Page 1 of 10 1234 ... LastLast

• Waiting 4 DCA Demolition

Do you think Tahitan Terrace will ever be on Tony Baxter's List of Returning Classics

Well,starting last year, Tony Baxter began restoring certain aspects that made Disneyland more special Mr. Lincoln and the Disney Gallery have also been added to the list. Aladdin's Oasis has already been closed for more than a year and shows no signs of returning. I personally would love if he decided to bring Tahitan Terrace back as well. I personally have never experienced it and I don't believe it would be too hard to bring it back and it would give Disneyland some more of that special feel that Tony Baxter has been giving back to the park.
    "Walt Disney World may have more than Disneyland, but Disneyland has quality, and quality triumphs over quantity" -DL_CRAZE

• Minion

Re: Do you think Tahitan Terrace will everbe on Tony Baxter's List of Returning Class

When we ate lunch at Tahitian Terrace, I thought we were on Gilligan's Island.

Hoping and praying that Mr. Baxter will push hard for a return of Mine Train thru Nature's Wonderland and Adventure thru Inner Space. Those 2 returning would make me very happy. And PeopleMover.

• Future Indy Castmember

Re: Do you think Tahitan Terrace will everbe on Tony Baxter's List of Returning Class

You know. I think your right. The storytelling thing that was there isn't playing anymore. It didn't come back after the Summer of Hidden Mysteries ended last year. Who knows what they're planning for that area.

I would love to see the Tahitan Terrace return since I also haven't experienced it yet.

I would also love it if they brought back the Random Acts of Indy on Adventureland.

Duffeteer Society of Tenders, Artists & Romantics
    Check out the
    MICECHAT Duffy Forum
    Bringing the Love since January 10, 2011

The world is a treasure trove of places.
    The colors of Earth, Sea and Sky. Beauty i'm told, is ours to behold. In the wonderful world of color.
    Indy Ride Count: 2211
    World of Color Count: 74

• Lord of the Sky

Blog Entries

Tahitan Terrace return .... i think that be GREAT!
    I miss it....Specialy during the summer nights!
    Also bring back the PEOPLEMOVER and have new refresh Tomorrowland to look at..........!

• Christmastime for Rocker

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Weaver View Post

Hoping and praying that Mr. Baxter will push hard for a return of Mine Train thru Nature's Wonderland and Adventure thru Inner Space. Those 2 returning would make me very happy. And PeopleMover.
    Tahitan Terrace would be awesome, since I never got to see it myself. As for the remainder- put it in the yesterland.

Star Tours isn't going anywhere, and Innoventions will stay there as long as people continue to visit it.

•   
    • Support MC - Go GOLD!

I would hate to see BTMRR go away
    put I would love to see the Mine Train (since I never got to ride it)
    There's plenty of space to leave BTMRR and bring back the mine train (atleast I think so ... and yes, it won't have some of it's orig. space back, but I could live with that)
    Quote by Al:
    To that end I'd like the Internet community to join me in reminding the Disney company that "it all started with Walt." As you can see below we've created some T-shirts, plus a few simple graphics that you can copy and paste into your websites to let folks know how you feel.
    -Al Lutz

• Circle of Ancients

Blog Entries

I'm a die hard (think PeopleMover people or ATIS enthusiasts) fan of the Tahitian Terrace, my favorite Disney restaurant of my youth.

I would go all the time.

• Future Indy Castmember

Quote Originally Posted by DLFreak71 View Post
    I would hate to see BTMRR go away
    put I would love to see the Mine Train (since I never got to ride it)
    There's plenty of space to leave BTMRR and bring back the mine train (atleast I think so ... and yes, it won't have some of it's orig. space back, but I could live with that)
    That would seem possible. Tear down the petting farm, BTR and the Arena and we have an opportunity for a smaller version. But I'm afraid that with the space, all they could do is copy the concept of Knotts Mine Train Ride but make it beter.

Check out the
    MICECHAT Duffy Forum

The colors of Earth, Sea and Sky. Beauty i'm told, is ours to behold. In the wonderful world of color.

• Minion

They could have the Mine Train and Big Thunder share some of the same real estate. To rebuild the Mine Train now would require re-designing its route though. I really wish they would, that would make Frontierland stellar.
    Star Tours really belongs either in Fantasyland or Hollywood Pictures Backlot. The Star Wars films take place in the past, not the future, and Star Tours has never belonged in Tomorrowland.

• Dream in wonderful color!

I don't care what goes in there, as long as they use up that space. I hate seeing unused empty spots at DL that close with no foreseeable replacement. The Aladdin storytelling was a cute show - definitely better than what's there now : nothing.

• Future Indy Castmember

The Star Wars films take place in the past, not the future, and Star Tours has never belonged in Tomorrowland.
    Now thats something I can agree with! I personally think that Star Trek fits better in Tomorrowland than Star Wars. I went to Star Trek: The Experience before it closed last year and I was blown away on how the rides there were done. Rivals what WDI can do. May not be happening in Disneyland anytime soon, but I really want Star Trek to come to Disneyland.

Check out the
    MICECHAT Duffy Forum

• Minion

That would be awesome.

• Down Pluto!

If he's smart.

I am Sambo, and I endorse this signature.

• MiceChat Moderator
    • Mischief Managed

Blog Entries

Remember the flaming banana rum dessert? that thing started spoon wars!
    You can never run out of imagination. The more you use, the more you gain.

•   
    • Circle of Ancients

Quote Originally Posted by CaliforniaAdventurer View Post
    I'm a die hard (think PeopleMover people or ATIS enthusiasts) fan of the Tahitian Terrace, my favorite Disney restaurant of my youth.

I would go all the time.
    Seems like all of my favorite eateries have gone to yesterdayland....Captain Hooks, American Egg House, Tahitian Terrace, Space Place, Plaza Pavilion....(sigh)

The only one left is Blue Bayou....thankfully I never went there in my youth(first time I dined there I was 19) or it'd probably be gone too
    Waiting for Godot Micechat.com

Page 1 of 10 1234 ... LastLast