Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

• Sha-lalalalala my oh my

Re: Naughty Ride Pics.

Quote Originally Posted by Dan - Tasmic! View Post
    No, I don't, unfortunately, it didn't turn out as I hopped.
    Darn! That's too bad!

• hi!

i have a picture on ToT where some guy on the other side of the elevator took his shirt off.. that's about it..
    -plagued

• Yeah.....

Being naughty can be soooo much fun......

But we usually like to play it safe!
    Me and Kritter could have been doing something far worse in this pic:

That was a fun ride...

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by RPDigger View Post
    ^^^Perhaps everyone else on the ride, who can't buy the picture because of what the kids did, care.
    And, those folks sound be given priority to get right back on TOT to try again with another group to see if they can get a better photo.

I heard that Disney was doing away with the photos screeners. That's too bad.

Quote Originally Posted by Sir Didymus View Post
    Being naughty can be soooo much fun......

But we usually like to play it safe!
    Me and Kritter could have been doing something far worse in this pic:

That was a fun ride...
    How'd you get this pic? Only two people in an elevator? lol.

As a little kid I always wondered what "Your photo got washed away" or "Your photo got lost in space" meant, as if they really did get lost. I figured out they screened some photos out.

I used to do the West Side hand thing on photos alot, and almost every time my photo would get "lost"

I don't know if they still do this, I don't think so. I usually make a funny face or read the DL map or look at my cell phone or make fun of the person next to me for my pictures. I recognize some people actually want to buy these pics, and don't want to ruin it with a stupid, explicit gesture.

• We Go On.

Quote Originally Posted by SoCal024 View Post
    Who really cares about the photo they took? Sounds to me you need to mind your own business. Just my suggestion.
    This is likely to affect a lot of people, though. It isn't a matter of personal preferrence- it's a matter of bad show.

• I'm the only one!

Quote Originally Posted by orbitalpunk View Post
    I dont understand why people are stupid for giving the finger. I bet every single person here has given the finger at least once in their lives. Now a group of teenagers goofing off are stupid? Leave the kids alone. You should be complaining to disney, not the teenagers for goofing off. It's Disney who has reduced funding for photos screeners like they did for splash earlier this year. Its Disney who does not have any warning signs saying "don't give the bird to the camera". It's Disney who doesn't have people blurring out certain parts so that you can still get your photo. Kids wanna goof off, you want your photo, disney could have appeased both sides. I wish people won't loose their photos, but I don't like seeing kids getting picked on either.

Next time tell a CM they lost their photo because of the kids and ask to ride again without waiting in line.

And this notion of a automated blurring system is ridiculous. Software can barely fix red eye on its own!
    That is how I felt in the original post. I didn't blame the teenagers, although I wish they had a better sense of personal responsibility, kids will be kids. I did talk to a cast member but they told me all the could do was not sell the picture. There was no mention of being able to ride again without waiting in line.

I've read that WDW policy is to allow an immediate re-ride if your photo was ruined by someone else in the ride vehicle. I would guess the same thing applies to DL, but that's all it is — a guess.

• 387 Miles from Disneyland

You know sometimes it's a special ride! This last visit my son was tall enough to ride TOT and swore up and down that he really wanted to. So we did it and got the picture to commemorate it! Turns out he really didn't like it and didn't want to go on it again during the trip. Luckily no one ruined the picture as we wouldn't have had a second chance to get his first ride captured and he didn't want to do it again.

• Circle of Ancients

Quote Originally Posted by leopardchucks View Post
    I've seen whole groups of girls 'applying' lipstick and gazing into compacts nonchalantly while on a log flume (not at DLR). I must say they gave me a laugh. Totally unexpected.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gonzotigger View Post
    I've seen one like this but instead of make up they were all texting on their cell phones like they didn't care about the ride.
    Things like this are harmless and don't take away from anybody else's enjoyment or ability to buy the picture if they choose to.

We've done the "let's pretend were asleep", "act REALLY crazy", "See, Speak, Hear no evil", etc poses.

Too late, I already done it, lol,
    You can't possibly think your the only person who has thought of/done this.

No, I don't, unfortunately, it didn't turn out as I hopped.
    Then it's fair game for somebody else to do ... IMO.

I say if you want to do something like this, and it's not going to hurt anybody else/disrupt the ride/prevent anybody else from buying the picture, then go for it.

• "I Break Things"

Quote Originally Posted by sir clinksalot View Post
    I say if you want to do something like this, and it's not going to hurt anybody else/disrupt the ride/prevent anybody else from buying the picture, then go for it.
    I think this pretty much sums it up... with one minor addition now that Disney lacks screeners...

Remember kids will see the photo. I understand and appreciate freedom of expression but I believe there should be limits when children are present. In the past Disney screened images. I actually preferred the "washed away" as opposed to a topless woman or a man flipping off a camera... there are certain things I don't think should be seen by children in public. Back when they had screeners if someone had their own log and wanted to flip off a camera... go for it... now when children will see it I would say please don't.

You can blame Disney for not screening it, but should they have to? Should Disney really be to blame for not properly babysitting individuals who should know better to begin with? As I said it was nice when Disney screened it out... but the ultimate responsibility lies with the people who chose to do it.
    "Happiness is a Low Water Level"

"Creating magical memories and making Managers cry since 1955!"

• CM supporter

30 miles south of the happiest place on earth

Things like this are harmless and don't take away from anybody else's enjoyment or ability to buy the picture if they choose to.

We've done the "let's pretend were asleep", "act REALLY crazy", "See, Speak, Hear no evil", etc poses.
    I think they were sharing that as examples of fun stuff they've done, which was the second part of the original post.

You can't possibly think your the only person who has thought of/done this.

Then it's fair game for somebody else to do ... IMO.
    Was he claiming to be the only person ever to have thought of/done this? Did he tell anyone they couldn't do it?

Maybe something was lost in internet translation, but responses seemed a little rude.

• CM supporter

30 miles south of the happiest place on earth

Quote Originally Posted by orbitalpunk View Post
    I dont understand why people are stupid for giving the finger. I bet every single person here has given the finger at least once in their lives. Now a group of teenagers goofing off are stupid? Leave the kids alone. You should be complaining to disney, not the teenagers for goofing off.
    So people shouldn't be held responsible for what they do on private property? Teenagers know that giving the finger in a photo at Disneyland is something they shouldn't be doing, that's why they do it.

What if someone was flashing or mooning the picture? Most people have flashed or mooned some time in their life.

If someone is capable of discerning between right and wrong, they are responsible for acting in a manner that is appropriate for their surroundings. Giving the finger in a picture that kids will almost certainly be looking at is inappropriate.

"Leave the kids alone" is the type of statement that has led to kids and teens on up being so rude and disrespectful these days.

• MiceChat Moderator
    • Starcruiser.. crash crash

Quote Originally Posted by Sir Didymus View Post

That was a fun ride...

I bet! Couldn't even wait until your rooms were ready huh?

Visit my mice chat toy shop!
    http://micechat.com/forums/merchandi...oy-shoppe.html

Track Disney Animation Presence in the Theme Parks Worldwide!
    http://micechat.com/forums/disneylan...ired-them.html

Naughty ride pics (bewbs, obscene gestures) are just tasteless and rude because the offending parties just ruin things for everyone else in the ride who didn't wanna be caught up in that...

...this, however, is totally awesome.

http://xkcd.com/chesscoaster/

http://imgs.xkcd.com/chesscoaster/Ma...nturePhoto.jpg
    Last edited by NeverNeverland; 10-01-2009 at 05:21 PM. Reason: hotlinked image removed

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast