *Imagination*
    Haha. We're disney geeks not imagineers here. We dream of being imagineers, but like to fight over the correct facts when it comes to Disney trivia

    I have my own share of corrections to throw out, but really, that'd make it off topic hehe

  7. #7

    • Member
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Simi Valley, Cali
    Posts
    539

    Re: Idea's for the Hat Box Ghost.

    I'm actually really excited for the return of HBG. Me being 26 years old my only experience with the character is just based on other peoples memories or pictures that have been posted up and shared.

    I hope they keep HBG as a non-speaking character; but adding more movement would cool. As for where he should be placed I think him staying in the attic would be agreat homage to his return.

  8. #8

    • Sock Puppet
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    29

    Re: Idea's for the Hat Box Ghost.

    Quote Originally Posted by ryanvalle View Post
    Haha. We're disney geeks not imagineers here. We dream of being imagineers, but like to fight over the correct facts when it comes to Disney trivia

    I have my own share of corrections to throw out, but really, that'd make it off topic hehe
    lol I too am a little guilty about packing my friends heads with disney trivia. I myself am really planning to be an imagineer someday. This is just a little bit of practice of what it may be like as an imagineer. and this is one of the few Online communities that have the know-how of what it could be like to be an imagineer. and as imagineer's anything is possible.

    Quote Originally Posted by Open_at_the_close View Post
    I'm actually really excited for the return of HBG. Me being 26 years old my only experience with the character is just based on other peoples memories or pictures that have been posted up and shared.

    I hope they keep HBG as a non-speaking character; but adding more movement would cool. As for where he should be placed I think him staying in the attic would be agreat homage to his return.
    lets just hope the rumors are true. It will be a nice addition to a classic ride. Disney has been doing alot of updates for it's rides, but adding in the hatbox ghost is more like reverting it back to it's original state. making the Haunted Mansion whole again lol.

    OFF TOPIC: I'm a bit of a disney purist, and I'm a little dissapointed with what they're doing to our beloved star tours. I heard they will be having the option of choosing your destination. so there are multiple ride expieriences and hopefully the original will still be there. Of course this is only a rumor so its not completely sure.
    Last edited by H@tB0xGh0st; 09-29-2009 at 01:02 PM.

  9. #9

    • New Member
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Monrovia, CA
    Posts
    315

    Re: Idea's for the Hat Box Ghost.

    I would like to see him standing outside the window sort of like he's peering into the attic so that you he is revealed to you as the doombuggy spins around to go backwards down the ramp and you have a view of him as you go down the ramp.

  10. #10

    • "I Break Things"
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    California
    Posts
    12,370

    Re: Idea's for the Hat Box Ghost.

    I'd hazard a guess and say the technology behind it will likely be LCD screens. Personally I don't care where he is placed but I would prefer a return of the old bride. I always had this impression that the wedding dress itself was haunted and brought the mannequin to life. If the Hatbox were to be a real item on your left with a "ghost" standing next to it then the appear/disappear trick would be far more effective (and play to the theme of physical objects being haunted).
    "Happiness is a Low Water Level"


    "Creating magical memories and making Managers cry since 1955!"


  11. #11

    • Sock Puppet
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    29

    Re: Idea's for the Hat Box Ghost.

    all great Ideas

    The Hat box ghosts trick back then was to dissapear and re-appear as the brides heart beats. probably putting the HBG outside the attic it would be great to give it cliche and humorous dialogue as it would fit right in with the whimsical style of the graveyard scene.

    however if it inside the attic or anywhere before. maybe just an evil cackle should be enough to keep it's mystery and yet sound a bit intimidating.

    So far the only presence the hat box ghost has in the mansion is his portrait hanging on the walls of the breathing door hallway if I'm not mistaken.

  12. #12

    • Gateway Fantasmic!
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Salt Lake City, UT
    Posts
    342

    Re: Idea's for the Hat Box Ghost.

    I think it would be cool if they could manage to make your head appear in the box. A little projection could make it way cool!
    "Crowded classrooms and half-day sessions are a tragic waste of our greatest national resource - the minds of our children." -Walter Elias Disney

    SEE MOM! Even Walt Disney thought school was bad!

    Twitter http://twitter.com/dogtherock
    YouTube http://www.youtube.com/user/dogtherock
    Facebook http://www.facebook.com/waltdisneyscaliforniaadventure
    (Look at the URL i got for Facebook

  13. #13

    • Larger Than (After)Life
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    A Dusty Attic
    Posts
    1,824

    Re: Idea's for the Hat Box Ghost.

    Where have all you foolish mortals been???

    I am coming back and it will be next year, possibly as soon as January. My bugs (not in the Oogie Boogie sense) are being worked out, as I type which isn't easy for a ghost, because my bony fingers keep passing right through the keyboard. Fortunately, I'm headstrong.

    I had wanted to be a fully functioning animatron with rear-projection eyes and dialog; but, sadly, that will not be the case unless a miracle occurs and the suits at Disney finally awaken to my full potential. In fact, with a head as quick as mine, they should let me do the brainstorming. Were I in charge, I'd have been back haunting the attic long ago, even worked into the plot (Is there one?) of the "Nightmare Before Christmas" holiday overlay and I would've been a frighteningly memorable part of the "Halloween Screams" fireworks show. But mice think small, so I've been relegated to pins, posters and plastic decor. *SIGH*

    So, as painful and gory as it sounds, keep an eye out or your eyes peeled and posted or some other disgustingly gruesome expression that translates into "keeping a mindful (Full of what?) watch." In the words of the famous composer, "I'll be Bach!"

  14. #14

    • Shifting cargo
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Lost Delta
    Posts
    6,152

    Re: Idea's for the Hat Box Ghost.

    I've been saying that the HBG should be right under the bridge where you first see the hitchhiking ghosts at the very end of the ride. He could be standing there, maybe slowly scanning everyone who goes by.






    "Well I don't know about you folks, but it's way past my bedtime."

  15. #15

    • The 'Big Dreams' Kid
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    7,572

    Re: Idea's for the Hat Box Ghost.

    I believe the pictures in the first hallway are the face of the Hat Box Ghost, so he is there.

    But I think he should be places in the beginning of the Cemetery, one of the first ghost's you see! I think they should make an effect where he appears and disappears like Randall in the shower on Mike and Sully To The Rescue at DCA!


Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Can anyone give me idea's
    By Sora in forum Kingdom Hearts Series
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 05-30-2008, 02:59 PM
  2. [Fun] And the Ghost will follow you home (silly Poem) and more Ghost themed stuff
    By brad chowen in forum Disneyland Resort
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 05-30-2008, 02:27 PM
  3. Have you ever seen a ghost?
    By DisneyDarian in forum MiceChat Main Lounge
    Replies: 25
    Last Post: 09-04-2007, 08:46 PM
  4. MP3 player for a child, any idea's?
    By Hakuna Makarla in forum The Tech Lounge
    Replies: 27
    Last Post: 10-02-2006, 10:12 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •