Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

• Hukuna Matata!

Why cry at disneyland?

Why do people cry so much at disneyland? It is the happiest place on earth, but it seems like I always hear infants that are to young to be taken to the park anyway crying so loud it gives you a migrane and the parents are to lazy to quiet them down. Then you have the spoiled kids that cry complain pout, Back in my day you would get spanked for acting like that, And then some adults are just as bad, I wonder cant you smile a little bit and cry in your normal life.
    Last edited by Joshnyah; 11-24-2009 at 02:01 PM.

• Hukuna Matata!

Re: Why cry at disneyland?

Actually the prices of disneyland make me cry sometimes :P Jk

• "I Break Things"

this should take off like a spark in a powder keg...

Personally I would say that some parents push the limits of their kid(s) attempting to pack more "fun" into an already full day. Kids get so excited about going to Disneyland. Most times they are up all hours of the night jumping on their bed, and up at the crack of dawn waking their parents up... it's literally like Christmas. Due to all the excitement the kid(s) will likely at some point need some downtime. Parents don't always realize this. Sometimes the kid(s) is scared of going on, or really doesn't care about waiting for this show... parents often want to pack as much as possible into the day and don't plan for downtimes, don't plan for those moments when a child really doesn't want to ride or wait and see a show.

It really comes down to knowing your kid(s) and planning accordingly.
    "Happiness is a Low Water Level"

"Creating magical memories and making Managers cry since 1955!"

• Senior Minion

I saw a little boy crying because his mom was making him go on FNSV instead of being able to look at the ducks which he clearly found more entertaining. Who can blame him really?

I cried during the Remember Dreams Come True fireworks (especially in the Shenandoah portion).

THe overcome with the maigic

• Future Indy Castmember

I've seen my fair share of kids crying because their parents are making them go on a ride that they clearly don't like because they were afraid of it. Specifically on IJA. Half the time I see this, they end up enjoying the ride but other times, they end up crying even worse then they were in line. If the latter happens, it makes me sad on the inside, knowing that the kid was really afraid of going on it and now the parents made it worse after the ride. I really hope that parents are more considerate on what their child wants to do and let their kid ride the ride when they are ready.

Duffeteer Society of Tenders, Artists & Romantics
    Check out the
    MICECHAT Duffy Forum
    Bringing the Love since January 10, 2011

The world is a treasure trove of places.
    The colors of Earth, Sea and Sky. Beauty i'm told, is ours to behold. In the wonderful world of color.
    Indy Ride Count: 2211
    World of Color Count: 74

• Closed Account

I cry whenever I know Fantasmic! is showing...

• "I Break Things"

Quote Originally Posted by Steve DeGaetano View Post
    I cry whenever I know Fantasmic! is showing...
    Yes we know how dearly you love that show and how emotional you become while watching Mickey dance around dressed as a sorcerer battling evil! We see the look of excitment on your face as you pretend to be Pan and dance around while your favorite sailing ship Colombia is transformed into Hook's Pirate ship. We see the concern on your face as Mickey narrowly escapes the dragon. And then your face lights up. Steaming past in all her glory is the beloved Mark Twain with her decks sparkling in the glow of fireworks and the smiles of Disney characters. It is an ending that brings you to your feet as you bawl like a little child having been fully immersed in the magic of Disneyland. And in the blink of an eye it is once again transformed back into a tranquil riverfront...

...Yes Steve we understand your tears
    Last edited by techskip; 10-01-2009 at 04:24 PM.
    "Happiness is a Low Water Level"

"Creating magical memories and making Managers cry since 1955!"

• Peaches and Dreams

I'll give them something to cry about... *cracks his knuckles*

• Cheese With That Whine?

I cried there when i was really young once because I was sick and had to miss the fireworks, if that counts.
    Dude..

• Cranky Dragon is Cranky

Quote Originally Posted by techskip View Post
    Yes we know how dearly you love that show and how emotional you become while watching Mickey dance around dressed as a sorcerer battling evil! We see the look of excitment on your face as you pretend to be Pan and dance around while your favorite sailing ship Colombia is transformed into Hook's Pirate ship. We see the concern on your face as Mickey narrowly escapes the dragon. And then your face lights up. Steaming past in all her glory is the beloved Mark Twain with her decks sparkling in the glow of fireworks and the smiles of Disney characters. It is an ending that brings you to your feet as you bawl like a little child having been fully immersed in the magic of Disneyland. And in the blink of an eye it is once again transformed back into a tranquil riverfront...
    Hey, that's why I cry at Disneyland! (I also cry during fireworks and the Electrical Parade. Don't judge me.)
    Current hat total: 100 of 100 - completed!

Duckland
    : Stroll through downtown Duckburg, making sure to tour Scrooge's Money Bin, then cross the Audubon Bay Bridge to St. Canard. Visit Liquidator's Splash Pool, and don't forget a stop by Bushroot Gardens!

• Member; Mousketeer

Because if one's siblings do not behave, the parents
    threaten to leave the park to go home.

Spoiling the entire trip for the family.

And when one is the eldest of the children,
    you cannot help but want to cry.
    Last edited by Rob™; 10-01-2009 at 05:03 PM.

• I eat TR's for breakfast!

You don't want to know how many times I've heard the "Do this or we're going home" threat.

Seriously, parents, it's getting old. O_o

• Lord of the Sky

Blog Entries

I always like write a book on this subject and the things I my eye's see and my ear's hear!
    How in the Morning how every one act like a kid when get there ,even the parents!
    And for me I wounder who the parents and who the Kids.......
    I for one I do like seeing little infants there at the parks !!! They have no I deal
    were they at and a hard day it's put on them!
    I Hate parents that make ther kids go on something ,that they are afraid of!
    At the end of day going the tram back the parking area WOW!
    I hear things like "....wait to get you home.....I did not paid $70 dollars so you can play on the computer...crying so loud from kids .. I did get that or she hit me first
    like".................GET ME OUT OF HERE"......................
    only thing I think of is this the happiest place on earth? L O L

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast