Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • The Future is in RED?

Moving, somewhere in time...but mostly stuck in SoCal in the County of Orange

Question Re: Do you think Tahitan Terrace will everbe on Tony Baxter's List of Returning Class

Quote Originally Posted by orbitalpunk View Post
    Remember the flaming banana rum dessert? that thing started spoon wars!
    ^Info it about Please.(It just sounds so werid.)

• Beach Expert

A beach town that Harbor Blvd was named after

Re: Do you think Tahitan Terrace will everbe on Tony Baxter's List of Returning Class

Off topic -- Tomorrowland is NOT about the future. It is about hope and optimism using today's technologies and technologies yet to be developed. At least that's what it was about until people started assuming it was about the future. That's when it started going downhill.

• Trouble a'Bruin

Re: Do you think Tahitan Terrace will everbe on Tony Baxter's List of Returning Class

The kitchen for next to the Aladin show is being renovated so that it can be used as the main kitchen for that side of the park when the New Orleans kitchen renovation starts soon. In a few years when that whole mess is taken care of, then its a maybe. if not that then maybe a different dinner show.
    I only hope that we don't lose sight of one thing-it was all started by a mouse

• Senior Minion

Blog Entries

Yes it would, Espically if they re themed it right.

• MiceChat Moderator
    • Mischief Managed

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Timekeeper View Post
    ^Info it about Please.(It just sounds so werid.)
    Imagine a Banana split with vanilla ice cream toped with caramel and soaked with rum and set on fire. Yes, actual rum liqueur, thats why it burns I can't remember if you had to be over 21 or not to order it since I had a god awful fake ID and am not sure if I had used it or not.

Best dessert of my life.

They had several dsserts with rum. Here are two menus that I had found. The desserts had slightly changed over the years.

http://www.matterhorn1959.com/blog1/tahititerrace10.jpg

Tahitian Terrace Menu at Yesterland

anyways, I would split it with my lady at the time and our spoons sounded like a sword fight right out of an Errol Flynn movie.

Rumbucklers!
    You can never run out of imagination. The more you use, the more you gain.

• Senior Minion

IIRC a small crouton-like thingie that had been soaked in rum was atop the dessert -- that was the bit that was ignited. You didn't have to be over 21 to order them. And yes, they were great!

If Radiobarry stops by this thread, he can tell you all about it -- he worked there.

"With the acquisition of Marvel and now of Lucasfilm,
    Disney may have finally found the grail. You don't need
    imagination or art. All you need is a brand."

- Neil Gabler

• Faerie Godmother

One of my "Armchair Imagineering" ideas in development is to renovate Aladdin's Oasis into a broad-based "Adventureland Theatre" that can be used for all sorts of tropical-themed shows. It would be a great place to concentrate the movie characters for stage performances and meet-and-greet so that the rest of the land could be more pseudo-realistic.

• Senior Minion

I suppose it's too much to hope that the Tahitian Terrace can just return as the Tahitian Terrace... romantic, exotic Polynesia as interpreted by "classic Disneyland" Disney... without it become another platform to push more damn franchise Disney and Pixar cartoon characters.

"With the acquisition of Marvel and now of Lucasfilm,
    Disney may have finally found the grail. You don't need
    imagination or art. All you need is a brand."

- Neil Gabler

• Minion

That's similar to Bananas Foster, a New Orleans specialty, where bananas are sauteed in butter, then placed over vanilla ice cream, then run or banana liqueur is poured over and lit on fire. It dies out quickly and what you are left with is a mixture of hot bananas, butter, vanilla ice cream and rum flavor.

• I'd rather be @ D-land

I was getting ready to post this story in the Magical momments at DL thread but it fits better here.
    When I was a pre-teen we had Swedish exchange students stay with us. We brought them to Disneyland. I will never forgot Hokan's face when one of the hula dancers winked at him - I thought he was going to fall over. The next year when his brother was with us he was one of the volunteers from the audiance who got to hula on stage with the dancers.
    It would be wonderful to have that classic, imersive, wonderful Disney attraction/restaurant back!!

• "I Break Things"

I fear that if it does come back it will go a similar route to Celebration BBQ... lowered quality with raised prices.
    "Happiness is a Low Water Level"

"Creating magical memories and making Managers cry since 1955!"

• aka the scorpion eater!

Quote Originally Posted by techskip View Post
    I fear that if it does come back it will go a similar route to Celebration BBQ... lowered quality with raised prices.
    I think we all are thinking that... although we can only hope and dream that it wont! I have heard such awesome things about the Tahitian Terrace and seriously, I remember Alladins Oasis when it was a restaurant... Whoever posted those menu items, Some of those menu items looked good!
    Add me... I dont bite LOL!
    http://tamasurvivor.tumblr.com/

http://www.youtube.com/tamasurvivor
    http://www.facebook.com/TAMAsurvivor

Commence Dragulation... Dragulation complete!!

• "I Break Things"

Quote Originally Posted by tamasurvivor View Post
    I think we all are thinking that... although we can only hope and dream that it wont! I have heard such awesome things about the Tahitian Terrace and seriously, I remember Alladins Oasis when it was a restaurant... Whoever posted those menu items, Some of those menu items looked good!
    I'm not sure if you caught it at Haunt but the Inferno show in many respects reminded me of Tahitian. It's one of those strange primal attractions that compels an audience to watch someone dance with fire. This is an atmosphere that has sadly gone missing from the Polynesian portion of Adventureland.
    "Happiness is a Low Water Level"

"Creating magical memories and making Managers cry since 1955!"

TT coming back might be a mixed bag - ncie to welcome back an old favorite, but unlikely it would come back "the same".

I'd be surprised if the new menu wasn't one-price-shocks-all, as opposed to a la carte.

But, probably a better value than the BBQ, because TT could offer a legitimate show.

• Circle of Ancients

Blog Entries

In those days you could spend a whole afternoon in Adventureland, without Indiana Jones.

Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast